What's on your Thursday Menu?

Melody P.
on 6/4/20 5:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends.

what a day yesterday ended up being. I found out that I have a surgery scheduled for July 21st. If it's approved again. It's not going to be at the hospital but their little surgical suite. It's where I got my injection. I am a little or a lot, uneasy about it not being in the hospital. I have to trust fate here...somehow this must be what's supposed to happen?. My back is likely to always have issues as this is just addressing the stenosis. Sigh.

I had a hard time with that and with other things going on in my life. I finally had a good big ugly cry about it. It was cathartic.

qotd: my nieces and nephew are coming over today

we got rain overnight!

i have a date for possible relief of some of the pain.

b:oatmeal

l:oatmeal

d:??? Might cook some carrots and a turkey hamburger patty

s: I found some dairy free yogurt I'll be trying today.

Melody P.
on 6/4/20 8:23 am - Amarillo, TX

PS. It's supposed to hit 100 degrees today.

YUCK!

Emiepie
on 6/4/20 10:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you can find comfort with your surgeon and location. Tough spot to be in.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 6/4/20 5:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's a beautiful morning here in the Upper Midwest, but it's supposed to get up to 88 degrees again today, so I'd better try to get out early. Mah Jong at 10:00 though, unfortunately - I wish we were still doing it in the afternoons, but these guys have decided that they prefer playing in the mornings. Maybe I can get motivated enough to take a quick walk or bike ride before we start. I also need to get over to the gym sometime today to do weights - but I can do that at any time.

I blew it last night with take-out Chinese food. I didn't eat like a pig, but I ate more than I should have - and then I came home and made protein pudding - and ate it - because I wanted something sweet. So I ended the day with just over 2000 calories. Crap. I DID take a 90-minute bike ride yesterday morning, though, so I likely burned up quite a bit of the excess, but still, not happy - and I don't like to consider "exercise calories", since it's too tempting to do that to excuse bad eating behaviors. Of course, my weight is back down this morning, after being UP yesterday (my official weekly and monthly weigh-in days) after a long streak of perfect days. Razzum frazzum.

QOTD: I'm LOVING bike riding. But I think I need to just do it maybe three or four days a week - alternating with something else - because doing this every day might burn me out at some point. I've also realized how calming being out in nature is - being near the lakes, being in parks, being in the arboretum - both on foot and on my bike. So the good is - we have a lot of that around here, and I'm taking advantage of it. Also, I feel like I'm back in control of my eating/weight again and am (S-L-O-W-L-Y) losing. Hmmmm....not sure what else. There are so many awful things going on in the world right now that I've been feeling like a stress case a lot lately - so I'm glad you asked this question, even though I can't think of a ton of good things - but at least there are some!!

TSS: 5y

B: yogurt pie (cheesecake) with 2 T light Cool Whip and blueberry/blackberry compote, coffee with half & half

S1: Fit Frappe

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers with yogurt dip

S2: L&F with raspberries - or protein pudding. Maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: either leftover Chinese food or a chicken chipotle taco

have a great day, everyone!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/4/20 8:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hear you on weight fluctuations- yesterday was a new low for me since losing regain but today was my official weigh-in day so of course I was back up 1.6. It must be partially mental!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 6/4/20 11:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Our bodies constantly have us on our toes with the weight fluctuations.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 6/4/20 6:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! Funny, I tried on my swimsuit last weekend when I cleaning out my dresser a little. Happy to report that they fit. I've got back to back calls this morning so hopefully the day goes quick. I have no hacks since I typically stay at my desk so I can use my multiple monitors. I got a call yesterday afternoon that they moved my infusion until next Saturday (staffing issues I guess).

Accountability: What's that?!?! Last night too many snacks.

QOTD: I've been able to adjust my schedule and I'm grateful that both John and I have been able to work from home and that Emily got straight A's including her AP class.

TSS: 5 years 9 months

B: SF latte, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chaffle and carbmaster yogurt

D: BBQ turkey burger on cloud bun, green beans, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: low carb pita with SF jelly and cream cheese, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6 mile treadmill run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1521 Protein:124 Carbs:123 Fat:65

Have a great one!

Teenie
on 6/4/20 7:28 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

WTG Emily! Make your Momma Proud.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 6/4/20 7:35 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Yippee for straight As, especially with AP European History one. It will help later on with the cumulative gpa. Although who knows what college requirements will be when Em is ready to go. I hear most CA colleges are thinking of gradually phasing out SAT or ACT scores.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 6/4/20 4:32 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

I have heard that the colleges really need students and that admissions will be more relaxed at most schools.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views