What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/19/23 1:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I had my rest day yesterday and it was glorious. I kept my leg up for most of the day and it feels a little better this morning. I could probably use a few more days like that to help the swelling go down, but I got a last minute order for Christmas cookies from a reliable returning client, so even though I swore the oven was off for the year, I took the order. We might go see Wonka this afternoon if I get enough done this morning :)

Wow, we had quite a crazy storm here yesterday. They warned us that there was going to be a lot of rain and high winds, but it was much crazier than I had expected. Half of the state is still without power and tons of trees came down. I'm curious to drive around and see how the neighborhood looks.

QOTD: What's your favorite Christmas Carol? I grew up going to the 9 Lessons and Carols concert every year and I love all those super super old obscure carols like Adam Lay Ybounden and Personet Hodie. If it was written after the 15th century it's too modern for me, lol.

We did not end up going to the grocery store yesterday--maybe today. That might change my menu a little, but I'll probably stick to the usual:

• Morning fasting
  • Protein coffee
  • Beef Stick
  • (maybe movie popcorn?)
  • Chicken

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/19/23 2:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all!

Not a whole lot happening today. My mom has an appointment at 10 for an EKG. Other than that nothing is set in stone.

I was able to get in to see the pain management doctor Friday. We'll see how that goes. The only other pain doc in my "area" that takes Medicaid is in Lubbock. Sooooo I put out an inquiry if they actually take Medicaid. Depending on what happens Friday I may have to travel to Lubbock which sucks so much. But you do what you gotta do I guess. Really hoping to have a good outcome Friday. I'm in a lot of pain and it's f-ing ridiculous to have to be in this day and age.

QOTD: my favorite Christmas song is Above the Northern Lights by Mannheim Steamroller.

breakfast was a couple of boiled eggs, cheese and coffee. I may have a second cup later this morning.

the rest is unplanned...I need to get my **** together.

Mel

Melody P.
on 12/19/23 3:51 am - Amarillo, TX

I also love this rendition of The Wexford Carol.

The Wexford Carol

Mel

Teenie
on 12/19/23 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Do you have a big hospital system in your area that is a teaching hospital? A hospital with resident doctors? If you do you should go to the ER and check yourself in after the holiday. Most times they like cases like yours because the doctors who teach like to show off to the students of how good they are. I had a friend that messed around for 6 months with bad stomach issues due to twisted bile surgery that she could never heel from. I told her exactly what I just told you. They took her in and saw the one part of her surgery was never put back together. She was feeling better in a day. It is an option. I would do it if I was you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 12/20/23 5:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

We do have a medical school campus here but the neurosurgery is based at their campus in Lubbock. I have gone to the ER a few times. Most recently around mid November. They all, pain management clinic included, treat me like a junkie looking for a high. I've never abused and their tests prove that and I always had enough pills to make it...never asked for more than was prescribed. Yet my alcoholic neighbor and drug addict former aunt in law gets em handed to them like candy. It's so frustrating. I don't ask for a lot just enough to ease it a bit. I know thee is no "magic pill".

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 12/19/23 2:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday! Two super busy days left in the week, I am counting down every minute, lol. Enjoy the movie if you get to see it.

QOTD - Little Drummer Boy, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, and the Glee version of Baby, it's Cold Outside.

I woke up early enough that I will be able to get in all the coffee and a workout before I head to the office. Long day there and then meeting some of my girlfriends for dinner at the Mozzarella Bar which will be fun.

menu

coffee plus half and half X3

SF NF latte as a treat for the drive

yogurt

nut, cheese and salami pack

cheese and focaccia with pesto dipping sauce

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 12/19/23 3:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, and Do You Hear What I Hear is a good one too. The Yolanda Adams version is amazing.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 12/19/23 6:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You had me at Mozzarella bar!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 12/19/23 7:47 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Although it's terribly un-PC, I love Baby it's Cold Outside. The James Taylor and Natalie King Cole version is my favorite but I like them all.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 175!! GW 175 (6/14/24)

Teenie
on 12/19/23 9:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

YOU FIND THE FUNNEST BARS!!!! I prefer the ones with bourbon but I wouldn't be hating on bread or Mozzarella ones. Lucky you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 496 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 369 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 84 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?