Stuck/platea/what's wrong with me

KrystalSlate
on 3/6/16 10:47 am
RNY on 09/23/15

10 grams is 2/3 of a tblsp my dietician said 10 g of sugar per 8 oz will keep u from dumping,  i don't have low blood sugars except at night and the v8 fusion is first thing in morning.  most of the sugar comes from the fruit juice and sweet potatoe concentrate.  i know no liquid cal. but i normally can go 2-3 hours before i need breakfast after drinking. i know it's not perfect but gives me something, and seems like a better option than other things.  i don't have sugar except fruit which i am giving up completely.  im not a morning person,  5 hr energy sucks, im a picky eater,  plus it would give me  a high. i drink on the v8 fusion for 2-3 hours. i know there are things we have to change but I'm not a morning person.  

my dr. sd no on the pills, it seems like things get to me faster, weird with the malsorbtion, but i can stop all carbs except it .

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/6/16 12:24 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I could never drink that V8 Fusion. 

10 grams of sugar is more than I ever have in a whole meal... even on Christmas.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/6/16 1:16 pm
On March 6, 2016 at 6:47 PM Pacific Time, KrystalSlate wrote:

10 grams is 2/3 of a tblsp my dietician said 10 g of sugar per 8 oz will keep u from dumping,  i don't have low blood sugars except at night and the v8 fusion is first thing in morning.  most of the sugar comes from the fruit juice and sweet potatoe concentrate.  i know no liquid cal. but i normally can go 2-3 hours before i need breakfast after drinking. i know it's not perfect but gives me something, and seems like a better option than other things.  i don't have sugar except fruit which i am giving up completely.  im not a morning person,  5 hr energy sucks, im a picky eater,  plus it would give me  a high. i drink on the v8 fusion for 2-3 hours. i know there are things we have to change but I'm not a morning person.  

my dr. sd no on the pills, it seems like things get to me faster, weird with the malsorbtion, but i can stop all carbs except it .

Well...since you dietitian said it is OK, it must be so. 

What do I know, right? 

2/3 of TBS is a lot...but you do what you need to do. 

Good luck. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/6/16 5:54 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Exactly, it IS a lot.  4 grams of sugar = a teaspoon.  So 10 grams is 2.5 teaspoons of sugar.  Oh well.  

KrystalSlate
on 3/7/16 5:39 pm
RNY on 09/23/15

i said 2/3 tablespoon not teaspoon

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/7/16 5:45 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

There are 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon.  

In each teaspoon there are 4 grams of sugar.

Any way you slice it, it's a lot of sugar.  Eat and drink what you like, but everyone here who has been successful and who is further out than you is pretty much giving you the same advice ... advice you asked for.  I am simply telling you that I wouldn't, haven't and don't drink nor eat that much sugar ever at one time.  Do what you want.  I have already lost 209 pounds.  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/6/16 6:19 pm

How would 10 grams of sugar keep you from dumping? That is silly.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Amy R.
on 3/7/16 4:52 pm

10 grams of sugar at once pretty much guarantees dumping for me - and then a nasty bout of RH right after.

But I've only been at this for 7+ years and, like Hala, I'm not a nutritionist so what would I know? 

KrystalSlate
on 3/7/16 5:41 pm
RNY on 09/23/15

everyone's different, my sister in law drinks pop, eats cake,  and never dumps,  she also is 8 years out and still 110 lbs.. 

i don't dump or even get gas with the v8 infusion. ... its all personal. .. i was at the 6 month stall. . that from other posts seem to b common. .

Amy R.
on 3/7/16 6:00 pm

Oh I agree.  Everything is personal.   And I'm aware that not everyone dumps.

I'll tell you a little secret though:  Maybe not everyone who gains weight or stops losing weight is eating too much sugar.  But 99.9% of them are.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 497 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 370 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?