What's on your (whoops) Thursday! Menu?

catwoman7
on 9/9/21 6:14 am, edited 9/8/21 11:14 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

another beautiful day here in the Upper Midwest. I love September weather! 50s at night, 70s during the day - perfect! I ended up not biking yesterday because it was a bit windy - and truth be told, I also needed a break - but I'll be out today! I have Mah Jongg at 9:00 (we switched from Monday mornings because of a change in someone's schedule) and I need to run a few errands, but that's it.

QOTD: It was about seven years ago - so a few months before my surgery. A friend of mine - a lapband patient - told me about it - and it was also listed in my clinic's resource list (although I was already on here before I officially started in my clinic's program). I was a lurker for about the first two years. I started posting on this particular thread (RNY menu thread) maybe four years ago (???). No plans to ever leave - it helps keep my head in the game, and it's also helpful to plan my menu ahead of time, even though I don't always stick to it 100%.

B: protein shake (I had a heavy-ish one yesterday - complete with 1/4 of an avocado - that lasted me until lunch time, so I'll do that again today. I had no trouble staying below my calorie range yesterday!). Coffee with half & half.

L: maybe the 1/2 C of kidney bean curry that I have in my fridge. That or some frozen thing - my freezers are bursting, so we need to eat some of that food!

AS: protein muffin?

D: leftover sweet potato/chickpea/spinach curry, I think....

have a great day, everyone!

Greateight
on 9/9/21 6:41 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Trish - did you watch the video of the Jump Around at Camp Randall last week?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 9/9/21 6:46 am, edited 9/8/21 11:48 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

no - but i'll check it out!! (they've been doing Jump Around at football games for a few years now - not sure how/when that got started - but it's great fun and has become a tradition!)

UPDATE: Jus****ched it - that was one happy crowd! Although it's been so long since they've been able to do it!

cheapskate
on 9/9/21 7:39 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I live in NW Iowa and we still aren't getting weather like that!! I wish

Lisa91941
on 9/9/21 6:35 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I love a quiet minute at the office when no one else is here. Get my day organized and a game plan going! Yesterday, I had to leave early for an eye doc appt to see if I am a candidate for Lasik. One problem. My appointment is for this afternoon. Sigh. I can never reconcile how I can run a company and build it into a successful enterprise supporting 14 families, but I can't read a calendar. So today I must leave early again. At least I know how to find the place today. I got lost 3 times getting there yesterday.

QoTD: about 2 years. I signed up probably around August 2019. Had surgery October 2019. I was definitely a lurker for the first 6 months. Poking around and looking for answers to questions and reading about other's journeys. But I finally jumped in and now I really enjoy starting my day here. I love reading what you all are up to, and getting menu ideas and planning out my menu for the day to help hold me accountable. I'm not 100% on the food that I've decided on, but I get real damn close most days. It's those days when a glass of wine or an Old Fashioned calls me that I go off menu.

Menu:

B: 1 meatball, 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: the last of the roasted chicken, veggies and feta

D: leaving on a quick trip tomorrow, so we are cleaning out fresh stuff in the fridge. Charcuterie plate for the win. And "sadly" we have an open 1/2 bottle of wine, so I will have a glass of that.

S: jerky or yogurt, if needed.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 9/9/21 6:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

I am so glad you have the new boss meeting today. I hope you are able to find your resolve. That is great you had help with the plan of attack. I be praying it all works out to your advantage.

Ok I had a crap night. Wow someone rang my phone at 3:30AM. I think it was a robo call and I was not able to really get any quality sleep after that. When the bell rang to go run I was still to tired and stayed in bed and skipped my run. Now I am in a downward spiral feeling guilty for not running. Maybe I'll do it tonight. I have a many pedi appointment at 10:30 so maybe I can get a quick nap at the salone before I comb back to work that might wake me up.

QOTD: I Joined March of 2018 but probably didn't post till that summer.

Accountability: I had 1/4 more of that burnt almond cupcake.

TSS: 3 years 8 Months 29 days:139.4 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: Baked oats and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

L. RGF breakfast sandwich and snack select

D: Bunless Chili dog and baked beans

Exercise: 3.1 mile run. Maybe tonight!

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 9/9/21 9:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

May your coffee taste wonderful and be strong today!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 9/9/21 4:09 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I don't know if you are a hoodie person. I am always cold so I have a ton, if you are - check out soft serve hoodies - they have a burnt orange one you would love. They are a bit pricey but so so so cozy and soft. (I don't get paid or own stock, I just love mine and thought of you when I saw their limited edition orange)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina135
on 9/9/21 6:38 am

Mernin' errybody, happy Friday Eve!

QJB - You have the upper hand. You're IN the position, you have the knowledge. Be kind, but firm. Don't waver. Rooting for you!

QOTD - Since 2009 when I first had my RNY. Lots of crap on the boards, bullying, surgery superiority, glad to see lots of the A-holes are gone. I was gone for a long time, just recently came back to this board and so glad I did.

I had a really bad RH episode yesterday. My co-worker (who is very quiet, young guy) had to witness it. UGH it was so weird and embarrassing for me. The confusion mostly just freaks me out. So today will be a very cautious food day.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - salad of some sort, hopefully with some tofu or edamame thrown in

Dinner - not sure, but veggies, maybe some pasta?

I hope everyone has a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

cheapskate
on 9/9/21 7:45 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Those surprise attacks are the worst! I'm so cautious at work now i only eat things i know are safe....boring but i feel more comfortable

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views