What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/16/20 2:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! It's my Friday again! Whoo! I think that I am going to stop taking Fridays off after tomorrow, though. I really like the three day weekends, but at the same time, I am watching my vacation time slip away and I have nothing to show for it. Plus it definitely makes the other four days longer... But when I start back up on Fridays, I am not going to tell the principals, haha. And I won't schedule any virtual training sessions with new staff--I am keeping the day for quiet work time :)

Today's weather is gorgeous! Finally 2 days in row with crisp air, no humidity, and full sun! We deserve it. I wish I could steal off to a beach today, but my backyard oasis will have to do.

Yesterday's food choices were better. And my first walk in Jordan via iFit on the treadmill was good. It was slow, so I set my own faster pace and had a good workout out of it. Hoping my knee lets me run again, soon! I am dying to start the Boston Marathon (broken into 5 parts). But sticking to my brisk walks until it's all the way healed, for now.

QOTD: What are your your strongest and weakest of the 5 senses? I have a really strong sense of smell but my hearing seems to be going a little more rapidly than I wish, since I am only 45! And I got glasses for the first time last year, so I guess that's going rapidly downhill, too!

My herb garden is looking incredible, so I am going to chop up some fresh Basil and Tarragon and mix with cheese, tomatoes & eggs to make a nice fresh omelette this morning! I can't believe this pandemic has actually turned me into a gardener!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Librarian67
on 7/16/20 4:16 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning folks, another early morning in, 4:30 today. DW & the cats were restless and I finally just got up and started work. Problem is that I have to be online for a presentation until 3:30, so it's going to be a LONG day....

Food today:

already had 2 cups of black Earl Grey tea w/ Miralax (still not doing all it should!)

Lactaid cottage cheese w/ cantaloupe, blackberries & slivered almonds

Tea latte w/ protein powder

Boar's Head curry chicken

TJ's chicken sausages, grape tomatoes

Blueberries

Have a great and healthy day everyone!

Janet

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

MadisonRose
on 7/16/20 4:18 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was just awful. Had so many system issues with work and everything that could go wrong went wrong. Lots of my coworkers and myself were very frustrated. Then to make matters worse, right after lunch yesterday my stomach starts hurting so bad. At first I thought it was my gallbladder, but when I looked online it said pain from your gallbladder normally occurs in your right upper abdomen and center upper abdomen. Mine was hurting in my left upper abdomen. So who knows? All I know is that it was all I could do to make it through the work day and as soon as work was over I curled up on the couch, gritted my teeth and prayed the pain away. Didn't have much of an appetite, but forced myself to eat a little dinner and then I took two Tylenol and went to bed early. I must have eventually fell asleep because I had a bunch of crazy dreams and this morning I feel somewhat better. Stomach is still a little painful, but nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday.

Accountability was good yesterday. Mostly because I lost my appetite after lunch and ate very little the rest of the day. Not sure what my stomach will be able to handle today. Hopefully whatever I eat doesn't set it off again.

QOTD: I'd say my strongest sense is my hearing. My hearing has always been really good. My dad used to tease me when I was younger saying I could hear a feather drop. It isn't as good as it used to be, but it's still the best out of all my senses I'd say. My worst is my sight. I am nearsighted and have had to wear glasses since I was in the 4th grade. My sight has just deteriorated over the years and I'm completely blind without my glasses.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2

L: 2 oz chicken breast and a hard boiled egg

D: Leftover crockpot creamy salsa chicken (it made so much....I knew I'd be eating on it for days!)

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Emiepie
on 7/16/20 6:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hate when I can't determine where the pain is coming from (TMI, but some of mine has been chalked up to gas....). I hope you feel better today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MadisonRose
on 7/16/20 10:02 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thank you!

Teenie
on 7/16/20 7:26 am, edited 7/16/20 12:26 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sorry to hear your stomach is so off. Could it be related to your BM situation? We all have constipation issues if we don't stay on top of it. If your not doing a daily dose or at least every other day of Miralax you may consider adding it in. It changed my life I will never go without it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

MadisonRose
on 7/16/20 10:08 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks for the tip! If it had been a few weeks ago I'd say it was due to constipation as some times I'll go for a few days without a BM so I have been thinking about maybe adding something like Miralax to my routine. Lately I have been pretty regular though so not sure what's causing this pain.

Melody P.
on 7/16/20 12:57 pm - Amarillo, TX

So sorry your stomach is upset! Have you been eating anything new lately? Just wondering if something New could be bothering you.

MadisonRose
on 7/16/20 3:37 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks! Not really anything new. But I did make a big crockpot full of salsa chicken that's kind of spicy that I have been eating on all week. So maybe that could be it? My stomach doesn't hurt as bad today, but the pain is still there. More like a dull ache right now. I've had this pain in the past. It seems to come and go. My bariatric surgeons office seems to think it's my gallbladder the last time I mentioned it to them and said to just keep an eye on it. However, this time the pain is on the opposite side....so who knows?

supershopper
on 7/16/20 4:34 am

hi all- did pretty well yesterday food wise. Yesterday morning I decided to do laundry and put the liquid detergent on the dryer... bad mistake It was allll over the floor. so the floor is probably a little sticky still and this does not help the laminate stick on floor and the flooring is starting to come up... grrr

QOTD: hearing for sure. When I was in college we had a class called ear training. the prof would sit down and play something on the piano and you had to dictate it down. come to find out there are certain tones I don't hear well. I'm not sure what an impact this is but my DH says I can't hear at all lol. I actually think I have a bit of adhd where I can't hear when other sounds are in the background. This is more likely the issue. Sense of smell is very strong.

food plan today:

b: egg/egg white, spinach

b2: shake?

l: chicken breast/veggies

d: same

s: probably a yogurt pie or something like that.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 465 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views