What's on your Monday Menu?

Teena D.
on 6/29/20 7:21 am, edited 6/29/20 12:23 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning.

I know what you mean about being under your points and still not really eating right. I have been tracking in MFP which doesn?t make sense really since I?m paying for Weigh****chers. But I really wanted to get a handle on my carbs.

I was happy to see another loss on the scale this morning. Down to 188 from my high of 197. I still have a way to go and I know the big drops are going to slow down but it?s great to see.

QOTD- Both my post secondary kids will be doing their courses online this fall. I?m glad neither of them graduated this past year I feel so bad for all the grads. But it seems like the schools, families and communities have done a lot to help them celebrate. I didn?t go to college but if I was graduating today I definitely would- online or not. My daughter is waiting to hear how her labs are going to be done. She?s taking medical science and her school said labs may be in class. That?s tough for the kids like her that don?t live down there.

Menu today- I?m going to try the rice cracker French toast 1 more time with real eggs instead of egg whites. I?m on vacation and stayed up binge watching S.W.A.T. And F.B.I. so I slept in until 9:30 this morning.

Lunch will probably be tuna salad

Dinner - grilled chicken breast with some veggies.

A rice cake or rice crackers at some point for a snack.

my exercise will be walking my dog. Canada Day is Wednesday and right after we started out last night people started setting off fireworks. I felt bad for him because he was terrified. He's a rescue and not conditioned to fireworks or loud noises at all.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Sheila_H
on 6/29/20 7:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I do MFP + WW too, because I wanna keep track of carbs.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/29/20 9:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am just too lazy to do both. But I also found that using MFP steered me away from fruit. I have such a very significant sweet tooth. I really have done better incorporating fruits while doing WW because they have kept me from feeling that I was on a "diet".

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teena D.
on 6/29/20 1:57 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I don't think I would do both long term either. I should just try and enter a few days in both to see how it compares. Fruit can derail me pretty quickly - especially bananas. I love them but they're so high in carbs. I've been eating a lot of strawberries- they're in season right now and they're so delicious.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/29/20 2:17 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have one banana a day (in my pancake), and strawberries or blueberries on other things. All to fulfill my sweets need which keeps me from overdoing on bad carbs.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Erin T.
on 6/29/20 9:00 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning (nearly afternoon)! My sister, niece (8), and nephew (3) arrived on Saturday evening. Woo boy am I not used to having little, very busy children around again. So much drama. So much noise. Help.

We do not have anything of consequence planned for her visit, because COVID cases are skyrocketing here. Last night we got Su****ake-out. Today we're going to drive the kids to Sonic for them to get ice cream. I think we'll go blueberry picking on Wednesday. I bought Walmart supply of bubbles, squirt guns, and match box cars, I think.

QOTD: Well, as a current online only student I'd say yes. But, I think as a high school student I would have been really disappointed. The thoughts within higher education were that a lot of students would take a gap year, but I work at a top university and we have a record first year enrollment number. We are going back in person (or so they say now), but things will still be very different than most first year experiences. No social events, no group gatherings, bars closed, etc.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Egg, Sausage, Sweet Potato, Strawberries
  • Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes - might make a lower carb veggie

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Dee_Caprini
on 6/29/20 10:15 am

I received some bad news yesterday and I just don't feel like eating. I forced myself to drink a protein shake this morning and now I feel "blah"... I am really trying to keep it together and trying to explain everything to my kids is hard. I am trying to be as engaged as possible.

so, I am going to keep at the shakes until I feel like eating

I don't know how I would feel about having to do my first year of college at home... I find it difficult to focus!

Emiepie
on 6/29/20 11:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Please take care of yourself. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dee_Caprini
on 6/29/20 4:43 pm

Thank you very much, I appreciate the good thoughts =)

momyshaver
on 6/30/20 4:49 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I am sorry for whatever news has you reeling right now. I am thankful you can at least get some nourishment in...I know it is so hard when thing feel like they are falling apart but you have to keep it together for others, especially your children. Hang in there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views