What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/21/23 2:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! I am feeling this sad fat little panda today. I am not sure why but I have just been feeling down about a million different things all week. I don't usually think of myself as an emotional eater but, oof-- I would love to spend a week curled up in bed with the take-out number on speed dial. I'm completely fine (I swear!) just a little overwhelmed by knee pain, unemployment, family drama, and the holidays in general, I think. Nothing a week in bed with pizza and Hallmark movies couldn't fix ;)

My friend never came over last night to help with wrapping. She has a lot of good qualities, but nonetheless, she is a very unreliable person. She has adult ADHD to the nth degree and if she tells you she is coming at 3pm, you are lucky to see her by 8pm. That's what happened yesterday, so now I still have a lot of wrapping to do today. Grim and I also going to attempt to make homemade brooms as gifts for people. We took a class last summer and meant to practice sooner, but today will be our first attempt to try again. Hopefully they come out looking nice and we can give them to some people as presents.

QOTD: What do you always have extras of on hand? I always have about a month's worth of Nespresso pods in the house :) I also get a lot of cans of cat food from Chewy at once so that I am never in the position of having to run out and get it. I can't tell you how often as a kid we would have to run to the store at 8pm and get a can for the cats, and I always thought it was dumb not to have those hoarded (so I do!)

• Protein coffee
  • Egg Bites
  • Veg Burger
  • Chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/21/23 3:34 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all!

Sorry you're feeling so down QJB. I told my mom just yesterday tis the season for extra depression. I hope things calm for you asap and I'm sending you some extra love today.

We have the kids today and they are staying the night. It's going to be a long two days lol. It'll be fun though. I do have to run and pick up a prescription this morning. That's about it for today. I'll work on some chainmaille.

QOTD: coffee and pet food.

eggs for breakfast maybe a burrito for lunch.

cat Krampus was the prompt for these.

Mel

Teenie
on 12/21/23 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Have you ever been on Fentanyl patches. That is what pain management has prescribed to DH. he's very nervous.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 12/21/23 7:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had a fentanyl injection after one of my plastic surgeries because I felt like I was on fire. Pain was gone almost instantly. Fentanyl actually IS a legitimate med they use for extreme pain (unlike something like heroin). They just give you small doses, though, and limit how much time you can use it (like any narcotic). I was sort of freaked out about, too, since we hear horror stories about fentanyl deaths, but those people have taken WAY, WAY more than the average legitimate medical dosages. A patch should be fine...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 12/21/23 9:23 am - Amarillo, TX

I am going to ask about them tomorrow. I suspect this pain management doctor doesn't like using fentanyl as she wouldn't try it in the pain pump. BUT I am going to ask anyway. The only patches I have been on is a morphine patch that did help some but not enough according to them.

Mel

lmfontana4
on 12/21/23 8:37 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I like the cat picture.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 12/21/23 3:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

yea we all have those days (or several days) now and then - but you're dealing with a lot right now, too. Family drama and unemployment can be tough - and pain sure doesn't help! I hope the first two items work themselves out soon (unemployment eventually will for sure. Family drama - well, it depends...). From what I remember about your knee issue, the pain should be temporary, too. Anyway, sorry you're feeling that way and I hope things start to improve soon!!

My eating is really out of control again. These last few days - UGH. I really had no excuse yesterday to go off the rails - no big parties or anything (not that that's an excuse, but...). I did have lunch out, but that was manageable and something I could have easily worked in within my calorie limit (a bowl of miso soup and 1.5 sushi rolls). But N-O-O-O-O-O! It was a non-stop snack fest the rest of the day. I may break down and take one of my remaining phentermine tablets this morning (not sure if that would help though since I wasn't at all hungry yesterday - I was just eating with abandon - but maybe if I take a tab I won't want to "waste" it??). I'll also try to stay out of the house as much as possible. When I'm out and busy, I don't really think about food unless I'm actually hungry. I'll try to find some stuff to do today - or just take a book or my laptop and go somewhere to set up shop for a few hours. I'm debating about joining online WW again this morning - if nothing else, for the virtual meetings. Do they offer lots of them every day, Mary? Maybe it'd help if I could "attend" meetings multiple times a day...

QOTD: raspberries and cranberries for sure. My freezer is stuffed with them! Also, various types of veggie burgers. And bags of coffee - usually one plain and one or two flavored.

I'm going to really try to stick to this plan today:

B: coffee with half & half, plain skyr with cranberry sauce

MS: protein shake

L: cottage cheese "mousse" with raspberries

AS: protein muffin, Ratio yogurt

D: salad with chicken strips

I have a box of SF popsicles in the freezer. Maybe I'll make some SF Jello, too. And pick up some baby carrots, maybe? I need some "safe" things to eat if I go out of control again (although I'm REALLY going to work on maintaining control today!!)

ex: I'm not crazy about the sub who'll be teaching water aerobics this morning, but I may go regardless. Or walk (it'll be in the 40s again today), although my knee is bothering me, so....

have a great day, everyone!

Sheila_H
on 12/21/23 10:49 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I'd give myself grace during the holidays instead of beating myself up on a daily basis. Once the holidays are over tighten your belt and get to work.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 12/21/23 11:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you're right. Plus once Christmas is over, so are the constant parties, luncheons, dinners, etc. Much easier to maintain control most days when I'm not dealing with the constant festivities.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/21/23 4:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday! I'm sorry you are struggling Julia! I hope it's short lived. Also, gift bags make wrapping much easier. I am a bad wrapper so I love those things.

I managed to sleep to almost 4 this morning and then I finally got out of bed about 415, it was glorious.

Worklife slows down a bit starting today and I actually don't have anything I HAVE to do after work, which will be nice. I enjoyed the massage/stretching that I got last night and might try that modality again. I need to get in a rowing or elliptical today and would like to try a new pilates class.

QOTD - Do books count here? I definitely have a hoard of them. Smaug has his gold, I have my books. If not, then coffee and various teas. In fact, I think I'm getting a coffee delivery today and I've been waiting for an order from Kolkata Chai since Black Friday, the first one was lost and they reshipped on Tuesday but that package hasn't progressed yet either but I'll give it a few days, it's a very busy shipping time.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X 3

Chobani holiday yogurt, it's like spiced nog or something like that, I like it

eggnog chai

I have some hamburger I need to cook or freeze today so probably a bunless burger, or maybe I'll make up a batch of taco meet with green chiles.

Have a terrific Thursday everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 498 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 497 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 370 views