Hi

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/29/14 12:23 pm - OH

Have you already submitted the passport application??  I ask because the way your post is worded, it sounds like you are expecting to just walk in someplace on Friday and walk out with one (which isn't how it works).  Depending on which location processes it (there are only a couple of passport issuing offices around the country) and how busy they are, it can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to get one.

Also, I'm just curious about why you opted for the mini bypass rather than RNY and where you got your research info from.  I don't mean that to sound like I am questioning your decision... I counsel people who are making WLS decisions (the surgeons I work with don't do the MGB, though) and I'm just interested in what information you found and what most influenced your decision.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

txbari
on 5/29/14 2:07 pm

I actually chose the DS. This doctor and others have said that they did not recommend the band or sleeve for me. This highly reviewed dr looked at my whole medical info and recommended the mini. I researched it and decided to go for it.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 5/29/14 1:39 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

You won't need a passport to go to Mexico but you will need a passport to get back into the US whether you fly or drive.  Additionally, even with expedited service you will not receive your passport on the same day. 

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Friends K.
on 5/29/14 1:56 pm
RNY on 01/14/14

I live on the El Paso/Juarez border and YES!!! You need a passport!!!!!

5'4" SW=285 PreOp=-13 (surgery @272#,1/14/14), 2week=-12 (260#), 1M=-20 (252#), 2M=-9.5(242.5#), 3M=-18 (224#), 4 M =-10 (214#), 5 M=-11 (202#) 6 M=-11(190.5), 7M=-7.5 (183), 8 M=-6 lbs (177) 9M=-5 (172) 10M=-7.5 (164.5#)

txbari
on 5/29/14 2:10 pm

Maybe I misunderstood that part of the long conversation. I do know the counselor was in another state and trying to sell me something.

I'm working on the passport and rescheduling around finances and whether someone can go with me.

goddessgrrl
on 5/29/14 2:10 pm - VA

I know everyone's experience is different, but the State Department has REALLY been doing a great job of getting you your passport FAST. Is there an actual passport office near you? Not just the United States Postal Service (which has the forms and has certain hours when you can take your 2 passport photos you got taken at CVS or Wal-Mart and the fee and submit it for you). Check to see if there's a US Passport Office (run by the government) near you. If there is, that will expedite the process. I know there are convenience fees you can pay to get your passport fast. But I applied for and got my passport (through the USPS) in less than 2 weeks without the expedition fee. A year earlier my son got his passport (his first) in less than 2 weeks also. They have really been on the ball lately.

All I know is, whenever I travel, I have my passport, even if it's within the United States. It gives me a measure of security. And I definitely have it when traveling overseas, whether by plane or boat. You HAVE to have it if you leave the country and want to get back in.

I wish you the best!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

txbari
on 5/29/14 2:15 pm

I can get to the dallas office but have to wait to be able to pay for it.

I've paid a deposit on the surgery but can reschedule and am in that process as well.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 361 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 79 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?