What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/20/23 2:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Humpity! I needed an Augustus Gloop meme in honor of the new Wonka movie. We went yesterday and it's a new classic for sure. I loved every second--wouldn't change a thing!

I finished my last cookie order of the season yesterday. Well, maybe not finished, but I just need to put some last details on them today and then I'm really done until Christmas :)

Today I am bringing Grim to PT this morning and then I need to get organized for Christmas in terms of decorating, hosting dinner, and presents! My friend might come over tonight, and she LOVES wrapping presents, so I might subcontract some of the wrapping to her in exchange for dinner :)

QOTD: Did you used to snoop and figure out your presents ahead of Christmas and birthdays? Not surprisingly, I was your Queen Snooper as a child. I could unwrap and rewrap presents without anyone knowing. It was the start of my unofficial CIA career.

Accountability: It all went downhill after 2pm. #iamagustusgloop

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • ?? tbd
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 12/20/23 3:31 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Don't beat yourself up, QJB! You sat through a movie about CANDY and there was POPCORN. How would anyone not succumb?? Your day today sounds...not relaxing! Didn't you swear to put your feet up and rest that knee? (Using my mom voice here!). I love the idea of making or ordering in dinner as payment for wrapping. That's one job I would love to outsource. I am the only wrapper in the house so I'm in charge of all of it! Thankfully we don't have a ton of gifts this year.

QORD: hell yes! I knew what was in every box and wrapping. Carefully peel back the tape...peep inside...it's funny because I don't think our kids do that (but who knows, maybe I'm delusional!). My snooping ended there and I'll come to you for future CIA needs!

Im headed home tonight yay! I'm still angling to be off on Friday and I think it's gonna happen. Being gone for 2 weeks right before hosting for a week is a tad bit stressful. I have many lists going! Friday will be gym and Costco and food prep!

Friday I also get to find out which generous menu friend got me not one but TWO items on my gift list! I'm using both already!

B: leftover burrito bowl

L: leftover burrito bowl

D: half a turkey sandwich

I hope today is a splendid hump day for all!

Sheila_H
on 12/20/23 7:42 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Using my mom voice!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 12/20/23 3:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all!

Kind of a busy day today. My mom has her last ekg appointment this morning since starting her new medication. It seems to have helped and the past two have been great. We are most likely going over to my aunts house for a small gift exchange. I'm not sure what else my mom has planned. Might go to the grocery store.

I might make some cinnamon roll fudge today or tomorrow. The kids would like it and so would the rest of us tbh. We'll see. We have them Thursday and they are staying the night and we'll have em till Friday evening. We got some monkey bread for their breakfast or they can have cereal.

QOTD: I used to and like you QJB I was a master of the unwrapping and redoing it. I didn't for birthdays for some reason.

eggs for breakfast but everything else is very unplanned.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 12/20/23 3:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Busiest day of the week with a couple of meetings that are sure to be contentious but I'm logging off at 3 for a massage at 4 so I have that going for me. It's deep tissue with stretching so should feel great about it in a few days, lol. I wasn't feeling my workout this morning but couldn't move it to this afternoon like I was considering because of the massage so I just powered through it. Usually my active minutes are higher than my actual minutes because I get my heart rate up but this morning they were equal. Oh well, it's done and I only have one more elliptical to do and one more rower to do and then I'll have two virtual trophies for December!

QOTD - oh no, if we had been caught doing that, I'm sure any presents would have been returned and christmas cancelled.

menu

coffee plus half and half X3

PB English muffin

everroast chicken with cheese on pretzel bun slider

yogurt or cheestick before massage, tbd on dinner if needed

Have a wonderful Hump Day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 12/20/23 5:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope your meetings go well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 12/20/23 6:08 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Enjoy your well deserved massage. I hope it will gratifying, relaxing, peaceful, and awesome sauce.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Sheila_H
on 12/20/23 7:46 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Xmas cancelled? For real?
I caught DD snooping once, and I guess I was really harsh with her because I said "do you feel better now that you know what you are getting? Do you feel better now that you ruined the surprise for yourself?" She never snooped again, but I vividly remember her face and to this day I feel guilty.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 12/20/23 10:44 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My parents were not functional adults, lol, so it was a valid possibility

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 12/20/23 8:08 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Hoping your meeting goes well.

Yay on the massage. I had my first massage since my surgeries this last weekend. Not a deep tissue since my usual person wasn't available. It was light to medium pressure. I won't do that again since it didn't feel like it worked out the knots in my back.

Good job on getting your workout in even when you aren't feeling it. That is a win in my book.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 496 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 369 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 84 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?