What's on your Monday menu RNYers?

LuckyLoser
on 10/22/18 2:50 am, edited 10/22/18 2:51 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hello everyone:

I'm up early this cold, dark Monday so I thought I would give a try to starting a new thread. (I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone recently!)

I almost came home with a new member to add to my family on Saturday. I made the "mistake" of looking at the cats and kittens at our local SPCA on Saturday afternoon. I was there to help out at the rabies vaccine and microchip clinic.

One cat really caught my eye. He was doing flips and other acrobatics to catch my eye. For a male, he was on the small size. I took an application home for him.

When I got home, I took my dog out. My neighbor has been taking care of a feral mama cat and her 2 kittens on her front porch. So who do you think tried to chase them away . . . of course, my dog! How fast I forgot how he teased my cat for 8 years before she died . . . although she learned to outwit him!

Now that he has been an "only child" for about 2 years, I just don't think it would be good idea to bring a small cat home. My dog is a terrier mix and the "work" of terriers is to chase down small, furry things. Not a great companion for a small, furry cat, I would think. Too bad, though. I really miss having a cat.

QOTD: What is one of your pre-op favorite food dishes that you have been able to adjust to fit in your post-RNY food plan?

Being 1/2 Italian, my main concern post-RNY was how was I going to replace pasta? Fortunately, I didn't have to do the magic because I'm not a good cook! I found frozen penne made from lentils and zucchini mixed with olive oil. I just have to heat it up in the microwave, add marinara sauce and grated cheese, and eat! It has a great al dente texture, it looks real, and tastes great. It has made me one happy camper!

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Breakfast: non-fat milk, SF chocolate syrup, protein powder

Snack: LF, SF Greek yogurt

Lunch: turkey with mustard

Snack: non-fat milk with protein powder

Dinner: refried beans with melted cheese on top

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Writergurl08
on 10/22/18 3:58 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning all! I went to bed early after helping my cousin paint her new apartment and unpack her kitchen. I unpacked her new crockpot and started her a big pot of chicken noodle soup so she'd have meals for the first few days since she hasn't gotten groceries yet. I was bone tired after all that work.

qotd: I make pizza by cooking all the ingredients together in a skillet, adding pizza sauce, and topping with cheese. It's basically a "pizza topping casserole" but it hits the spot without the bread.

Breakfast: coffee with Premier

snack: veggies with yogurt-based homemade veggie dip (veggies leftover from Saturday's veggie tray)

lunch: chicken breast with fajita seasoning and hot sauce

dinner: steak

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

bethmal
on 10/22/18 4:21 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning All,

Quiet weekend here. I should be refreshed from all the resting and napping I did.

QOTD: I can't think of any recipe I have adjusted. We don't eat pasta, however I might have to try to find the pasta you mentioned. I did make a pretzel salad for a summer picnic and used everything sugar free so we could have something safe to eat at the picnic.

B: PP chocolate shake

L: leftover pork tenderloin with a dab of sugar free BBQ sauce

D: not sure yet

Have a great day!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Au_Contraire
on 10/22/18 12:49 pm

What's a pretzel salad?

bethmal
on 10/22/18 4:23 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

supershopper
on 10/22/18 4:27 am

hi all

up and at em this morning- lots of errands this weekend but did make the gym sat and sunday so that was good. the bad news is that the well is producing but slowly which means we have to hydrofrack it to get down further. and the pump is bad- so it is NOT GOOD. the good news is something is happening at the mountain as some neighbors are having the same issue so it isn't the prior owners lack of information on this one but an environmental issue. after what we have been through- another omission from the prior owner I could not take...

QOTD: i honestly cant remember- i just know where my danger dishes are. I do like shepherds pie with cauliflower and veggies and turkey instead of beef. Or ground lamb. that sounds good maybe i need to make that...

food for today- not quite sure- leaving by 11 for airport to fly out to Ohio for this week's work.

Protein pancakes

coffee with PP as creamer

water

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Librarian67
on 10/22/18 5:25 am
RNY on 02/28/17

So sorry that you are having more problems with your water. Yes, it is a bit reassuring that it doesn't seem to be the fault of the former owner, but having to do more fracking is still a pain and $$!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

supershopper
on 10/22/18 5:57 am

ahhh the joys of living in the country

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

yvonnef1964
on 10/22/18 4:47 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I have to take my friend to the doctor, hopefully she sees him. They keep canceling her appointment this month. This is the third time this month. Then run some errands before I go to work.

My dad got my kitty's nails trimmed yesterday. She was so calm for him. They feel better now when she touches me with them, not getting dug. His cat didn't like her but she's old so I took Misty to the car and wrapped her in a blanket.

Qotd I make a lasagna in my instant pot without noodles or for pizza, a cream cheese crust.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D pork loin roast and carrots the last of it.

Have a good day

catwoman7
on 10/22/18 5:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' from Chicago, All!

I didn't sleep too well last night - I kept having frustration-themed dreams (like not being able to find my purse when I had only minutes to catch a train to go who-knows-where), so I finally just gave up and got up and showered. ARRGGH. Hope I'm alert for the drive home today!

LuckyLoser: we have an issue between two of our cats that started right after we brought one of them home. We've had a lot of luck integrating cats in the past (even though it can sometimes take awhile - once it took *months*), and we were hoping these two would become friends because the resident cat was already seriously bonded to one of our other cats who is much older than him, and we were afraid he'd be lost when his buddy died. BUT...these two started off hating each other and it's NEVER let up. So we've been time-sharing our house for the last three or four years. Each has his own bedroom (i.e., our two guest rooms), and one is in his room while the other has the run of the house, and vice versa. It's a huge PITA. So if I knew before even bringing another pet home that there would be conflicts, I don't think I'd do it, even if I REALLY wanted that other pet! So even though I know you really want that cat, I think you made the right decision.

All - I got a Facebook message from Karen P yesterday. I'd been worried about her since it seemed like it had been way too long - I was afraid she'd dropped off the face of the Earth. But no - she's fine. They're in their last four days of a camp in rural Louisiana, and the internet service there is "sketchy at best". After this they're moving on to another camp in Arkansas for three weeks. Hopefully the internet will be better there so she can join us again. She misses us and sends greetings. She said her weight is fine and Lily has been very happy living at the camp.

QOTD: I loved pizza. DH would bring home a large (or we'd go out for one), and we'd each eat half of it. I avoided it like the plague the first year of surgery. Now I eat it again, but only occasionally, and I either have one piece or scrap the toppings off two pieces (or maybe three if they're really small slices) and leave the crust.

Lucky - I've tried that lentil & zucchini pasta (Birds Eye makes it - some other manufacturers might as well - or something similar), and you're right - it's great. It comes closer to the real thing than spiralized vegetables, even though I like those, too.

3 years 4 months out:

B: coffee with half & half, fruit and/or nuts and Greek yogurt (I'm at the hotel - I like this one because they always have a variety of yogurt and fruit!)

MS: protein shake

L: I may have some leftover chicken shawarma and hummus from last night while on the road home...

AS: I should be home by about 3:00 pm, so I'll have something there if needed. Maybe a L&F yogurt

D: pork chop, veggies

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 145 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views