Vitamin Patches

Teio
on 3/10/16 6:39 am
RNY on 03/23/16

Hello all!

Are vitamin patches a good option post surgery?

Can anyone recommend a brand? I'd like to order them.

hollykim
on 3/10/16 6:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 10, 2016 at 2:39 PM Pacific Time, Teio wrote:

Hello all!

Are vitamin patches a good option post surgery?

Can anyone recommend a brand? I'd like to order them.

they work for me. The only brand currently available is from WWW.patchmd.com

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/16 7:49 am - CA

I use PatchMD and there is currently a code for 40% off your entire order.  The code is OMEGA3.  I use the Multi Vitamin, B12, Vitamin D with Calcium.  Wish these were out years ago!!!

Nik

Teio
on 3/10/16 7:52 am
RNY on 03/23/16

thank you!

I hope they deliver to Canada.

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/16 12:59 pm - CA

They do!  

RNY0615
on 3/10/16 9:16 am

I have been using them in the 8 months since I've had my surgery. I've had labs drawn a few times and no deficiencies yet. My surgeon and NUT hadn't heard of them and I'm their only patient using them, but he said he's fine with it as long as my labs stay normal. So far, so good! 

I haven't read of anyone on these boards having any deficiencies using them, either, but they're still fairly new to us here. PatchMD are the only ones available as of now. 

I use the multi and sometimes the B12, but I find I have trouble sleeping when I use the B12. I use a sublingual B12 most days. I take my calcium in capsules, but will be switching to the calcium patch when my current bottle runs out because they're a pain. I have to time my calcium pills around my iron pills and spread them out instead of all at once. I will be happy to switch to the calcium patch!!! 

Grim_Traveller
on 3/10/16 1:03 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

There is 1500 mg of calcium in the multi patch, so you might not need the additional calcium.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

RNY0615
on 3/11/16 6:42 am

You know what, Grim?! I'd like to give you a big ol hug around your neck! You're RIGHT!!!! Not only that, but I looked at my labs from before I started my calcium capsules and I was holding steady and within normal range from pre-op through to my latest labs. My last appointment (when latest labs were drawn) my NUT asked if I was taking calcium (in addition to my multi) and I said no and she told me to add it so I did just being the obedient person I am. BUT as I mentioned above, my surgeon and NUT are not familiar with the patch, and I didn't even think to look at what's in it and tell her there's 1500mg in it. 

I imagine I can just stop my extra calcium altogether now unless/until I get labs that show a downward trend. FANTASTIC!!!! :)  

dobermanleloo
on 3/10/16 1:22 pm
VBG on 02/10/16

I told my NUT that I was taking these vitamin patches and she said no they won't be good enough your skin is a barrier.  So I'm gagging down the chewable vitamins cause she said that is the only way to get in what we need.  Any other vitamin patchers out here that have been taking them a long time?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/10/16 4:12 pm

it works for some people, it does not work for others.. Only detailed lab work can tell is if you try to use them. 

I use some - but I need to take additional vitamins and minerals to help with my numbers..   

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 499 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 372 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 87 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?