What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/22/24 2:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^Our "ham cat" was pulling out the shovel this morning^^

Morning Gang. Half way there--whooo! I had a great day yesterday - I was able to work outdoors for most of the day and it was absolutely lovely, then the ball game was perfect weather. I'm a little disappointed about today, though. I have had a big important meeting on the calendar for months, and I have prepped and prepped and prepped. And last night he canceled. Gah. It's disappointing because of all the work I put into it, but its also disappointing because it was to prep for an event on July 1, and the longer he puts off our meeting, the more rushed I will feel to meet the deadline.

QOTD: What is your perfect temp to be walking around or sitting outdoors? 80+ for me, but no humidity, please. Yesterday was just about 80 during the day with fun sun and no humidity. It slipped down to 70 by the time we left the game. I had my sweatshirt on for the game and it was nice, but I would have preferred it to stay a bit warmer. Today its going to hit 90 in Boston and I am here for it! Hello summer, welcome back!

Accountability: Oops, only 4900 steps. But perfect on food all day until I stole too many bites of Grim's fried dough at the game.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • chicken caesar salad
  • chicken korean dumplings
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 5/22/24 2:28 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good mornin! That sounds like a great day for sure! It was too hot and humid for me in DFW and again when I got back to DC! I like low 70s and no humidity. LA weather, if you will. Being from Michigan I'm just not used to 90s in May! Though I suppose nowadays we have raised the temp of Earth so maybe it's just hot everywhere. I have hypohydrosis which means I am normally overheated and add to that, being mid-40s...let's just say I sleep best when it's 68 and a fan is pointed at me!

Im braving a 7 am gym class this morning - I much prefer 8 am but have a bunch of 8:30 and 9 am meetings this week. So, 7 it is! I mean I'm already awake (obvi) but it's hard to drag myself up so early!

eats today - some leftover chicken dumplings, hard boiled eggs, and an English muffin "pizza"

Have a most wonderful midweek day as we cruise into the long weekend!

momyshaver
on 5/22/24 3:20 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Good morning, everyone.

I would be a little frustrated about the cancelation too. It reminds me of school days and how much I hated group projects for a number of reasons. I hope that he will meet with you soon and understand what is at stake and how it impacts other people.

QOTD - Probably 68 and a light breeze. I have horrible allergies and as I get older tolerate heat and humidity less. It has already had hot and humid temperatures and my body is feeling it.

Accountability - I am getting my steps in but I need to do better at planning intentional exercise into my day. I had a phone appointment with my dietician yesterday afternoon and we decided that I really need to be running my tube feeds more often because I am not getting enough calories in and losing weight too quickly. I had planned to run one overnight, but I was so tired I didn't even have the energy to eat the banana with peanut butter I had brought into the bedroom.

B - coffee with a cup of soymilk

L/midday - big smoothie with whey protein powder, fruit, soy milk and ice

D- IDK yet.

I am going to run a carton of formula and also water through my tube today at some point. My dietician wants me to resume slowly but I know it will help my hydration and nutrition/energy level.

Have a great day everyone!

Melody P.
on 5/22/24 4:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

it's grocery day here and Sam's. It's going to be a long day and my pain levels are really high. I need to call about the new med as they still haven't filled it.

QOTD: I would say in the mid 60's. Not a fan of the heat. Monday we got up to 98° and I'm so so not into that BS. I sleep so much better when it's cool to cold in my room at night.

eggs for breakfast, lunch is undecided and dinner will be butternut squash soup I'll be making.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 5/22/24 4:56 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Wondering how long Rob will continue non-stop channel surfing so we we can actually watch something. He's even staying up late to play with the remotes - one has mini keyboard and mouse pad. He is in love, with Superbox. Today I have a groundbreaking ceremony for our new office building. The plans started in 2017 and 7 years later, construction finally begins. Our current building was a former sanitarium/hospital built in the 1940's, it's falling apart and apparently haunted - weird things happen all the time. Later this morning I have YE Fiscal meeting downtown and will get in extra steps with a planned walk after.

QOTD - 75 or less for both ideally. I can tolerate heat pretty well these days which makes life so much easier - even the 80's since it is so dry here. The tiny bits of humidity we get here are exhausting nevermind my 80's trauma of worrying about my hair going flat or my makeup melting off my face - the struggle was real.

Accountability - great food wise w/7,644 steps. 178.4 this am. My foot still has something going on, so no lunges, planks or pressure more than walking for a few days. My left hip and left side neck/shoulder are sore too - not sure what I'm doing wrong, my form probably. I sacrifice form to catch up or keep up with the video when I should pause it and focus. I did a stretch/yoga workout this morning and I plan to do a lot of walking today so I hope whatever it is will work itself out.

B- coffee w/ half and half, legendary pastry and vanilla yogurt

l - real good burrito w/plain greek yogurt and salsa

d- grilled chicken Cesar salad

s- TJ's Key lime cookies

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 175!! GW 175 (6/14/24)

Sheila_H
on 5/22/24 8:37 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

You work in an old sanitarium bldg and weird things happen? Are you guys hiring?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 5/22/24 8:52 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Haha, yes! Come join us at the insane asylum!

Grim_Traveller
on 5/22/24 10:33 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I believe that I don't need to work in a former insane asylum. I believe that I can turn any place I work into a nuthouse.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 5/22/24 12:58 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

How about the weird sightings and happenings?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 5/22/24 1:39 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

The basement here was supposedly a crematorium, so it's believed the dead patients are haunting us. Swinging doors, flickering lights, knocking and crashing noises are heard - usually by people here late at night or alone on the weekends. The building is creepy and I refuse to go in that basement!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 491 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 491 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 64 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?