What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/10/19 3:44 am, edited 7/10/19 3:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday was awesome. I had a really nice time at the ballgame, the beach, and the drive in. What a perfect summer day :) Another great one planned for today! I am heading up to Rockport MA, one of my favorite little New England beach towns. I planned for fish tacos for dinner, because I am 99% sure we will end up at a fish place for dinner, but who knows, for sure??

I am still trying to decide between job offers. They are so different--one is kind of adventurous & unknown, and the other is pretty stable and maybe a little boring. There are serious pros and cons to both. So much pressure to decide since they will take my life in wildly different directions. I hate these crossroads, but feel very lucky to have the choice...

QOTD: What was your favorite childhood toy? We watched Toy Story 4 last night and it made me nostalgic for my favorite doll. You could pull a string on her back and her ponytail grew or retracted. She was pretty creepy and my family joked about her being the female Chucky for a long time. When my parents had a house fire everyone jokingly blamed Chrissy, lol. But I loved her!

Accountability: Meh. I ate what I planned, and did my exercise, but I ate a few French fries at the game, and a handful of m&ms and popcorn at the drive in. Not a total disaster but not on plan, either? Better today!

Exercise: I am going to the gym this morning! It's been awhile since I stepped foot inside, so I will explore and probably do some spinning.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 7/10/19 4:00 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning JB and menu peeps! Supposed to be hotter with possible rains here in Illinois so in a few minutes Lily and I will head out for our first walk and will do 2 more later today if possible. QOTD my hairless Barbie--actually she had 8 different wigs.. I always loved changing the length,style and color of her hair. It kept me busy for many hours. Accountability was mediocre yesterday-'steps were good but there were too pecan sandies eaten that were not needed. I'll do better today choice wise. Here's the food plan B2/3c earnest eats hot cereal L tuna packet with 1 t may and relish D good protein when we go out maybe fish or an omelet. Have a great day full of smart and conscious choices everyone!

Queen JB
on 7/10/19 5:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha! I have never heard of a bald Barbie. That sounds amazing. I want to see her wig collection!

catwoman7
on 7/10/19 4:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm having coffee with a friend later on this morning. Then, around noon-ish, that guy from Turkey who stayed with us for a few weeks back during the winter is catching the bus to O'Hare to fly back to Turkey - six months earlier than planned. He was never really happy here. I think he just doesn't deal with change very well, and he was pretty homesick. I'm still a bit miffed that he pretty much dumped us after he started meeting other Turkish graduate students, esp given all we did for him, but I'm feeling like maybe I should go to the bus stop to say good-bye. I don't know. We'll see what I'm feeling like later on this morning. He did mention when I last saw him about three weeks ago (after over a month of no communication at all) that he was leaving and hoped I would come to see him off, so maybe I should (I should add that we were very happy when he started meeting other people from Turkey - and people his age to boot - as that was the plan - but we were NOT expecting him to leave us in the dust like that, pretty much cutting us completely off - sheesh!)

anyway, nothing else formal planned, but I have a lot of little stuff I need to get done today. And hopefully exercise, too!

accountability has been good the last couple of days. Just waiting for my weight to float back down again....(it's happening - but slowly...)

QOTD: We loved our Hoppity Hops. And my Spirograph - I remember playing with that for hours! I also loved Creepy Crawlers - and Easy Bake Ovens. My friends all seemed to have those, but not us, for some reason. Maybe my parents were afraid of safety issues? Not sure. I was envious!

4 years 1 month out:

B: blueberry protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain yogurt and blueberry/rhubarb sauce (no added sugar), coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: turkey taco meat with lettuce, plain Greek yogurt, tomatoes, and salsa

AS: light yogurt or raw veggies dipped in ranch Greek yogurt

D: sushi

ex: I don't think there were any yoga classes of interest today - so something at the gym - even if it's just the stationary bike!

have a great day, everyone!

bethmal
on 7/10/19 5:12 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Sorry to read about your Turkish friend. You put so much time and effort into making him comfortable and making him feel welcome. You have a good heart and there are not many people who would do what you did!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Greateight
on 7/10/19 4:20 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Can't imagine that your handful is that big, though.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 7/10/19 5:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I didn't say whose hand, did I?

supershopper
on 7/10/19 4:44 am

hi all

so next two days are remote after today so yippie and I get to GO HOME!! or at least my 'old home' - its all very confusing. my eating went a little off the rails last night, there were a couple cake bite packages involved. I think anxiety driven and maybe boredom from being apart from hubs. and I don't have a gym up here yet so its really hot to walk in 96 degree heat during work lunch then go back all sweaty and gross. been a bit discombobulated.

food for today:

coffee

water (more than yesterday, I found a tervis at the store last night for $4! so I will be using that)

coffee

lunch is roasted wings

more water

breakfast is my egg veggie bake

not sure what else as I'm driving back today after work

QOTD: hmmm I would say my barbies? I had a huge collection but I wasn't tied to one in particular. I used to go to the flea market on Saturday/sunday with my mema and sometimes we would get a table. I would buy and sell them most of the day. I was good at selling things :)

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

bethmal
on 7/10/19 5:13 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Enjoy your time at home!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Emiepie
on 7/10/19 3:50 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you are enjoying the time at home.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views