What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/18/23 3:14 am, edited 12/18/23 4:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^Actual photo of me right now!^^

Happy Monday to my favorite internet peeps! Monday is my well deserved weekend and I hope to do a whole lotta sitting on my ass. Classes were great and I am totally beat. Actually, before I do too much sitting, I need to take Grim to PT at 8am, do some grocery shopping, and try to figure out how to turn my kitchen back into a usable space instead of the war-zone that it currently is. But then I am sitting on my ass, dammit!

I have no earthly idea how Christmas snuck up on me again this year. As a cookier, I have been thinking about Christmas since August, and yet somehow, I'm not at all ready for it to come in a week. Eep. Need to shop, wrap, clean, cook, etc.

Funny story--I got an amazing OH Secret Santa gift yesterday. But we actually had an odd number of people so I didn't assign anyone to me! It is a TRUE Secret Santa! He does exist! Anyway, thanks a million to whoever sent me something special without being told to, haha. I will read my Dolly Parton book cover to cover ;)

QOTD: What are you feelings about Weigh****chers changing their focus to weight loss drugs? I have all kinds of mixed feeling about it. I am happy they are acknowledging that their outdated systems were never really going to help the obese, but I'm simultaneously annoyed that they bought a tele-health company and now there will be doctors who have never met you, prescribing drugs to anyone with a WW membership. Because A.) What are doctors even for if you can call a number and get whatever you want? and B.) It's more pay to play American style healthcare, where there is an additional fee for people to access needed healthcare.

Edited to add one more thought. I was one of those Oprah fan-girls who did everything she said in the 90s. But as time goes on it's clear that she has backed some awful horses, like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz. And she told us all to do a liquid diet, then WW... she's been wrong a lot. I am worried that this will be another thing that is an Oprah driven fad which turns out to be wrong.

Accountability: I had popcorn and 1.5 hard seltzers for "dinner" last night when I come home from the last class :/

My menu might change after I go to the grocery store, but as of now this is all I have in the house.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • beef stick
  • veggie burger
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/18/23 3:50 am, edited 12/17/23 9:20 pm - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y?all.

Not a lot to report today. I?m feeling REALLY crappy. My shoulder is still acting up and it?s just not feeling good. My back is being extra spicy too. Yuck. I?m super groggy.

We have the kids all day today. My mom has to get an ekg this morning then we?ll take the kids home with us after meeting with my brother at the doctors office.

Riley LOVED the 3D printed dragon! I?m so glad :o)

QOTD: I?m not sure how I feel. Since Ozempic made me feel so ill I?m a little apprehensive about it.

food is unplanned. I have no clue.

Mel

Emiepie
on 12/18/23 5:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, sorry your shoulder is acting up. Cute pic!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 12/18/23 4:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! Fun fact, if your company does federal holidays, if you take Jan 8 off, you can have 4 3-day weekends in a row (Christmas Day, NYD, Jan 8 and MLK day). My schedule isn't allowing for it but I"m telling everyone! Maximize those breaks, people.

QOTD - I am not one bit surprised that after Oprah "admitted' she's using WL meds as "maintenance" WW is now brokering them. I have never been an Oprah fan - she's all "weight loss is hard" when she's fat but when she's skinny she's all "do what I do and use some will power" but also has a private chef, took a kitchen out of her condo, all things that the rest of us don't have access to. I don't begrudge her the access, she's worked hard and take advantage of if but don't pretend you have this **** solved when your in a skinny phase. Also - Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, Jenny McCarthy, she's got a ton to answer for. I'll also say that WW has done a lot of damage to people over the years (and has helped some) but the fact that the head of WW is responding to the question "what do you say to those that are angry that you are going to meds after years of saying it's just counting calories and willpower" with "change is hard"...They can kiss my whole ass.

Whooo..that was a rant. Now I have to put on my game face for meetings from 6:00 to 4 and then my trainer from 4 to 5. I did get in about 4 miles on the rower this morning so yay. I also have to do some fun things tonight like clean out the fridge, wrap a couple of gifts for tomorrow, pack a lunch for tomorrow and I should probably do some laundry. Wow, some days reading my schedule makes me tired, lol. But it's the last working monday of the year! Yay.....and the week is very busy M-W and then starts to taper off so that's nice too.

menu

coffee plus half and half X3

yogurt

everroast chicken with cheese

not sure on dinner, I'll get home a bit after 6 and that feels too late to cook

Have a terrific Monday everyone

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 12/18/23 6:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Your answer is spot on. After thinking about it all morning I have to agree.

Mel

Sheila_H
on 12/18/23 6:25 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

LOL. That meme is me. I am reading, not stabbing, and waiting in line for my coffee.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 12/18/23 8:19 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I think this is screaming class action suit against WW.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 12/18/23 5:08 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ So happy you had a Secret Santa - enjoy your book!! This weekend was wonderful - nice mix of all the things - cleaning , organizing, shopping, take out, baking, wrapping, football, movies... no naps, but a couple of nod offs though. Lovely! This week, though festive will require me to shut my door for sure to meet deadlines. We have Secret Santa today, a division luncheon tomorrow, cookie exchange Wednesday, and an ugly sweater potluck on Thursday. On Friday I finally have my '6 month' post op appt w/WLS - it'll be 8.5 months. My revision is such a blur, sometimes I forget it happened.

QOTD - I hadn't heard about this! I haven't been watching regular TV or the news at all lately. I think to each their own!! If that is what helps you get to your goals - go for it! I've never been on weight loss medication - not even Dexatrim in the 80's or phen-phen in the 90's. I considered Wagovey before revision, but I didn't like the idea of being on an injectable medication for life for weight loss and that if I stopped, I would gain it all back. My Dietitian was on it and I followed her journey, it was not pretty and she eventually stopped. My sister recently started taking an oral med - not sure of the name but she has seen some success, I need to catch up with her! Anyway, I will read up on this, I'm all curious now.

Accountability - planned food was perfect, but then I made Christmas crack and ate at least 500 calories in random chocolate chips and mini m&m toppings, not to mention taste testing the finished product. I stayed away from the other candy in the house (including See's) and Rob's Christmas cookies from batch #2 and he is already planning batch #3. Good Lord - it was not pretty and I went to bed with a stomach ache. 192.5 this morning - a 1.6 well deserved gain. So yesterday, I was at -50 pound for 2023, now its -48.

B- coffee x 4

l - just chicken + dill*icious chopped salad

d - Rob's enchiladas w/light sour cream lettuce and tomato

s - jerky

786/79

e - stomach upset, maybe later

v/w - focus girl, focus

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 175!! GW 175 (6/14/24)

Sheila_H
on 12/18/23 6:26 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Celebrate the 48lb loss. The way you are going you'll be in a new decade before Xmas.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 12/18/23 7:01 am
RNY on 08/21/12

48, 50. It's a huge win either way. That's a lot of hard work. Don't dimini**** in any way.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 496 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 369 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 84 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?