What's on your Tuesday menu, RNYers?

Writergurl08
on 11/13/18 3:59 am
RNY on 02/15/18

good morning! I didn't see a post so I'll get started. Not much going on today. We had some software issues at work yesterday so I'm hoping they're cleared up now.

qotd: I got nothin today.

breakfast: coffee with almond milk

snack: Greek yogurt with SF cheesecake pudding mixed in

lunch: spinach salad with 3 oz chicken

dinner: 4 oz tilapia, kale from the garden (better harvest before the cold finally kills it)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

supershopper
on 11/13/18 4:26 am

Hi all

QOTD: Is there an article of clothing that you don't wear? I personally don't wear shorts and have not since I was a child. My legs were always super heavy and they rode up so i was too uncomfortable.

weight is up today for no good reason- but im out of 'fresh' water here in the house so have been boiling decaf tea.

food today:

coffee

decaf tea

protein pancakes

hb egg whites

not sure on dinner but need to go work out. It rained really bad for the last 2 days so I have not worked out.

last night I made DH loaded tuna nachos. it sounds gross but it was like a casserole but with tortilla chips. he liked it so that was good.

I had tuna with cooked spinach

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Maddymoe2
on 11/13/18 4:53 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! My sleep schedule is so messed up. I went to bed at 6pm and woke up at 3:40am. I was also up for an hour in the night. I need to figure out something.

The wind is still howling. I feel like winter is here. I dread it.

My surgeon is retiring at the end of the year. I got an email yesterday. It made me really emotional. I am thankful that I get to see her next month before she leaves.

Yesterday I didn't eat my halibut for dinner. I made a ricotta bake so I could have leftovers for work today. It is tasty.

Today is going to be a long day. I am making Thanksgiving dinner for 60 seniors at my work. Today is going to be a day filled with temptations. I am determined to stay strong.

Food plan for today

2 cups black coffee with Miralax

B- 2 eggs, 1/2 c. cottage cheese

L-ricotta bake

S- chomps

D- probably ham, I am going to be late today. I am taking one of my seniors to an appt after work.

Lots of water, hot tea, and vitamins always. Stay strong.

Emiepie
on 11/13/18 6:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Stay strong today. You can do it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 11/13/18 4:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning Cassie and menu pals!

I am realizing that I am a grumpy bear this morning; it's going to be a long day if that doesn't change...maybe an extra dose of coffee will help!

QOTD - I switched to swim capris and rash guards a few years ago because it helps me hide from the sun; I'll never wear swim shorts again! The benefit now is that the "normal" size swim capris are like 40$ less than the plus size!

Accountability - well, apparently, yesterday I tried to eat everything on the planet. I had a protein bar for breakfast about 5 am and it didn't sit well and I was rushing at work so I didn't eat anything else..and then I was at the airport at 5pm and I ate all the things. There was cheese, nuts, slim jims, it was not great. I need to go by the store this morning on my way to work and get some cold cuts...and I am FINALLY done with the last of those awful chewables so I can get the centrums, yay! The day is looking up!

Menu

Coffee with half and half, tea

B - Skyr

L - Roltini & light and fit

D - dinner with a vendor, think I"ll go filet and asparagus

694/62/32 plan for the day

Have a terrific Tuesday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/13/18 5:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Writergurl - I put Jello SF cheesecake pudding mix in my Greek yogurt a lot, too - I especially love it when I put fresh berries on top - SOOOO good!

Weight is down slightly this morning, but still over 150 (my "oh crap" level). 151. More work to do...

otherwise, class this morning, and waiting around for my plastic surgeon's office to return my call this afternoon (waited around all afternoon yesterday, but they never called - boo). Zumba or WERQ class this evening.

the fitness class coordinator at my gym emailed me yesterday to see if I was still interested in pursuing water fitness instructor training. I just don't know. Part of me wants to; part of me is hesitant. I think maybe the timing just isn't right right now. I'd been dealing with my declining cat most of October (the one who died c. 10 days ago) , and I have surgery coming up in another three weeks. And after that, I'll probably be out of commission for 4-6 weeks. I don't want to sound uninterested and unmotivated because I may decide that I want to go ahead with this after all once I get through surgery (and the recovery) - but I'm afraid I AM sounding that way - at least to her - so SHE may not be interested in pursuing this. On the other hand, maybe this going back & forth could be that I'm not 100% committed to this, either. Not sure. At any rate, maybe this just isn't the time to be deciding this. I should try to get back to her sometime today, though - not responding isn't a good option, either. Ugh. What to do....

QOTD: I rarely wear skirts or dresses. I think some of this is a holdover from being SMO. I was (and still am) apple-shaped. My legs/hips/thighs were never much of a problem (and are now really thin). But my gut - ugh (or at least when I was SMO - it isn't so bad *now*). But because of my shape, I looked way heavier in skirts and dresses than I did in pants. I also don't wear sleeves shorter than elbow-length because of the batwings - but they'll be GONE in another month!!!

3 years 5 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade raspberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: cottage cheese

AS: baby carrots with hummus

D: diced chicken and tomatoes with 2 T hummus on a Flat Out wrap

ex. Zumba or WERQ

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 11/13/18 5:41 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Yes! I sometimes add a spoonful of SF strawberry jam if I don't have any fresh berries

catwoman7
on 11/13/18 6:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I need to switch over to that - I have tons of jars of jams and preserves that I've bought over the last couple of years "for winter". Thing is, I often still buy berries in the winter! (although admittedly they're not nearly as good when they're out of season). I have this "thing" about buying berries - I'm always buying berries. I can't resist - sort of like some people and cookies! Yesterday my store had fresh raspberries on sale for 99 cents (for a 6 oz box). Holy cats! I bought four boxes - and made a sauce out of them (since raspberries only last a few days tops when they're fresh). Anyway, I need to start resisting - at least sometimes - so I can plow through these jars of preserves that I've stocked up on!

Writergurl08
on 11/13/18 6:58 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I do the same thing with berries! I make a SF refrigerator jam by cooking them down, adding your sweetener of choice (i just use Splenda) and I add chia seeds. The chia seeds gel up and give it a more jam/jelly consistency

catwoman7
on 11/13/18 2:38 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I do the exact same thing - only I never thought to add chia seeds. I'll add them next time!

Most Active
Recent Topics