What's on your Wednesday menu RNYers?

catwoman7
on 12/27/17 4:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Single digits again today, so I'm not feeling very motivated to leave the house. However, we'll probably go out for coffee this morning at least. There's also an "Aroma Yoga Nidra" class at 11:45 that sounds wonderful (Yoga nidra is a yogic form of meditation. And the aroma part makes it even more appealing. I've never been to a nidra class that uses essential oils - this sounds great!). We were also talking about going to a movie this afternoon, but in this cold, I don't know. I don't want to walk all the way across a big parking lot in this frigid weather!!

We had all these plans to do some deep cleaning this week of a couple of rooms in the house, but we haven't done any of that. All I seem to want to do is lie around and relax or do fun things. This has been a tough year, so maybe that's exactly what I need....

QOTD: We almost never do anything on New Year's Eve - and this year is no exception. No plans at all. However, for the last five years, we've gone to a New Year's Day brunch at a friend's house, so we'll do that this year as well.

Accountability was good yesterday. The only unneeded/unplanned eating was some protein pudding late last night, but I still came in at 1760 calories, which is OK for me.

2 years 6 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1 T tahini and 1 T raspberry preserves

S: coffee with half & half

L: 1 C chicken salad (made with Greek yogurt) in a Flat Out wrap

AS: Miralax/protein shake, maybe some raw veggies with Greek yogurt dip

D: pulled pork, baked beans, coleslaw

maybe another yogurt or crustless protein pumpkin pie later (if I can afford the calories...)

ex: either regular yoga or the gym tonight if I can make myself leave the house (it'll be below zero again later - ugh!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 12/27/17 5:04 am - Brighton, IL

Today it's 0 here with wind chills I don't even want to ponder. No outdoor walk today. I will do 4 miles on the treadmill this morning--even if it is so boring it puts me to sleep. About 11we're heading to the foodbank in Springfield to do some shopping for the food pantry. QOTD we never go anywhere New Year's Eve and I'm always in bed before midnight even gets here. I'm a boring old person I guess. Accountability was finally good with no extra bites. Post op 5 years 4 months and weight at 118.8 today. Heres the food for the day B1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese with 1/2 c diced tomato D 31/2 oz cheesy link(like a cheese burger but in a hot dog shape) 1/2 c broccoli steamed S sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Now off to make some coffee!

supershopper
on 12/27/17 6:01 am

you are my hero

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

karenp8
on 12/27/17 7:13 am - Brighton, IL

Update--treadmill is done and still boring. 4 miles finished.

Librarian67
on 12/27/17 7:36 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Way to go!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Emiepie
on 12/27/17 6:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Enjoying a second day in pajamas at the office (which for me it yoga pants and a long sweater today) as part of our stress relief-hey an excuse to wear leggings and yoga pants is fine with me!

QOTD: We have my sister, BIL, and nephew over and exchange gifts for the kids (okay, my nephew isn't a "kid" anymore but ya know..)play games, and just hang out. They typically don't stay until midnight so we watch the East Coast feed of the ball drop and they head home shortly after that.

Accountability: Argh....reminds me I need to go back and add to MFP as I had a pack of pumpkin spice granola bars and some nuts.

Time since surgery: 3 years 4 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chicken sausage, Carbmaster yogurt, and mixed nuts

D: Spaghetti squash casserole, ½ low carb Lavash toasted with butter and garlic, 1 square extra dark chocolate

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with canned pumpkin and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1203 Protein:119 Carbs:84 Fat:49

Make today count!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mandi87
on 12/27/17 7:10 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Good morning! Hope everyone had a nice relaxing holiday. I'm sad to be going back to work already (it doesn't feel like I had the time off that I did). I'm glad that it's a short week though! Three days of work and then another long weekend woohoo :)

qotd: I suppose it depends on the year. I usually try to stay up since it's always been a tradition but some years I end up falling asleep on the couch haha. DH's work buddy is having a New Year's Eve party this year that we're going to. I'm glad that we'll be out being social but I'm also nervous because I'm a very shy person around a bunch of people I don't really know so it'll be hard for me to break out of my shell and have a good time.

b: caramel macchiato syntrax

l: leftover pulled pork

d: leftover breakfast sausage and some eggs

s: not sure yet. Kale chips maybe and a Greek l&f

e: not sure I'll pull that into the mix. My neck and back are pretty messed up right now. Might have to drag myself in to see the doc :(

v:patches and oral d3 and iron supplement

have a great day everyone!

Amy Liz
on 12/27/17 8:12 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone!! Back to work after a week off. I could get used to being a lady of leisure quite easily in fact. I had a very nice Christmas. Unfortunately, my dad wasn't able to come to my brothers to celebrate with us. We aren't sure he understood that it was Christmas...and although he said he wanted to see all of us, he was so overwhelmed by the thought of having to leave his home that he just couldn't. He was confused and scared. It breaks my heart that he has to live this way.

QOTD - When I was young I was such a night owl!! If I make to 9 now it's a miracle. I'm headed to bed at 8 anymore and I REALLY like getting up at 5 - even on my days off. I love early mornings. So, we will stay in and celebrate east coast New Years if we are lucky and make it to 9 our time!! haha

accountability - I was an angel until yesterday. I don't know why I blew it - I had made it so far then this: I ate almost 2 whole sleeves of Ritz crackers, the better part of a box of cheese-its, and almost an entire bag of popcorn, oh and mashed potatoes. I have no idea how I can barely eat 3 ounces of dense protein yet ALL of that food didn't phase me.

13 mo post op - 168.5 - serious damage

b- coffee w/hc, HB eggs

l-ham

d-ham

v/l - on track

Make today a better day

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Librarian67
on 12/27/17 8:50 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Carbs are just evil and Cheezits are sneaky. Thankfully today is a new day and you can start again.

Amy Liz
on 12/27/17 10:24 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Seriously evil

Yes, thankfully today is a new day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views