What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/4/20 2:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha, anyone tried on their swimsuits, yet? I haven't bothered because I have no where to go... Today is going to be hot and humid in the high 80s so I wi**** was a beach day, though! I did move ahead with scheduling out most weeks to be 4 day weeks for the summer so that I can head down to the Cape and Martha's Vineyard a lot to enjoy the time, but not starting til next week. I told all of my principals I was off already, though, so maybe it will be a quiet Friday :)

I am enjoying my new patio furniture! My only concern is how to see my computer screen when the sun shines bright. I have a big cantilever umbrella coming in a few weeks and I hope that helps a lot> Meanwhile, I have tried a few other "hacks" --from draping a towel to putting my computer in a box to create a visor, but nothing had worked. Has anyone figured out a more successful way to use the computer outside? I might just end up buying a tent or something after all, but I prefer not to, if I can figure out a way to shade the screen.

QOTD: Tell us something GOOD that is happening in your world right now!

• As I mentioned, I am looking forward to my summer of three day weekends!
  • Today marks my 75th straight day of Spanish Lessons and I am in no way fluent, but I am really starting to "get it" and feel confident. I am mostly just proud that I am keeping up with the SIP commitment I made.
  • I made cute handmade gifts for my staff and I am going to send them to everyone this weekend :)
  • I had to take a few days off from the treadmill to heal, but I am back today! Taking it easy with a nice virtual walk in Luxembourg (via iFit) to start the morning.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/4/20 3:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Brilliant move on the 3 day weekends over the summer!! I did not do that but I have kept any long weekends I had planned, even if the events have cancelled. It seems silly to take time off when I'm just at home but the 4 day over Memorial Day weekend turned me into a believer. The brain does need off time, no matter what.

Have you tried one of those privacy screens HR people put over their laptops? I think it would cut glare too but not sure.

Today is a busy day at work, and Then I have a Pilates class at 4, plus a 30 minute elliptical session this morning (I'm trekking New Zealand right now). Yesterday, IFit did NOT save my work out!! Why even work out, if you don't get credit, lol? I also took out my bike for its first ride. It was awesome!

Menu today is

b - cin raisin carbmaster cottage cheese, .5 oz pistachios

l - 4 oz smoked turkey breast, 1 slice cheddar

s - quark

d - burger with slice cheese and pickle spear

have a fantastic jr Friday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 6/4/20 3:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes I already had a privacy screen on it--no help at all, when I compare to my other laptop with no screen.

That happened to me with iFit one day after a long run day in Portugal. Noooooo--I'm gonna run 2+ miles--you're gonna give me credit, dammit!

Emiepie
on 6/4/20 10:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hate when my Strava doesn't save my run! I too, feel cheated.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Erin T.
on 6/4/20 3:33 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! Yesterday was our first official 90 degree day for the summer. Today we are signed up to go to our pool. We have a truly huge and truly gorgeous pool as part of our HOA and the kids love it. Normally though I just can't deal with how many people are there. Given COVID they have cut the total people way, way down and set all the pool furniture 6' apart. You have to make a reservation for a 2-hour time block and they sanitize everything in between those times. I'm putting on a bathing (yes it fits!) and sitting with my book while they swim.

QOTD:

• My kids are done remote schooling after this week.
  • My 8th grader was awarded a Pride award for "exemplary discipline" related to her attention to her assignments during COVID schooling.
  • I finally have an appointment with the good surgeon for my hip on 6/11
  • My sister, niece, and nephew will be coming to see us at the end of the month

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Eggs, Sausage, Sweet Potato
  • Tilapia w/ Au Gratin Potatoes & Broccoli (I ended up getting a bunless burger at Five Guys last night)

I've figured out that I'm not really wanting lunch lately. I don't care to eat anything until 10am or so, so I've just been pushing that 10am breakfast to an early-ish lunch and having a small afternoon snack and then dinner and a snack before bed.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Queen JB
on 6/4/20 3:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

The pool situation sounds lovely! I was wondering if HOA pools would be allowed to open... I still have my old condo rented that has a pool and it was never really too crowded, but with no one traveling, I can imagine that it would be a lot more crowded this year if they don't make reservations, etc.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/4/20 5:40 am, edited 6/3/20 10:41 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

They opened our Florida HOA pool a couple of weeks ago - limited the number of people and people have to bring their own chairs (the common furniture is stowed away right now). They have been able to reinstitute water aerobics six days a week with limited numbers (sign up on the day, first come first in). Everyone who is there year round is thrilled.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Erin T.
on 6/4/20 10:01 am
VSG on 01/17/17

We have two pools in the same complex area. An "activity" pool that has some water features for kids and two large slides and then a lap pool that also has a general swim area. NC says you can have 33 people per 1,000 sq/ft of space. I thought that sounded like a lot but it cut the number way down. Right now we're allowed to sign up for one 2-hour block of time per week and we can walk up other times to see if there are open spots we can take. All the pool furniture can't be moved and they have 30 minute breaks between each 2-hour blocked and they wash down the chairs/tables with a diluted bleach solution. We're also not allowed to bring guests this year and are unable to have anything in the water that isn't a personal flotation device or goggles. You can also swim laps from 6am-9am with no lifeguard if you're over the age of 18. Given my issues with my hip I may start going for early morning swims.

We just got back from swimming and I felt 100% safe. We were never within 10' of another person and there were plenty of chairs in the shade (which never happens).

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Emiepie
on 6/4/20 10:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you enjoy the pool time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 6/4/20 4:02 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Quick post before I have to wake hubby. Miss Lily and I already have our morning walk in. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120. We got a good walk in on an overgrown trail by the river and ig was beautiful but now I think I have poison ivy. The path down and up was so steep that I was quite proud of 11 year old Lily and 60 year old me! Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c cauliflower parmesan soup D 4 oz of whatever hubby cooks. Stay safe everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views