What/s on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

cc583
on 1/17/19 2:08 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Congrats on the 100lbs lost!!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

karenp8
on 1/17/19 5:30 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! It's a gloomy day here in Illinois and we expect more snow tomorrow night. After the 10 plus inches already, I am over winter. Lily and I did our mile walk already this morning and will do our long walk after lunch. It's just now getting light enough to see to walk in the slushy mess and I have to get dear hubby up in 20 minutes to go to food pantry with me. QOTD any sugary cereal was fair game. I'd also like to try an aerial class this year. Accountability was good yesterday and weight was 124.4 today. Heres today's food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L2 slices deli turkey 3 baby carrots D 4 oz ground beef with cheese and salsa(the fam is having hamburger helper). Goal is to have at least 100 ounces liquids just barely made it yesterday. Have a great day full of smart choices friends!

Ginnny
on 1/17/19 8:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Karen, is your 1/2 steel cut oats, before or after cooking?

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

karenp8
on 1/17/19 4:24 pm - Brighton, IL

After cooking.

Greateight
on 1/17/19 6:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody. Karen is so rugged trudging through the snow in her 4 mile walks! I am shivering on my way from my house to my car. And I have do ten minutes in the hot tub before I can work up to getting in the pool and swimming.

Are any of you tennis players? I am a tennis widower. When I go to sleep at night DW is watching the Australian Open and when I get up in the morning she is watching the Australian Open. She swears that she sleeps some in between. I'm not that interested in tennis. Maybe I can watch one match, but only the shorter women's matches. The men's matches are endless.

I opened my car door into my face last night. I didn't even know I was eligible to perform such a feat. Somehow I managed to stand off to the side in a way that the door opened without hitting my body but the very top corner of the door hit my chin and opened up cut.

Blue light treatment today, I hope that goes OK.

QOTD1: I haven't been a big cereal eater since college, then it was Captain Crunch. Dunkin Donuts bagels with cream cheese and extra large coffees with cream did plenty of damage though.

QOTD2: I am trying to learn to fly fish. I have caught fish in Utah on fly with a guide, but one of my goals this year is to improve my casting to the point where I can catch fish in the local ponds and rivers without a guide.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: MahiMahi burger

Snack: Light and fit

Diner: TBD

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 1/17/19 6:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck with your blue treatment.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 1/17/19 2:14 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Thanks, Kelly. I am home now. So far my face is kind of pink but doesn't look too bad but she said sometimes it gets better before it gets worse. As long as I wear sunscreen I can go to the gym this afternoon but I can't swimmer a week. I think that I will try to row and see how my knees do.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 1/17/19 6:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Thursday!! Hope you are feeling better today.

long day today starring with a 6 am meeting and then dinner with the rest of the team that flew in. I thought I had taken control and booked us dinner at a place where I could find lots of options (the mozzarella bar!) but someone who ISN'T EVEN HERE proposed a progressive dinner in boulder which just feels like a pain in the butt and a long night. I'm thinking of the politics of passing on it.

QOTD - 1) my favorite breakfast "cereal" was steel cut oatmealor cinnamon life. I will add oatmeal back at some point but Life is gone for good!! 2) my first thing to accomplish this year is to move from Arizona to Colorado. Once that's done, I'll feel accomplished. I have also given myself a goal to try something new every week. So far I'm 3 for 3!

menu today is a bit up on the air as a result of the dinner discussion but I am well planned for breakfast and lunch!

coffee and tea all day

b - roughly two oz of cheese and a light and fit

l - p3 protein pack

s - light and fit

d - giant question mark

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

bethmal
on 1/17/19 10:35 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Bummer about dinner, hope it works out in your favor.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Partlypollyanna
on 1/17/19 6:43 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

It did!! Apparently no one was excited about a progressive dinner on a Thursday night, lol. Mozzarella bar was delish, had a small salad and some Burrata mozzarella and enjoyed it all.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen