What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 9/15/16 8:18 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Your menu looks yum.  But what is 'Tajin'? 

CurlyCass1977
on 9/15/16 8:29 am
RNY on 12/04/15 with

Tajin is a chili lime seasoning. I like to add spice to my apples, watermelon, pineapple and cucumbers with it. I crave spicy more than I ever did before my RNY lol. 

RNY 12-4-15 

HW 316

Consult Weight 308 8/15/15

Surgery Weight 289 12/4/15

Current Weight 220 9/10/16

AngryViking
on 9/15/16 8:30 am, edited 9/15/16 1:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Something new to add to my shopping list!  That sounds delish!

ETA:  Just so you know, Cheese Nips are vastly superior to Cheez-Its.  Boom.

melissasue1982
on 9/15/16 9:02 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I don't even know you anymore

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

stacyrg
on 9/15/16 8:50 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  We were having lovely fall weather, but it's supposed to get back up close to 100 on Sunday.  I'm ready for sweater weather.  I'm sooooo sad, you guys.  The gym where I go is a small independently owned place where I take cardio kick boxing and weight train.  I found out yesterday that they're moving locations.  Rumor has it they're going west of where I am.  Given traffic, I don't know that I'll be able to make class.  To be sure, I'd have to change my work hours so I can leave earlier (and who am I kidding, even when I come in early I'm usually here until almost 7)  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I've been trying to diversify my workouts, but I love this place and that workout with a passion and nothing else close to me works, time wise.  Sadness.

KQOTD No. 1 - I don't follow the labor day rules.  Maybe it has something to do with living in So. Cal where we really don't have seasons and people wear shorts year round.  I say white whenever you feel like it!

KQOTD No. 2 - My phone, a box of tissue and my book case which is jam packed with paper.

Plan:

It's not a good one.

B: 1.6 oz ham and 1.46 oz deli turkey (i was getting bored with just the turkey)  Actually my plan was to bring enough of each for a lunch and a snack, but my brain was not functioning, and I brought just over enough for a meal OR a snack 

L: either chicken breast (3.23 oz) or a hamburger patty with grilled onions (I have both with me)

D: Turkey feta burger with pesto (and a side of lactaid)

S: hard boiled egg; almonds; ??

Totals: Cal: 844; Protein: 85g; Fat: 31g; Carbs: 57g (what the hell???)

I'll be honest, I totaled everything before I messed up my breakfast/snack meats and it includes a latte which I didn't have.  But I'm too lazy to figure out the totals.  I'll fix it before the end of the day and supplement or remove as necessary

Emiepie
on 9/15/16 10:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That sucks about your gym, maybe it will work out and push you out the door if you get to work early?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

ttfan
on 9/15/16 9:30 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Air to my left, bookcase to my right

I don't wear white but if I did I wouldn't care if it were summer or dead of winter, my clothes I will wear it when I want!   LOL   In other words I don't care what other people think!

Breakfast
Kraft American Cheese Slices 2%, 1 Slice
1 oz Deli Ham, 2 oz

Lunch
Skinny Meatloaf - Meatloaf, 0.5 Slices

Dinner
Small Scallops, 10 small
Shrimps, 0.9 oz
Baked Cod, 1 oz

Snacks
Cappuccino Protein Powder, 0.5 - package
Lite and Fit Greek Yogurt, 1 container
Lo Salt Deli Ham, 2 oz

Totals calories 496 carbs 23 protein 82

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Nicole K.
on 9/15/16 9:55 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I'm baaaaack again, with vacation update part two.  Sorry for the delay, work catch up along with crazy emotions and hormones have had me completely off my rocker.  Seriously you guys, I'm about ready to admit myself into the damn mental hospital.  So, during my absence on vacay, the ex decided that he was going to come into my apartment, keys be damned.  And I came home to this.  Nothing was missing from my apartment, and you do not know how lucky I am, considering  I have tons of electronic equipment, I work in IT, 2 60 inch flat screens... The door was just open.

Oh, and I have no recourse with him because he stayed  in the apartment with me during the past 30 days.  Nevada tenant laws are the worst.  I can take him to civil court for the damages ($500), but it's not even worth it.  I don't want to see him.  

My wonderful spiritual advisor "sponsor" in AA got me my blinged out 4 year sobriety chip while I was in L.A.  I owe this woman my life for keeping me somewhat same lately.

My ex also hated me in makeup and never wanted me to wear it, so I splurged at the MAC counter

I am going to my boss today to present my case on taking my job and working from home, in L.A. initially.  Please wish me luck.  I have to do this for my mental sanity and get the hell out of Reno and away from my ex.  I'm such a pushover I know I will let him back in, and there's just too many memories here, I'm spending my days and nights crying and losing my mind.  Even if they don't let me take the job, I'm still going to give my notice, but I would feel A LOT better knowing I have work.  The final day of my vacation a mutual friend introduced me to a man who is so nice and wants to date me, but I'm such a mess right now, I don't know what's right.  I'm flying back to L.A. next weekend to finalize some arrangements and I'll get more pictures.  Here's me today looking really old because I was up all night crying over that STUPID JERK WHO KICKED MY DOOR IN.  

QOTD:  I have an oversize post it note pad with notes on it and a game plan to present to my boss why they should let me work from Los Angeles.  I'm terrified I'm going to go in there and burst into tears and that WILL NOT go over well, so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible.  I got all dressed up (not normal for me at all).  I have to learn how to walk in heels better.  I'm like a deer that got hit by a car, so glamorous!!!

Menu:

I have to to try to choke down a protein shake today, I haven't been eating much of anything.  Want to lose a ton of weight? Deal with nut job ex boyfriends that you still love for some INSANE reason and balance it with talking to an actual nice guy.  I am LOONY right now.

Thank you for listening to me rant and cry, I seriously love my OH family.   

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

melissasue1982
on 9/15/16 10:05 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I am so sorry your EX is putting you through this...again!!     I am so happy to hear that you are considering moving, if that is what you need for your mental well being than you DO IT!!!!  I hope your boss agrees and lets you work from home!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 9/15/16 10:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Girl you have so much on your plate right now. Hang in there. Sending prayers your way for the meeting with your boss-let us know how it goes.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics