What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

MadisonRose
on 11/20/20 4:17 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Friday everyone! I'm ready to get this day over with so that the weekend can begin. It's been one exhausting week! My other Christmas tree arrives today so I'm excited about getting that all set up! I'm a little bummed though because i ordered these adorable cat Christmas stockings to hang from my mantle, but Amazon informed me this morning that my order had been cancelled due to lack of availability from the seller. They were so cute too! I was gonna have my cats names printed on them and everything. Sigh....oh well.

Accountability was eh.:..not great, but not horrible. Some extra snacking was involved last night that was not on plan. Today will be more controlled!

QOTD: Maybe cut my hair really short. When I was younger I used to want to dye my hair purple.

B: coffee w/Splenda & sf creamer x 2

B2: protein shake

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: 4 oz baked salmon and veggies

S: either another protein shake or a L&F Greek yogurt & an apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Teenie
on 11/20/20 8:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Try personal Creations on line they have some cute ones. I hope you find the stockings you are looking for.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

momyshaver
on 11/20/20 4:21 am, edited 11/19/20 8:26 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

Happy Friday!

I know this year has been hard and facing another surge on top of the holiday damper is hard for many people. I hope that you get some time with your neighbors and maybe something virtual with your loved ones, if possible. I look at your menu snapshot and I muse to myself, how hard we are on ourselves. If I had to guess, even an off-plan day looks much different than pre-op for most of us. I will often make comments while I mean that I am not eating the way I should be as a bariatric patient others get confused. It might be a food that is a slider or too much sugar to sit ok in my body or it might be portions. I am keenly aware of what was my norm far too often pre-op when it is mirrored in someone else or when I am evaluating my own habit creep lol.

QOTD - Short hair would be so much easier but my hair doesn't sit right for it and it really doesn't look right on me. Maybe wearing makeup? I rarely wear anything and I go for a pretty minimal look when I do.

I am starting out my day with my guilty pleasure these days - a cup of Starbucks k cup coffee at the breakfast table. I guess I still reward myself with food! I think their coffee tastes much stronger than some other brands and if ever a year called for strong coffee...

We are FINALLY getting a small part of the yard fenced off today. We had a fenced area planned since the move but we didn't place our order for materials until after the shortage had started, although I had heard rumor of it coming. We finally got enough parts for one complete area. It isn't my first or even third choice but it will allow a fenced area and my backyard chickens will be so happy to be let out of their coop again! It will be nice to have a small area of our yard be a bit private as well and I am thankful we are able to finish this project for now, at least.

I followed up with GI and they mentioned putting a feeding tube back in. I did a consult with a surgeon and discussed it but my area is seeing a surge in covid again and they are being told not to schedule any surgeries until at least December. If I had to guess it will be well beyond December when they are doing surgeries again so I think I have some time to decide.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/20/20 4:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

This weekend we are meeting with Jim and his wife on Sunday, then DD comes in late Sunday for the week. She has been quarantined for 2 weeks and is on a flight that is supposed to be socially distanced so we feel good about her coming. Mike, the planner, has all meals set for the week. LOL but nice not to have to think about it. They have met a couple of times so at least that will be okay, though she hasn't met Mike's son yet and we are having Thanksgiving with him. Should be interesting...

Beach today. Yes, again but there isn't much else to do. Today we are going to Siesta Key which is rated as the #1 beach in America by TripAdvisor (#11 in the world). I am not sure I would assign those ratings but it is a really nice and huge beach - great for social distancing. Here is a picture taken at Blind Pass beach on Manasota Key yesterday:

QOTD: Good one! I think I would have more tattoos - with lots of color. I am really too old and too conservative to go too far, but I admire the artwork that many have.

TSS: 4 years, 7.5 months

B: Coffee!!! WW zero point pancake

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: fish tacos maybe?

S: cheesecake/strawberry/blueberry yogurt pie

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 11/20/20 5:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Have so much fun at the meetup and enjoy the time with DD. That pic is just amazing!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 11/20/20 5:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Fri-yay! Thank you all for your kind comments after watching the video yesterday. An unexpected perk of my new job working at a dealership for that's for sure!

Em found out yesterday that the Spring play for all student body is being changed to a staged reading with maybe only 1 family member attending. She's super bummed and frustrated. She doesn't understand why the sports teams can have practice and games with family, and I can't give her an explanation....theater and arts are just as important! Okay, I'll get off my soapbox.

Accountability: Extra snacks before bed.

QOTD: Hmmm, maybe dark long curly hair.

TSS: 6 years, 3 months

B: Sf latte, eggbeaters, turkey sausage and apple slices

L: Grilled chicken breast salad, string cheese, Mikey's muffin top and a plum

S: Chicken stick, cheese crisps, plums, and carbmaster yogurt

D: Turkey wrap, Quest chips, toasted Chompies bread, sliced orange/ banana slices, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: An hour treadmill run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1569 Protein:136 Carbs:115 Fat:71

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 11/20/20 8:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Em's got a very good point. I hope she voices it to the powers that be. It is really not fair there not giving the same attention to the arts as they are sports.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 11/20/20 5:33 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everyone!

it's been a really busy week at work. Everyone is trying to get things done before Thanksgiving, I guess.

it should be a great weekend. Tonight we are having a Zoom happy hour ahead of Thanksgiving. Tomorrow Marilyn and my youngest son are coming back to Florida. I have to pick them up in Tampa, so I'm going to visit my friend's daughter's gym in Weeki Watchee and probably do some exploring in that area before picking them up.

Sunday, we are lunching with Liz.

QOTD: Probably get the extra skin on my neck taken care of if I didn't have to have a recovery time.

Breakfast omelette

snack protein bar

lunch sandwich

dinner fish tacos

have a great day all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 11/20/20 6:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So jealous of your meetup! I hope you have a great weekend.

Greateight
on 11/20/20 6:21 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I was hoping to meet a bunch of people at the OH meeting, but maybe next year.

I will have to watch the video this weekend.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 494 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 433 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 104 views
Recent Topics