What's on your Thursday Menu?

White Dove
on 8/20/20 9:19 am - Warren, OH

That is fantastic news. What a change from New York!

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/20/20 10:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So north of Tampa? I am about 90 minutes south of Tampa.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 8/20/20 2:57 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Whoa what?! Text me the deets!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 8/20/20 7:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Fig Salsa got my taste buds humming.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 8/20/20 9:31 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Avocado cream and fig salsa? Can I borrow your son?
Have a ton of fun with Mike. It brings a smile to my face reading about your dates.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/20/20 10:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You absolutely can borrow DS! There are times when having a personal chef is great!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 8/20/20 5:53 am - Warren, OH

Growing up we used to eat Mallow Cups and save the cardboard coins until we had enough to get a free box of Mallow Cups. Candy bars used to be five cents each. Many times the coin was a one cent one and you needed five dollars worth to get ten free candy bars. It was written up once as the worst rebate program in the country.

It would take us many months to get enough for the free box and then you had to fill out the form, put all the coins in an envelope and get a stamp and mail it. The box would come many weeks later and we would all share it.

I very rarely see them in a store now and buy them when available. Of course, I cannot over indulge because I would dump, but I can slowly eat and enjoy one piece. I am actually glad that they are so hard to find. The other thing I buy one in a while is a York Peppermint Patty, but that is also too much sugar at one time.

Queen JB
on 8/20/20 3:00 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I grew up down the street from an Old Country Store that had a really long counter of penny candy. It was really a penny! I remember being like 4 years old and walking in with a dime like I was a billionaire.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 8/20/20 5:55 pm - Warren, OH

I could not imagine having a dime in a penny candy store. I used to love to go and buy penny candy, I think candy cigarettes and sheets of buttons were my favorites.

catwoman7
on 8/20/20 6:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I was at this socially-distanced birthday party last night at a park. This woman I haven't seen in about a year was there. She looked great - she's lost 25 lbs and looked like I think I looked like about 15 lbs ago. I'd heard rumors that she's had some health issues so that may be it (and I was trying hard not to gush about how great she looked because of that), but I really want to be back there again. Why is this so damn hard? Well, at least I have more incentive now. I want to look like that again. I feel awful (well, particularly the last couple of days since I've felt pretty waterlogged. The Chinese food we had at the park last night did NOT help with that...). I REALLY need to come down a bit on calories and stick to the plan (exercise is OK - but I need to cut back on eating. I usually have an OK plan in the morning, but I stray too often..)

nothing on the agenda today. I kind of feel like going to a water aerobics class, but I'm not sure it's safe (in the pool - probably fine - in the locker room - no). I guess I'll bike again. I also need to watch the movie for tomorrow's film discussion group, and also, as usual, read (these books are due soon!)

QOTD: I'm not a fan of "grocery store" chocolate. I never had an issue with my supervisor at my former job bringing chocolate to staff meetings, because it was almost always the Hershey's and Nestle's variety, and it all seems waxy to me. Dove was another story - luckily she didn't bring that too often! I also often look at all the fancy European chocolate bars when I'm at Aldi's, but I almost never buy any. We have three big chocolate bars in one of the cupboards (two that I brought home from India - last October!), but I can let those sit for a L-O-N-G time. Suffice it to say, although I like good chocolate, it's not an unsafe food for me to be around...

TSS: 5y2m

B: yogurt pie with 2 T light Cool Whip, coffee with half and half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: tomato sandwich (I forgot how wonderful these are! I use light mayo and Fit & Active bread - 35 calories a slice!). Plus some kind of protein - I'm thinking cottage cheese with Splenda and cinnamon mixed in.

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries, skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: corn on the cob (elote-style), Costco chicken skewer. Maybe some cole slaw made with Asian-style peanut dressing

OK - so that's about 1400 calories. If I can stick to that and not stray, I should be in business!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views