What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 4/6/15 12:54 am

That adequately describes it! 

Bubbles314
on 4/6/15 2:11 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi Everybody,

It's Monday.  I went to the WLS for my 6 month appt  last Thursday.  He was very happy with me and my weight loss, he also said that my labs were the best ever :)  I was told to try to exercise harder (apparently  I need to increase the intensity of my workout to reflect the weight I have lost to keep losing.  If I got that right, so I started)  I was told "ok" from the Dr to do the 5K next weekend and the one I signed up for next month.  I asked about my issue with going to the bathroom so much TMI,  He put me on a protein (meat) and water diet for 3 or 4 days, then I add back in wheat products, if that's ok after a couple days,  then I add in milk, then veggies then sugar like oranges/natural sugar.  If at any time I have diarehea (can't spell this to save my life) I stop eating what I added in.  So I can figure out what is an issue other than milk products.  I just need a couple hours to walk the 5K without fear of having to go to the bathroom.  So I am going to try this and get back to the Dr and hope that I can fix the problem.

My biggest fear is letting others fly the jet/cruise ship captains etc that I can't, I want to know what they did last night, drink ?, get any sleep.  I do fly etc, so I don't let it cripple me, at times like that Xanax is my best friend.  I have a fear of heights, dark damp places like caves or caverns, high winds and tornado's.

6 months today since WLS

B  4 sl turkey bacon

L  3 oz  rotissouri chicken

D  steak 3 oz

S  rotissouri chicken 3 oz, steak, or maybe a fuzzy naval protein shake (I can have cause I mix it with water) The Dr told me to eat more meat for a snack if I am hungry.

Cal 841, Protein 92, Carbs 1

V/W started

E  walking outside, and bike for 45 minutes

Hope you all have a good day

Friends K.
on 4/6/15 2:56 am
RNY on 01/14/14

New day, new week back to routine!

Easter was a weekend free for all but today is just a Monday.

B: Protein coffee- chocolate scoop with my coffee and a bit of creamer

L: smoothie with berries, yogurt and protein powder

s:quest bar

d: Grilled bbq chicken and asparagus

s: pea pods and hummus

My profile picture is from a year ago at Easter, I was a size 18 and I was so excited to shop in so many new stores!  I bought my daughter and I coordinating dresses from Tommy Hilfiger last year.  This year I can wear her size 8 from last year!

Surgery 14.5 months ago

5'4" SW=285 PreOp=-13 (surgery @272#,1/14/14), 2week=-12 (260#), 1M=-20 (252#), 2M=-9.5(242.5#), 3M=-18 (224#), 4 M =-10 (214#), 5 M=-11 (202#) 6 M=-11(190.5), 7M=-7.5 (183), 8 M=-6 lbs (177) 9M=-5 (172) 10M=-7.5 (164.5#)

Dcgirl
on 4/6/15 3:02 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ha ha Kristen, what a great topic!  I am afraid of every type of bug/spider...especially those things that have like 100 legs and can RUN that get inside...and ****roaches (no way to avoid them in the city).  I am adventurous in the sense that I will pick up hitchhikers in Syria (have done that) but would never do extreme sports like bungee jumping or skydiving - that terrifies me!

Apparently, your metabolism goes into OVERDRIVE after plastic surgery...I am at my lowest ever ever ever weight of 150.4 despite eating partly on plan and then adding in Easter chocolates.  Sigh...I have to make sure i don't get used to eating higher calories while my body burns them up efficiently because this too shall pass and I need to be disciplined enough to be back on my regular eating plan.

The good news is, on Saturday I got 7 miles in of steps - one day after my two week surgiversary from a lower body lift and breast lift.  I feel like my energy is at 95% and other than some swelling and occasional twinges, I honestly feel incredible.  Am I fortunate or crazy?  Either way, I am back to trying for 10,000 steps a day and plan to hit the gym at 4 weeks post-op for elliptical and treadmill.  I promise to listen to my surgeon and avoid working my core until six weeks post-op.  

Time Since Surgery: 17 months

B: Two coffees with low fat half and half, salted caramel light and fit greek yogurt with granola

L: Havarti cheese, sweet bell peppers, Trader Joe's jalapeño chicken sausage

D: Leftover chicken hard taco with mexican cheese and light sour cream

S: Yasso mint chocolate chip greek yogurt bar

I met the new bf's (two months dating) close family friends yesterday.  They are Haitian and welcomed me as if I were family.  Lots of hugs and people coming in and out all day.  Everyone was somehow related.  They served me the most delicious Haitian coffee and when I raved about it (it was delicious), they gave me a metal contraption that goes on the stove with water in the bottom, then coffee, and somehow it percolates to the top.  It's tiny and makes one cup.  They made sure to tell me "This is to make one cup, but when you live with Marc, we give you a bigger coffee maker".  Ummm...no pressure...LOL!  

It's the most gorgeous day EVER here in DC.  I just had my car detailed at lunch although it's going to rain tomorrow.  My car, Norbert, is so happy to have shiny wheels and an impeccable interior!

Enjoy your days!  I won't comment on Opening Day having no meaning in my life...so as not to be thrown off of this thread ;)

mamata2
on 4/6/15 4:03 am

Already talk of moving in together???  WOW!  They must have really liked you ;)

NYMom222
on 4/6/15 4:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Love the Bronx zoo...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 534 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 202 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 363 views