Gained 20 pounds - 8 years out....Freaking out!

cpcampbell
on 1/17/16 5:21 pm

You know I don't do the scale daily simply because I'll obsess...Once a week on Saturday or Sunday.

White Dove
on 1/18/16 5:06 am - Warren, OH

The scale stresses me out and I obsess.  I have learned that if I avoid the scale I relax and gain weight.   A scale obsession is necessary for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

cpcampbell
on 1/18/16 5:38 am

I hear you White Dove  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/17/16 8:57 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Just my two-cents:  I think the 5-day pouch test is unnecessary suffering.  You don't have to go back to liquids to be successful -- in fact, liquids pretty much go straight through us meaning you will feel hungrier sooner.

Most vets will tell you to load up on DENSE protein.  Avoid liquids and slider foods -- that leave hungrier sooner.  

I guess the pouch test may work for some people who need to "detox" off of carbs -- but really, you can do that eating dense proteins and with far less misery.  

Good luck whatever you do!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/16 9:06 am

So true Kat. 

Spencerella
on 1/17/16 9:31 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Yup - much easier to eat all the dense protein you want at first. Then start measuring when the cravings leave. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Maria27
on 1/17/16 11:39 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

We should just start a new 5-day pouch test that involves eating nothing but all the rotisserie or grilled chicken you want for five days. I guarantee it will work better than an all liquid diet.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

cpcampbell
on 1/17/16 2:03 pm

I'm game for that.....It is just I truly feel the extra weight on my back....Ugh! My body frame is slim.  I went from 115 to 135 - ouch! My clothes are tight. I luv protein shakes extra thick so it will be rough the first couple days but by day three I'm feeling much better. 

cpcampbell
on 1/17/16 1:53 pm

Thank you Kat....You're on point: carb detox. The ONLY reason plus a quick 5-10 pounds off. I've done the pouch test several times with great results. It is just rough the first couple days but by day three I'm feeling much better.  

kdalpha
on 1/17/16 4:04 pm - Wrightsville Beach, NC

What is this pouch test you guys are talking about? I too had surgery in 2008 and have gained back 14 lbs since quitting drinking. Im eating non-stop and so hungry all of the time. I started going back to my blog today to go through old recipes I posted to try and get myself excited about cooking health and get off the carbs. I think the weighing everyday and planning meals is the best idea too. so what is this pouch test thing?

Nicole

http://thegastricbypassvegetarian.blogspot.com/

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 491 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 491 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?