What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 9/15/16 5:50 am, edited 9/15/16 5:57 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  It's going to be beautiful today, so I am blowing this popsicle stand at noon and taking myself to Onondaga Lake Park for a nice walk in the 70 degree sunshine.  I effing deserve it.  LOL  Except I didn't decide I was going to do this until I got to work and I'm wearing sandals.  Hmmm...maybe I'll just drop by Destiny and get mahself some new kicks before I head to the park.  I deserve those, too!  HA!

So, white after Labor Day.  Does anyone really give a **** anymore?  I'm wearing white pants and white sandals and I am rocking it.  Suck it, haters.  LOL

QOTD!  This is completely random, but if you reach out with your left arm, what can you touch?  Keep it clean.  LMAO    If I do that, I can reach my outgoing mail rack with approximately eleventy billion pieces of correspondence that need to be put into envelopes.  Anyone want to come and help me?  LOL

Time since surgery:  2+ years

B:  Bartlett pear, HB egg and a slice of Sara Lee 45 cal whole grain toast

S:  nada

L:  deli turkey breast on 34 Degree rosemary crackers with brie and SF red raspberry preserves.  I will partake of this deliciousness lakeside because I am fancy. 

D:  I have no idea

TOTALS:  Why bother?  LMAO 

I want all of you to have the best day today because all of you deserve the best day.  Love you guys. 

Kakesie
on 9/15/16 6:09 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Everyone!

QOTD:  When I reach out my left arm I hit the wall next to my computer or the edge of my computer.  If I raise my left arm I touch my calendar.  Real exciting, huh?

Followed my menu yesterday, but didn't get out to walk the dogs.  Too many other things going on yesterday evening.  (Excuses, sorry dogs).

Menu for today:

Breakfast:  1 egg sunny side up, 3 slices bacon

Lunch:  2 string cheese sticks, Oiko's Triple Zero greek yogurt

Dinner:  Chicken breast

Snack:  Cottage cheese

Snack:  Moon cheese

Snack:  Cashews

Snack:  Sugar-free pudding w/ cool whip

Exercise:  Walking the dogs

Have a fantastic day everyone!

~ Karen  

catwoman7
on 9/15/16 6:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:   I still haven't left for work yet; i'm sitting up (dressed and otherwise ready to go) in bed.  If I reach my arm out front, I touch air.  If I reach it out to the side, I can touch my sleeping husband...

Labor Day:  I don't really pay attention to that old rule anymore.  At least not while the weather's still warm.  In fact, I think I wore white capris just yesterday...

B:  Greek yogurt, 4 strawberries, a few aronia berries

S:  double protein shake

L:  1/2 C cottage cheese, 8 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 C of Chinese-flavored salad (cabbage, bell pepper, quinoa, carrots, peanuts)

D:  meeting a friend for dinner.  They have some interesting salads there - will probably order one of those and eat about a cup of it (no bread products, of course...)

exercise:  the restaurant is conveniently located near our gym, so hubby and I will head over there afterward.  Will probably do weights and then ride a stationary bike for 30-45 minutes.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

AngryViking
on 9/15/16 6:28 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oh, your lunch sounds yummy!

catwoman7
on 9/15/16 7:13 am, edited 9/15/16 12:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that salad turned out pretty good!   I had some last night with my fish.  The salad was already a couple days old by that point, and the dressing flavors were starting to overwhelm it, so I chopped up a bunch more vegetables and threw them in.  Good as new!

here's the recipe.  She calls it a Thai salad, but the flavors seem more Chinese to me (certainly not an authentic Asian salad, though (quinoa?) - but has the right flavoring).  I went heavy on the vegetables (esp cabbage) and light on the dressing.  Used PB2 instead of peanut butter in the dressing.  I didn't have any cashews, so I used peanuts - but just a few.

http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/crunchy-cashew-thai-quinoa-salad-with-ginger-peanut-dressing/ 

AngryViking
on 9/15/16 8:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Awesome, thanks for the link!  I'm totally going to make that.

catwoman7
on 9/15/16 8:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

if you follow the recipe as written, and use 2 cups of cabbage (rather than one), you end up with about six cups of salad.  Her nutritional breakdown is for 1/6 of the salad, so I figured that was about a cup.  Of course, I made mine lower calorie, but I still used her figures when calculating my macros.  I'd rather overestimate than underestimate!

Deanna798
on 9/15/16 6:23 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning AV and gang.  The weather is beautiful today too.  I never did get to the library with my kiddo yesterday, so we'll be heading there early this morning.  I will be driving, because I realized right before bedtime last night that I am completely out of diapers, so we'll be hitting up the store first to make sure my baby has his cute little booty covered.

I keep complaining about the allergens right now, and it's because I've had a low level sinus headache for the last week.  It's just this crazy pressure in my head that Tylenol doesn't touch.  I've been taking my Claritin, and while that keeps me from sneezing and itchy eyes, my head it hurting pretty bad.  I know it's sinuses because the pressure is so obvious.  I guess it's time to use something more to clear my head.

AV, I don't wear white a lot because I have a habit of staining my clothes, though I've never been one to follow the rules anyway.  

QOTD: My laptop, my coffee mug, some nail clippers.  some yarn, a book called At Yomi's Gate, September's Reader's Digest, my journal, a sweater... I could keep going.  I have a cluttered pile of my stuff right next to my seat.

So, my kid woke up last night at 4am because the full moon was so bright and shining through the window that it woke him up.  Since hubby was out of town and Kal was sleeping in my bed, I had to get him back to sleep.  He finally went back to sleep, and he's still sleeping now at 9:15.  I'm going to go get him up soon so we can start our day.

13 months since surgery

B: 1 egg, bacon, velveeta on 35 calorie toast.  Coffee with sf coffeemate

L: deli turkey sandwich with mayo and tomatoes on 35 calorie toast

D: chicken sausage and steamed broccoli

S: Light and Fit Greek Yogurt and shrimp with ****tail sauce

Totals

calories 910 protein 112 carbs 56 fat 33

My lunch yesterday was changed because when i went to make my sandwich, I realized that my hubby had used the last of the lunch meat.  He did pull another package out of the freezer, but it was still completely frozen, so I had shrimp with ****tail sauc.

Also, I haven't had a glass of wine all week.  Just thought I'd mention that.  I see my PCP on the 21st and I'm desperate to get some anxiety meds, I feel like I am in a constant state of agitation right now and it's really, really desperate for relief.  

Stay beautiful people.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

AngryViking
on 9/15/16 7:49 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Huh, I've never considered freezing lunch meat.  Is it the kind in the plastic containers?  Do you have to wrap it in anything or put it in a freezer bag?  How long does it last in there?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Deanna798
on 9/15/16 8:04 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Historically I buy lunchmeat from the deli counter when it's on sale I usually get a couple pounds (in separate bags).  I throw one pound in the freezer, just as it is, and when we finish one we pull the other out.  I've never had problems with freezer burn and it has sat in there sometimes for a few weeks.  But mostly, we fini**** within a week or so, especially if everyone is eating sandwich meat for lunches, etc.  

One time I had a black forest ham that I left in there for a while and when it thawed it had a weird texture, but it was a brand that I hadn't ever had before, and haven't tried again because we didn't care for it, so I don't know if the problem was from freezing or if it's just how it is normally.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 237 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics