1 Week Post-op RNY

miss_moneypenny
on 8/6/15 4:56 pm

Wow!  After reading all these comments, I'm jealous.  I have been on strict diet of liquids, 2 weeks, liquids 2 weeks with adding greek yogurt and cream based soup only!  Not allowed to even look at eggs, cheeses etc. for another two weeks out...I feel like I've been launched into my golden years already :(  

Dinky75
on 8/6/15 5:06 pm

It is amazing to me how different all of the programs are.. I thought it was more standardized. 

sor09
on 8/6/15 8:55 pm

Normal. Glad your feeling great!

uscgraawl
on 8/7/15 6:14 am
RNY on 07/31/15

Maybe you should try easier foods. Like someone else mentioned, I'm one week post op today and I'm incorporating things like milk, mashed potatoes, yogurt, pudding. I'm on a full liquids diet. I don't start soft and moist foods til next week. 

HW: 273 GW: 130 RNY - July 31, 2015 M1: 28 LBS M2: 11 LBS

Dinky75
on 8/7/15 6:41 am

Thank you for your suggestions unfortunately my post-op diet does not allow for any carbs at this point so my options for soft foods are extremely limited.

uscgraawl
on 8/7/15 8:00 am
RNY on 07/31/15

No problem. Like I said, everyone's doctor/program is different. I have Kaiser and with their program I do get to have a small amount of carbs while building up my protein base. Since I get to have things like milk, yogurt, protein shakes, and creamed soups,  the small amount of carbs that I am getting from cream of wheat, oatmeal or mashed potatoes is kinda negligible to them. I am only eating two tablespoons of it, but incorporating other things (ie milk or shredded cheese) give me the protein boost. They gave me the goal of less than 500 calories per day and at least 25 grams of protein. It isn't until I have soft and moist foods do they really focus on always doing protein first. I think they just want to focus on making sure you can handle things in your pouch and some of those are pretty mild carbs and won't expand in your pouch like bread and pasta would. 

HW: 273 GW: 130 RNY - July 31, 2015 M1: 28 LBS M2: 11 LBS

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 496 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 369 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 84 views