Brandi Girl’s Posts

Brandi Girl
on 2/23/17 5:19 am
Topic: RE: What's on Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Good Morning all. I have done a few things for myself lately in preparing for our upcoming vacation. First I have purchased some new clothes for trip and second I started going to the tanner to get a base tan. I was afraid since I am naturally so pale I would fry like a tomato if I didn't! For some odd reason I walk out of the tanning bed feeling like I just spend the past hour out in natural sun :) Not sure why but it does feel good.

Eating yesterday went much better but little odd. Didn't seem very hungry which is not normal for me! But my menu ended up looking like this: B: coffee L: hunters sausage, baby bell cheese D: pork chops, small almond salad S: beef jerky

The scale was  up today! I am hoping and thinking it was from all the salt in the jerky. I don't normally eat jerky (not sure why, it was good) but I do know high salt foods make me hold water for a day or two. So trying not to panic.

Brandi Girl
on 2/22/17 4:42 am
Topic: RE: What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Good Morning all. Yesterday turned out pretty bad eating wise for me. I mean I stuck with proteins at least (besides 2 Girl Scout cookies-but happily the last 2). I just over ate FOR SURE!! My usual problem, had too much down time on my hands! I don't know how people who don't get to leave the house all day do it!! I think if I was at home working I would no doubt gain weight back. Better get this under control before retirement. Not that I don't have plenty of time for that. Here's to today being better than yesterday and making better choices. QOTD: shoes for today will be Sketchers Walk 3. Easy on and off and comfy enough for work I have today. 

Brandi Girl
on 2/21/17 6:34 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu Today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Thank you for the idea of Bariatric Eating website! Have never seen it before but am checking it out now and it looks very good :)

Brandi Girl
on 2/21/17 5:13 am

Good Morning all. So sorry Daisy for what you are going through!! I have times where I am not getting enough sleep and it typically is just because I can't turn off my mind!! For me when I can't do that I end  up feeling even more exhausted than if I had been working out all day!! It completely drains me. I also have not found a good way to get over it besides wait for it to pass or try and find new things that bring me pleasure to occupy my mind. 

Yesterday's menu looked like this: B: coffee L: cottage cheese with SF raspberry jam, cheese stick D: steaks on the grill, small amount of winter squash 

Brandi Girl
on 2/20/17 4:42 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu RNY'ers?

Good Morning all. Weekend was awesome here as well. It is so nice to be outside after being either locked up inside from the cold or just suffering with it when I am out in it. I know it won't last since it's still only February, but I'll take every beautiful day I can get! 

QOTD: had me thinking of one really Odd thing I noticed and never thought of pre WLS. When I was driving in my car after I had lost my weight, I sat lower in my seat. I am a short person to begin with but I remember thinking, "why do I feel like I need to raise my seat up anymore". Then it dawned on me, my butt was not only smaller in width but in all ways so without so much "cushion" under me I was sitting lower! haha

Yesterday menu looked like this: B: hunters sausage L: GF lean bunless burgers D: Michigan turkey salad S: 2 Girl Scout cookies-yes right out of the freezer!! But at least only 2!

Brandi Girl
on 2/19/17 5:00 am
Topic: RE: What's onyour Sunday menu, RNYers?

Good Morning all. Yesterday was such a beautiful day here!! I hope today is the same. Both husband and I have to work but should get out in time to still take dogs for a walk with the sun still out! We have gone and seen a couple of movies lately that were real tear jerkers. For me it was "A Dog's Purpose" and "Collateral Beauty". Both very good but both had me crying a ton! As far a crying over my own life goes, it was probably over a very sad euthanasia we had recently at work. While they all are sad some just hit me harder than others for some reason. But I am always glad it is a HUMANE option we have for suffering animals! My opinion. 

Yesterdays menu looked like this: B: coffee L: cottage cheese, hunters sausage D: honey bbq chicken wrap (ate the whole thing and regretted it right away!!)

Brandi Girl
on 2/18/17 4:55 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

Good Morning all. Even though I have a couple of things right now really worrying me, I am trying my hardest to think and be greatful for the couple of things I have that are making me SUPER HAPPY!!!  #1. is our vacation in 37 days (not that I'm counting haha) #2. is I have been getting on the scale more often than my normal once a week and the number keeps going down!! Now I'm like 6 years out so mine doesn't move like most of you who are under 3 years but ANY move down is an awesome site!!!

Yesterday's menu looked like this: B: coffee L: bunless lean burgers D: roast in IP with small almond salad

Brandi Girl
on 2/18/17 4:50 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

I'll take that view ALL DAY LONG!! Beautiful. And I REMEMBER TOPS!!! Haha

Brandi Girl
on 2/17/17 4:37 am
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Good Morning all. Yay I can do today's photo!! It's of what I actually made for the first time yesterday and it was SO good I had it for lunch and dinner!! Haha so there is also yesterday's menu. Pork/burger Ricotta Bake!! Delicious. Hubby was thrilled also. 

Brandi Girl
on 2/16/17 5:13 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu Today (Thursday) RNYers?

Good Morning!! What a great picture and how wonderful for you both to meet up!! Although I joined OH long ago I didn't start to really use it until the last few months. I did not find a forum that had much activity besides the general one which seems to be more newbie or pre-surgery questions. Now that I found this one (RNY) I LOVE it!!! I helps me stay accountable because I have to admit to you all when I make poor choices. And when I do, you all help pick me back up and keep my mind straight. It is so nice to have so many people to share the same experiences with who know exactly what each other are going through!! We are blessed to have each other.

Yesterday's menu looked like this: B: coffee L: hunters sausage, parmesan asparagus D: country ribs, cauliflower S: sugar free jello made with greek yogurt

Brandi Girl
on 2/16/17 5:05 am
Brandi Girl
on 2/15/17 9:04 am
Topic: RE: Long time lurker now set for surgery

Congratulations on a whole new life!! Come often and post often! You will get a ton of support as well as help with any questions. Best of luck.

Brandi Girl
on 2/15/17 8:54 am
Topic: RE: When the self pity sets in, you meet someone who has it so much worse.

So sad! I try very hard to appreciate how lucky I am in SO many ways, but when you hear about things like this it really does remind us that for most of us at least most of the time it is a "crappy" day or week, no where near what others deal with on a daily basis.

Brandi Girl
on 2/15/17 4:49 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Good Morning all. Very windy again here this morning! I hope at least the sun ends up coming out like it did yesterday! Michigan weather has always been VERY unpredictable. Our state slogan is, "don't like the weather? Give it 5 minutes." And that completely describes our weather. I would move to a warmer state or to Colorado in a HEART BEAT if I could get hubby too. But that is NEVER going to happen so I put it out of my mind. 

Yesterday I did a lot of meal prepping. Feel good that now on game nights I'm prepared to not give in and join with the pizza they get. Today is going to be a super busy day at work-not the good kind of busy either! So have to get going early today. Yesterday's menu ended up looking like this: B: coffee L: bunless lean burger (GF grill) D: ended up eating some of the chili I made for meal prep's. 

Brandi Girl
on 2/14/17 5:22 am

Good Morning everyone-Happy Valentine's everyone-and Happy Anniversary to you Daisydoo02, My hubby and I celebrate our 27th anniversary this month as well . For Valentine's he typically gets me flowers on his way home from work and I am hoping he know's enough to NOT get me chocolate this year!! 

It's still cold here but the sun is out already and I will take that for sure!! If it could be sunny all the time I wouldn't mind the snow or cold so much. Yesterday's menu ended up looking like this B: coffee L: bunless burger on good old George Foreman D: first ever crack chicken!!!! .

Plans for today is to go grocery shopping and make a few of these recipes I seen on this site and others to freeze. That way I always have something to make easily on our game nights to avoid joining in on pizza!

Brandi Girl
on 2/13/17 4:44 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu Today (Monday) RNYers?

Good Morning! Weekend was really nice and I didn't go off menu so that is always a plus! Got a lot of rain here yesterday and the wind was and still is crazy!! Not looking forward to walking dogs in that. I don't know how you do it Daisydoo02!!!  My skin has gotten dryer but I think I just figured it was due to my aging. Seems to get worse and worse each year. Of course much worse in winter and I have to wash my hands all the time for work so that makes it even worse yet! Yesterday's menu ended up looking like this: B: coffee and pepperoni stick L: chopped steak with cottage cheese D: Michigan salad with chicken S: about 5 almonds

Brandi Girl
on 2/12/17 4:39 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday, menu, RNYers?

Good Morning! One of my dogs has had me on and off up since 3 am. Not sure what is bothering her but my guess is just spoiled . I try my hardest to not complain over the weather because I know we will never move to where it is warmer so it is what it is. I use to try my hardest to talk husband into moving but not going to happen-not even when retirement finally gets here. But today is raining like crazy!! I don't mind it so much but once the temp's start to dip, the ice will be an issue and a worry for me.

Yesterday's menu looked like this: B: coffee L: lean bunless burger on George Foreman grill D: T-Bone steak on the grill

Brandi Girl
on 2/10/17 4:42 am
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Good Morning all. I'm so glad yesterday is over and today is a new day to start fresh!! Yesterday's menu was so bad I'm not going to even post it! I want to be accountable, so I'm admitting to how bad it was, but also want to forget it happened and move on. Not sure if that is the right way to handle it, but... 

QOTD: I try to be nice and go out of my way as often as I can. But then I watch my husband and think how much better of a person he is than me! Most of my good deeds I can think of are work related. Not only do I work for really nice people, but with sick animals so anyone who know's me know's that's where my heart really is! 

As far as things I love photo's go...you know I don't post personal things on here (yet-still a work in progress) but I will post a LOVE! Sorry in advance for it ;)

Dinner yesterday :(

Brandi Girl
on 2/9/17 5:14 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu Today (Thursday) RNYers?

Good Morning! Well good if you don't mind snow and freezing temp's! I tend to like recliners while hubby is a couch fan. Our current dilemma is when we leave the room our puppy pulls each cushion off the couch! That and when we sit on couch together for some reasons the cushions slide out from under us and away from the back of the couch!! Hope you are able to find a set you love and hope you post photo's when  you do. Yesterday's menu ended up looking like this:

B:coffee

L: Chili's with friends so had 'old timer' cheese burger minus the bun, 5 french fries, and 1 margarita

D: tuna fish with tbl. miracle whip

Brandi Girl
on 2/8/17 7:01 am
Topic: RE: Not happy 5 months post-op

It is temporary! ENJOY it for now and try not to see it as a punishment. Try not to turn to foods that just "taste good"!! This could set you up for a huge down fall later! If you are basing your meals on 'what taste good' then you are not training yourself to eat for nourishment but for taste alone. You want to lose as much weight at this point as possible while learning new eating habits. If you enjoyed cooking for your family before surgery you will once again but hopefully it will be learning to cook healthier meals.

Brandi Girl
on 2/8/17 4:31 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Morning Everyone! Today is lunch with the lady's day for me. At least once a month my girl friends and I meet up for lunch and gossip. We all use to work together and the company we worked for closed so we don't see each other daily like we did then. So we make sure to always set up a day once a month to go out. As far as Valentines goes, I'm just hoping for some flowers! I really love fresh cut flowers on the table! Husband has gotten chocolate for me in the past but I hope he doesn't this year because I have been really trying to stay strong with my eating plan. Yesterday's menu looked like this B: coffee L: lean burger patty on George Foreman grill D: chicken strips oven fried S: pepperoni stick

Brandi Girl
on 2/7/17 5:13 am

Daisy I am so sorry to hear about your mom!! She and your whole family will be in my thoughts during this difficult time! NSV would have to be Sunday weigh in day said I was down 4 pounds this week. While I did eat pretty good all week I have a hard time believing it is accurate so I will wait until next week to be 100% sure it's right. And after all this salt in the ham from Super Bowl Sunday I am going to be holding a ton of water that will no doubt cause number to go back up.Yesterday's menu looked like this: B: coffee L: meat sticks 1/4 cup cottage cheese D: more Super Bowl Ham and pepper jack cheese S: pepperoni stick

Brandi Girl
on 2/6/17 4:27 pm
Topic: RE: I backed out the first time ... and now I want to do this. Should I?

I was approved to have RNY 10 years before I ended up have WLS (I ended up having a different type of surgery than RNY). The night before my scheduled first surgery I backed out! For many reason's but I felt like I had little to no support for one reason. Shortly after I lost my health insurance and COULD NOT get surgery. I spend 10 year regretting not having the surgery when I was able too! Fast forward 10 years I finally have WLS and am currently over 5 years out. As much as I regretted not having the surgery years before, I can now honestly say FOR ME, that I think I would have been a WLS failure if I had done it the first time. I wasn't mentally prepared to do it with or without support!! It will be you and you alone that has to make choices from day one to the end of life! As important as it is to have support, it is more important to be in a strong enough mental place to say, "with or with out my sister's support (or whoever) I will and want to do this for myself". Besides, you can always get support from your children and this site :) 

Brandi Girl
on 2/6/17 4:53 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Good Morning. I only watched the overtime, but guess that was probably the most important part and boy was it good!! I think BEST team won. Far as QOTD: goes I'm probably still an introvert, but better than pre surgery! I at least now can carry on conversations with people where before surgery I would try my hardest to not be seen and not give any feed back to help conversations continue. I just wanted to not be seen :( Now I still don't want to "stand out" but I don't feel like I do for the wrong reasons either. I'm still working on voicing my opinions when I know others may disagree (such as about the football game). Seems funny but even little things like that I would not have DREAMED of doing before. 

Yesterday's menu ended up looking like this: B: coffee L: southwestern flavored chicken strips D: Ham and pepper jack cheese

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 257 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 134 views
Recent Topics