What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/2/24 2:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Everyone! Happy New Year! I hope its off to a great start for you! So far, so good for me. I finished the craft/cookie room organization, and I have been using it to be creative and I really loved the last few days.

I know it's not Friday but here are the promised pics of the room :)

QOTD1: Do you have a brand of vitamin that you love? I use the EZ Melts under the tongue vitamins for B, D, and Iron. I use Thrive for my multi. And I used to take calcium chews but started eating them like candy and never tried anything else :/ Honest confession--I have been bad about taking everything lately. This is definitely a resolution I need to work on.

QOTD2: I haven't been to a Trader Joe's in almost a year but I am going today because it's right next to Grim's appointment. Any recommendations?

Accountability: I was pretty bad about making a plan this weekend. I wasn't really off the rails at all but I also didn't track anything.

• protein coffee (x2)
  • tbd - we're having lunch out after Grim's appointment
  • chicken, unless I have leftovers
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/2/24 4:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all! QJB, that room! I am slightly jelly over it...I won't lie but it's amazing. If I had a room like that it'd be a hot mess so I guess I'm also slightly jealous of your organization skills too lol.

Not a whole lot planned for the day. We may go to Walmart for a few groceries. The kids might stay the night tomorrow night. It's up in the air because we might be getting snow Thursday. If we're supposed to get a lot I'm betting they'll stay home. We'll see. I need to finish up a bracelet today. Tiny rings take so much longer!

I've been exhausted lately. No good reason. I seem to have a thing where every third night I get very little sleep(three hours tops) and then it's like I'm playing catch up.

QOTD: I take Walmarts brand of centrum silver and calcium citrate plus d. If I remember to I take the slowFe iron

QOTD #2: I have never been to one...I think the nearest one is in Denver or OKC.

B: delights sandwich and coffee x 2

L: ???

D: shrimp spring rolls in the air fryer

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 1/2/24 4:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. I've got PT in just a few minutes, then a hearing checkup a couple hours after that. JB gets to go to Trader Joe's, one of her happy places.

I often have a burger when we go out to eat, and I usually get two meals from one, especially if the bun is huge, or I eat a few fries. But I just started cooking burgers as part of my regular meal rotation at home. It's been almost a year. The calories are high, which is why I avoided it. With a small bun and cheese, a Bubba burger is almost 700 calories.

I'm off. Have a great day.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/2/24 4:44 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Tuesday everyone! Let's make it terrific!

Back to work today and it should be fine; Tuesdays are one of my office days but I have a doctor appt south of town and my office is NW of town so I'll skip this week. I do have two work trips this month that will help with the required days. Outside of that just work, dr, workout, and a couple chores around the house, nothing exciting. I think the inflatable things have finally dried out and I can put them in their boxes too!

QOTD1 - no, I switch between preferrin and iron chews I found on amazon, centrum silver for my multi, sublingual B12 and celebrate calcium chews.

QOTD2 - not really, I do like the Winter Sangria fizzy water but outside of that and the lemon ricotta cheese I was underwhelmed the last time I went.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3

cottage cheese with raisins

ham and cheese slider

turkey and mozzarella stick roll ups

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/2/24 5:11 am, edited 1/1/24 9:11 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Your craft studio looks amazing, everything beautifully in its place! Yesterday was really successful here too. I was able to get all the things done around the house and basically napped through several episodes of Gilded Age. I will have to go back through to see what I missed but it was such a nice, peaceful and relaxing day. Today is a question mark for work, I left last week on a good note but have refused to check emails or my calendar this weekend. I'm gonna go pick up bolthouse dill pickle ranch dressing and hit costco real quick on my lunch, it's dire.

QOTD1: I've had a hard time with vitamins too. iPhone reminders help. I love the chews too, but it's easier to take the pills now that I'm not choking on them. Centrum silver, Citracal, Fusion Iron chews since surgery (my ferritin was just over 100 two weeks ago, down slowly from 200 in 2016), and Trader Joes B12 sublingual.

QOTD2: Brie bites - yum 70 cals of perfection. Chicken breakfast sausage patties - frozen next to>, eggwich, reg and HB eggs, just chicken, deli ham/turkey, jalapeno sausage, turkey meatballs, chicken tenders, filet mignon, frenched pork chops, 96/4 gr beef, 99 ground turkey, shrimp, spicy cauli rice, Qukes - teeny tiny cucumbers, dill*icious salad kit, tuna, frozen burgers, I just picked up their teriyaki chicken (next to orange chicken in freezer) the macros look good.

Accountability - Great, so I don't understands 189.6 today - natural fluctuations... Whatcha gonna do.

B- coffee x 4

l - just chicken w/ salad fixin's, 35 cal wasa cracker for crouton-crunch and dill pickle ranch dressing

d - chicken tenders and stuffing leftovers

s - legendary pizza flavored protein chips

792/91

Today's goal 5k steps - I want to move more intentionally, naturally. I promise to listen to my watch and get up and move every hour or at least stand. I'll take the long way for extra steps everywhere I go. I'd like to make my goal without needing the treadmill at the end of the day. Just move more.

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 175!! GW 175 (6/14/24)

Greateight
on 1/2/24 5:15 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I love couch naps. Bed naps seem so much more serious. Plus, you can claim that you are watching TV.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Grim_Traveller
on 1/2/24 8:11 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Winston Churchill insisted it wasn't a proper nap unless you took off your clothes and got between the sheets.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Greateight
on 1/2/24 5:14 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

Well, it's back to work today. When we returned from the Caribbean on December 22nd, I was like "I'm rested and ready to go to work." But now that going back is no longer just a theoretical possibility, but I actually have to board a train in an hour, those feelings are gone. Still, if i'm going to go back, I have to do it sometime. This is usually a slow week at work.

The access App at our gym worked well, just stand in front of the door and push the screen. Some coaches were in, so I didn't have to figure out how to use the lights. But I set the gym clock by myself. We are doing Fran today. I am actually not a fan of the New Year's start with Fran. It's a hard workout and people are out of condition at this time of the year. I may take a rest day or do a different workout.

I am planning to step on the scale Friday to see how I made it through the holiday period, and if I need to lose some holiday poundage. I was good about making it to the gym, but ate all of the things.

QOTD 1: I still use Celebrate chewable, but when I finish the supply that I have, I am going to switch to the 2 Centrum Silver regimen that most people do. I have tended to run too high, if anything on my vitamins and have been dialed back on almost everything (D, Calcium, Iron and B-12) over the years.

QOTD 2: Drive safely, Julia. People are maniacs in parking lots. The people in the aisles drive as fast as they can and people in spaces pull out whenever they get bored waiting.

Breakfast: bagel

Lunch: Chicken

Dinner: meatballs

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 1/2/24 5:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

This Trader Joe's is probably the only one in the country with a big enough parking lot. It's actually in Patriot Place!

Hope you have a good day back at the office!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 1/2/24 6:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we spent many hours in MIL's apt over the weekend and have many more hours ahead of us. We closed whatever accounts and automatic payments we came across this weekend, but some accounts require a death certificate to close. It'll probably be another week before those arrive, so her Visa company said they could block the account so no one could charge anything on it, but the account is still open since they need the death certificate to close it. That's fine - esp in the off-chance that some legitimate charge comes through (although it would be awfully late - she's been dead for six days now). This morning DH has an eye appt, so I'll go over to the apt and shred the financial papers we found (i.e., the ones we don't need - like statements that are 3+ years old). We have an appt with our estate attorney this afternoon to see what else we need to do. We also need to set up an appt with her broker, although it'd probably be better to wait until we have the death certificate in hand so he can transfer the ownership of the account while we're there. And then there's getting rid of all the stuff - furniture, clothes, knickknacks, etc. We may try to sell some of the furniture that we - or friends - don't want. Otherwise, I guess it'll go to a second hand store. It's pretty nice furniture and only four years old (she bought it all when she moved here from the East Coast), but then, we can only take so much of it. Our house already has a lot of stuff in it.

QOTD: I always buy Superior Source dissolvable K and B12. I also always buy Integrative Therapeutics B-complex. The rest is a crap shot - usually I get multis at Walgreens or Costco when they have a BOGO (or other good) sale. Although I'm loving the Bariatric Fusion chewables I got at the OH conference in my swag bag. I'm trying to space them out to only 2-3 a week so they'll last a long time. Although I could quit being such a tightwad and just buy them since I like them so much. But no-o-o-o-o!

QOTD: I rarely go to the TJ's any more. I used to stock up on chocolate-covered peppermint JoJo's in December and the pumpkin-scented body butter in Oct/Nov (it's great for when I get out of the pool), but DH has been the only JoJo's eater since my surgery in 2015 (so he's in charge of buying them, too). And I haven't seen the pumpkin-scented body butter there for the last two years (just the coconut one - which is fine, but my favorite is the pumpkin). Either people scarf it all up, or it's been discontinued. Boo.

B: coffee with half & half, pumpkin yogurt, 1/2 a sweet potato muffin

MS: protein shake if needed

L: the rest of the Chinese food leftovers

AS: hummus and baby carrots

D: Indian lentil curry

ex: water aerobics

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views