What's on your (SECRET SANTA) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/22/23 2:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Happy Fri-YAY and Happy Secret Santa revel day!

Today I am heading up to Salem MA to meet up with family for a small X-mas celebration with most of my nieces and nephews. My cousin, another person in my life who is chronically late to everything, is supposed to pick me up and carpool, so I hope we make it, lol. If she is late, I will just drive myself there, but it would be so nice to give my knee a break from driving so let's all keep our fingers crossed that she makes it!

My poor knee, you guys. It's getting significantly worse and worse every day. Dr. Google says it's probably a meniscus tear. I won't be able to ignore it much longer and might have to actually go to an actual doctor soon :(

QOTD: If you played our SS game, tell/show us what you got and guess who you think it came from, or say, if your Santa told on themself! Santas, reveal yourselves in the comments! As I mentioned, we had an odd number of people so I didn't play, and yet somehow I got an OH SS gift anyway!! What!? So so sweet. It was an adorable Dolly Parton quiz book that asks a million questions to help you learn how "Dolly" you are. Turns out I have a ways to go. One suggestions was to start by building a wig annex. Yesss! I am guessing it came from Sheila, Jen, and/or Emily? Whoever it was-- I love love love it. Thank you!

This is one of the worst pictures of me, ever, but I am posting anyway. I look so tired and puffy. Oh well! Our neighbor brought us matching homemade crocheted hats yesterday and they are so cute :)

And I made a semi-successful broom! It still needs to be trimmed and finish the details, but I was pleased that I remembered how to do it. I might try to crank out a few more before Christmas for gifts :)

I can't even begin to guess about food today since the (grown) kiddos are arranging everything. But I know I am bringing cookies, so it won't be a perfect day. Whatever ;)

Have a wonderful holiday, everyone! Catch ya back here on Tuesday! XO

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/22/23 3:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Friday!! Those hats are adorable, you look so cute and I'm sorry your knee is still an issue. Unfortunately, some things do require medical help but hopefully it will turn out to be something they can treat! Enjoy your time in Salem!

Very light work day today with a few meetings but all should be done by 1:30 and then I will probably run a few errands; we've told people if they can duck out early to go ahead and do so. I'll keep an eye on things from my phone. I have a concert tonight (Dvotchka) so meeting friends at the Mexican restaurant across from the venue and then the show. This venue often has a show start at 9 but today it's doors at 7 show at 8 so that will be good.

QotD - my secret Santa signed his name so Thank you Matt for the lovely cup warmer, spice/coffee grinder and not just socks but the amazing ELF socks!!!

menu today is

English muffin with PB

ham and cheese on pretzel slider

coffee plus half and half X3

eggnog coffee before the show

carne asada street taco insides

and probably a gingerbread and pretzel sandwich cookie from the amazing box of treats my trainer surprised me with yesterday!

Pictures are my street then I got home the other afternoon and the box o treats.

Have a wonderful friday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 12/22/23 6:21 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I'm so glad you like the gifts. I just noticed that the presents' theme is keeping you warm. Big D'oh though, I thought I had signed everything as OH Secret Santa. My bad to ruin the surprise.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Teenie
on 12/22/23 7:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

They cookies look yummy. I would stop to look at your Christmas lights great job.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 12/22/23 8:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

You should share those treats...just sayin'!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 12/22/23 4:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I was all ready to bake bread today, but I think I should wait until tomorrow since Christmas isn't until Monday (sourdoughs often take at least 24 hours from start to finish). I might make some Scottish bannocks with my sourdough discard this morning since I'm kind of hyped to bake something, though... In other cooking news, I'll probably make the no-sodium marinara sauce for the low-sodium lasagna I'm making for Christmas (because MIL is on a low sodium diet). I'll put the lasagna together on Sunday so I'll just have to toss it in the oven on Monday, so it's not too early to start with the sauce.

Good news on the food front - I ended yesterday having only eaten 1300 calories! Yay! (I maintain on about 1600 - so 1300 is weight-loss territory for me). Trying for a repeat today, since I'm having dinner out with a couple of friends tomorrow. And then Xmas on Monday.

QOTD: well I was a slacker and didn't sign up in time - too much going on. Maybe next year...

B: coffee with half & half, bannock with butter and jam, L&F creme brûlée yogurt (my regular store had four things of it yesterday, after being out of it for awhile. YAY!!)

MS: protein shake

L: another protein shake or a protein muffin (?)

AS: Ratio yogurt with raspberries

D: hot & sour soup and maybe a salad with grilled chicken strips

it's supposed to be warm the next few days, so I'll probably get out and walk - otherwise, water aerobics

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 12/22/23 4:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Hoping that you all are having a great day today

I am pretty nervous for my appointment today. I'm just hoping I don't shut down all together if it's not great news for me. We'll see at 10 I guess.

Other than the appointment there isn't a whole lot planned today. We have the kids until 6 or so. We'll likely start a puzzle when I get back from the appointment, it's an exploding kitten puzzle...it's hilarious! It has flaming poo on it so what more could describe this year?

the patient portal finally reopened and I saw my bloodwork. Man...anemia screaming its head off. I see my pcp in Jan.

QJB, please see about your knee! I am so sorry you're having to deal with it but you don't deserve to be in so much pain with it.

OOTD: I lucked the heck out with this as Chrissy drew my name! I got a fricken cheesecake! A pumpkin one no less. I was gobsmacked and I didn't get a picture. You know why? I stuffed my face. All of my family was able to have some and they loved it too. So so sooooo good, that topping? Wow! I could eat that by itself but on the cheesecake? Pure heaven. I also got a sweet apron that I'll cherish that her DH did. I do have a photo of that because I could eat it.

Food is unplanned. Terrible.

I want to wish all of you a very merry Christmas and happy holidays! We all deserve the best in the coming year and that's my wish.

pics!

Mel

Melody P.
on 12/22/23 4:46 am - Amarillo, TX

No idea why it auto corrected couldn't to could for the apron...I of course can NOT eat it.

Mel

Queen JB
on 12/22/23 5:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I am kicking myself for not assigning Teenie to myself. I could have had her cheesecake?? Can we make this a monthly thing?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 12/22/23 5:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm bribing you next year. I want a tray of Teenie's cookies and fudge.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?