What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/19/20 1:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

OMG, I could really use a day of the second type of self care right now! It's funny but I used to listen to at least 10 different murder podcasts a week during my commute (to destress, lol) but without my commute, I don't really listen to them anymore. But Monday, when I was chauffeuring mom around, I listened to a few and it made me so happy! I think today is going to be a really quiet day and I might take a few hours off mid-day (to make up for the millions of extra hours I have been working lately), and lay in the hammock with a good murder podcast! Bonus points to Grim if he orders me some tacos from my favorite Mexican place and delivers them to me the hammock :)

QOTD: Speaking of self care, what is the last new thing you bought for yourself? I really miss shopping! So, Saturday I finally broke down and walked around Target for an hour. I didn't get anything too terribly exciting, but I got a few little things like earrings, shorts & ts, new pjs, and makeup. I spent way more than I needed to, because I needed exactly nothing that I purchased, but it felt nice to get some new little things for myself.

Accountability: shut up.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/19/20 3:21 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Quick post before Miss Lily and I head out for our walk. We'll do two more later too! Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4. Two more work days here and then Saturday we head north to Pine Village Indiana and Pine Creek Camp. Friday we'll spend the day stocking up and getting ready for the drive Saturday. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz ham salad D 4 oz pulled pork. The camp director is providing supper. QOTD you're going to laugh but a Dewalt leafblower. I use it all the time on our work trips. What can I say? I want to buy their cordless weed eater too. I can never get the gas powered ones started. Have a good day and stay safe everyone !

White Dove
on 8/19/20 4:56 am - Warren, OH

I just bought a Stiel weedeater. It is battery operated and so light and easy to use. I was irritated that my ten year old weedeater stopped working, but this one is a big improvement. I could never start the gas operated ones. I remember sitting on the deck and crying one day because I was so frustrated with trying to start one and it was brand new.

I went and bought a battery operated one that day. I had been happy with it for ten years and am sad to see it go. But the new one is lighter and the battery is built in, so don't have to take it out and charge it separately. It weighs about five pounds and cost $129.00. I remember paying $189.00 ten years ago.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 8/19/20 9:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Funny story--when Grim does a lot of woodworking upstairs and creates a lot of wood shavings, he will use a leaf blower to blow them down the stairs and straight out of the front door. #myguy

karenp8
on 8/19/20 9:56 am - Brighton, IL

That's something my hubby would do too!

MadisonRose
on 8/19/20 4:16 am, edited 8/18/20 9:17 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Thank goodness it?s Wednesday! It?s been a super busy week so far with work so it?s been going by rather quickly. Just not quickly enough or it would be Friday already! Lol Accountability was decent yesterday. Still not perfect, but I shall try again today.

QOTD: I actually just ordered a pair of super cute shoes on Saturday that is supposed to arrive today. A friend told me about them and how comfy they are and I?m always on the hunt for comfy shoes! I was going to order some about a month ago, but they were sold out of my size in the style and color I wanted. They still don?t have my size in that style and color, but they did get a brand new style in that is just as cute so I snatched up my size before they sold out! I?m excited to get them today and try on! I can?t remember the last time I bought a new pair of shoes. I definitely don?t need them at all as I have a closet full of shoes I?ve collected over the years, but figured I?d treat myself since I haven?t in awhile.

Also I must really have these shoes on my mind as I had a dream last night that I was going somewhere nice and was all dressed up, but couldn't find a matching pair of shoes! Like I had one shoe, but couldn't find another that matched and I was getting so frantic so my mom is like don't worry I'll go to Walmart and get you a pair. She comes back with these bright red high top sneakers to go with my evening gown!! I'm like mom are you crazy?? I was desperate though and ended up wearing those damn shoes! Haha

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: oatmeal and a banana

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: chicken sausage and green beans

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 8/19/20 5:00 am - Warren, OH

That dream is funny but so true. I was at a wedding a few years ago. My shoes were so uncomfortable that I stopped at a shoe store after the ceremony and bought a comfortable pair of shoes that looked good with the dress. I wore the new ones to the reception.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/19/20 5:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Great dream!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 8/19/20 9:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hope we get to see a pic of the shoes on Friday!

catwoman7
on 8/19/20 4:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Feeling really bloated this morning AGAIN. I think I'm a bit backed up, though. Hopefully this will resolve on its own today - but if not, I know what to do! I'm meeting a friend at 7:00 to bike out to one of the 'burbs for coffee. Part of me just wants to sleep this morning, but it'll be good to do this, plus the weather is beautiful again! I have my online Mah Jongg game at 10:00 and an early take-out dinner (Chinese food) at a park for a socially-distanced birthday party (no cake - we're all on diets - so I'm supposed to pick up a cupcake en route for the b-day person)

I had to laugh when I saw the thing about murder podcasts, JB. My mother-in-law and I were talking about this the other night. We both like reading things - and watching documentaries about - murder mysteries. And I remember asking my ex-SIL once what she liked reading for pleasure. She has a PhD in physics and teaches physics and astronomy at one of the state universities in Minnesota. Her answer? She loves reading about serial killers. Evidently it's a common fascination...

QOTD: it's really rare for me to splurge on anything for myself - I just got on my bank Web site to jar my memory and looked back to early July. Nuttin. Although I did buy some root beer-flavored protein from Unjury (it's seasonal and they're now out - boo!) and some more flavors of Fit Frappe even though I have enough protein powder here for an army of bariatric patients, so I guess that could be considered a splurge. Oh - and some protein bars from Unjury, too, so I could get the free shipping.

TSS: 5y2m

B: yogurt pie with 2 T light Cool Whip, coffee with half & half

MS: probably an iced latte at the coffee shop - with 2% milk and SF syrup. And a protein shake once I get home.

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers - and maybe a small salad with light dressing

AS: I should probably have a bowl of high fiber cereal - both to get things moving AND to fill me up so I don't overdo it at the take-out dinner

D: ginger beef (it has vegetables in it, too - and as usual, I'll skip the rice)

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics