What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

stacyrg
on 11/20/20 10:41 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Morning everyone and happy Friday! I have a 1:00 zoom meeting with our managing partner. Then I'm hoping for an easy day to get me to 5:00. One of the instructors is recording a class and asked if I want to ride at 2:30. I could take a late lunch and go, but I have happy hour spin tonight that I really wanted to cancel, but forgot so I'll be on the bike at 6:00 p.m. I don't know if I can handle two classes today, particularly since I have classes booked from yesterday through next sunday. No real plans for the weekend. Thanksgiving is off, so no need to shop for extra food and we may postpone christmas as well. I'm hoping we do. I normally get my brother and SIL an "activity" gift. They love Disney so last year was park hopper passes that they used at new years. Since there are no activities to speak of in LA at the moment I have no idea what to get them. Gift certificates to restaurants that offer take out?

My mom wants to go down to malibu to see her sister. My mom never gets out of the house and the only people my aunt sees are her daughter (who is recovering from stage 4 lung cancer) and son in law and granddaughter's family. She had a baby in August, so they're safety conscious. They're all safe and don't take unnecessary risks so I'm considering going down for a few hours. We'll take the puppy so he can meet more of the family. I may change my mind as the covid rates here are out of control and I don't know if it's worth the risk. I feel so bad for my mom though as I'm literally the only person she sees and we've officially cancelled thanksgiving, even though it's only usually with my brother and sister in law.

QOTD: My stylist wants to make me a real blonde and I would almost let him

My plan:

B: Fairlife latte

L: No idea. The 1:00 zoom is right during my normal lunch time, but I'll need to eat something, particularly if Im going to try and spin at 2:30

D: i'm hoping mom will agree to fish.

S: again up in the air. Likely an apple with peanut butter before happy hour spin

E: 50-100 Minutes of spin, depending on how motivated I am.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/20/20 10:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Gift certificates for take-out sounds like a great idea!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Dogmom88
on 11/20/20 11:57 am, edited 11/20/20 6:25 am

I have re-gained 63lbs after losing 100lbs with RNY 10 years ago. Eating what I have at home today and going grocery shopping tonight. I'm so disappointed in myself. I never even made it to my goal weight.

B: Turkey bacon, 1/2 apple, PB2 (16P)

S: Protein shake (23P)

L: Taco salad (ground turkey, romaine, carrots, tomato, onion, hot sauce, green yogurt) (23P)

D: Caprese chicken (chicken, pesto, mozzarella, tomato, balsamic drizzle) + spring mix (25P)

S: String cheese (7P)

E: 45 min Peloton ride

Total protein: 95 Calories: 1,192

Emiepie
on 11/20/20 6:58 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 11/20/20 1:08 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

It's so hard to balance risks, whatever choice you end up making is the right one.

i am amazed at your spin dedication, my legs would give out!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 11/20/20 12:40 pm - Amarillo, TX

I just have to say something guys. Around 30 people in my city(which is in two counties) of 200,000 has died in the past 3 days. THREE DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Our governor is an ass. Our mayor is an ass. The cheeto in chief is an unbelievable ass.

I had to unfriend and block someone i've known for 20 years or more. SHe said that the mask mandates was an issue of control. That we need a civil war to defend our liberties, I wanted to grab her by the throat. Good thing she is in Michigan.

I'm so sorry to put this here but i am so mad and so scared.

Mel

White Dove
on 11/20/20 2:29 pm - Warren, OH

Ohio lawmakers passed a bill last night that will strip the Ohio governor of his power to issue statewide orders concerning COVID because they infringe on people's personal freedom and affect the economy. The world is being run by the idiots. Money is more important than lives.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

momyshaver
on 11/21/20 2:58 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I am sorry that you are having to deal with the effects of this crazy pandemic on a local level. I have a few friends from your huge state and they have by and large had the attitude of your friend in Michigan. I also have friends in different spots in Michigan. They tend to be more compliant and accepting of the restrictions than your friend. I try to check in on them virtually and ask how they are coping with everything. It sounds like so much to cope with and it varies so much from state to state and even county to county within a single state. I am not surprised at what is happening in parts of Texas but it is such a huge state and different areas have different issues impacting the spread of this horrible virus. I have wanted to throttle people for their horrible, selfish attitudes as well. I consider myself freedom-minded but I have been picking my jaw up off the floor on the daily by the lack of concern for anyone but one's own self for months now. I know many people would like to believe that others would be responsible but we all know for every person that would do all the things there are enough people who don't. When this virus was in its infancy and I had put myself on my own personal lockdown people were still scheduling vacations and cruises seemingly without a care in the world. And here we are nearly a year later with no end in sight. I have read articles of medical staff telling of people denying the virus exists to their literal dying breathe. It is sad and infuriating. I don't know what I think the answer is. I don't think at this point the virus can be legislated away. I have watched small businesses fade away this year and so many people lose so much...and the ones who don't get it just don't/won't be convinced of anything contrary to their beliefs. I don't think things are going back to how they were before this year. I do think the government will use what it can to gain more control as the nature of things; however, I don't think the virus was created for that but at this point does it really matter? We have such a horrible mess on our hands.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 100 views
Recent Topics