What's on your Tuesday Menu?

momyshaver
on 6/30/20 5:06 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Good Morning Everyone. Love the meme. I miss seeing his cute face on various memes on my Facebook feed vs what I am seeing these days.

QOTD - to my left is my cup of coffee and to my right... kids. Lots of children eating yummy smelling cinnamon rolls happily. The calm before the storm of the day, lol.

It has been not quite a week and a half since I reached out to my bariatric team and started a new medication and really resolved to do my best to be on track. The good news is that I have had minimal side effects with the medication and I have not had a single drop to drink, (what I was using to help me get through the pain and discomfort associated with eating and between meals, etc.). On the other hand, adjusting to the pain and discomfort in my jaw has been extremely difficult. I have barely had anything to eat but I am taking my vitamins and getting my fluids in. My weight has dropped quite a bit - which some can be explained by stopping the late night - all night grazing and eating slider foods but I have to find a way to get over the oral aversion to chewing, (because it puts additional pressure on my teeth, and sometime food gets in the teeth so it is hard to chew the way we are taught to, etc.) My last weigh in before I started I had reached a very swollen 171. This morning it was 148. I have no idea how that is possible but I do have an email out to my bariatric dietician because frankly, this sucks and is very hard mentally to deal with when I want to eat but I know that if I do I will regret it.

Emiepie
on 6/30/20 7:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 6/30/20 7:38 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hoping you find the answers you are looking for. Keeping you on my prayer list.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 6/30/20 9:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hang in there!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

momyshaver
on 7/1/20 4:24 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Thank you Everyone. I appreciate the encouragement I find here and knowing that the people here have walked the walk and aren't just in the honeymoon phase of "I love my surgery. Life is great!" Real talk.

Christina135
on 6/30/20 5:15 am

Good morning, and Happy Taco Tuesday!

QOTD - well, this is interesting. To my right, is a giant Liberty safe. To my left, a Tiffany style stained glass lamp.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee, hot green tea and topo chico it is

Lunch - I have crispy fried tofu that I need to eat, so probably making a panang curry, with rice and veggies

Snack - fruit smoothie - I have pineapple, kale, that need to be used up so will be basing it around those two items

Dinner - up in the air.

I hope y'all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 6/30/20 5:45 am - Amarillo, TX

Hello for Tuesday.

today looks to be long. Little sleep and lots of discomfort. Yay? Lol. We have the kids today then we have a week off. I see my bariatric surgeon Thursday and I'm really really hoping for a plan of action to come of it. I know it won't be immediate but a plan would be great!

Qotd: my headphone on the table next to my right hand an another table to the left with various amounts of junk(I need to clean) and a Tiffany style light that was my grandma's.

b:cereal with protein, almond milk

l:???

d:???

momyshaver
on 7/1/20 4:25 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I hope your appointment goes well Thursday. What sort of plan of action are you hoping for? Are they available between appointments for support? (like a nutritionist, etc.)

Melody P.
on 7/1/20 5:14 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm hoping he'll want to do an egd and get to the bottom of why I'm still having tons of heartburn. My whole digestive issues has me concerned. 40mg of omeprazole doesn't seem to be helping much.

I can email my psychologist any time and she works closely with my bariatric surgeon's office and him. Other than that not a lot unfortunately in after hours help.

thanks

momyshaver
on 7/1/20 5:34 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I hope you can get some testing done to see what is going on in there. I worry that the uptick in covid is going to end up with more medical restrictions in place and I see so many people trying to get in to various providers right now either as catch up or preventative. I am sorry that you are still having heartburn despite the omeprazole. There are stronger medications so maybe at least you can get a trial of one to see if that helps. I hope that you come back with positive news after the appointment. I know its hard.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 310 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 310 views