wendygail’s Posts

wendygail
on 3/29/24 7:04 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?
Good morning, Ya'll!!!! I've got to start or should I say continue to clean house. And start meal prepping for Easter. I have delegated a few dishes to other folks but, I'm still doing the bulk. We're also taking my son out for supper for a belated birthday supper. Hard to believe I've got a 25-year-old.
I had someone ask me how I plan on dealing with Easter dinner. I plan on eating. No, I'm not eating the sweets that will be here. Even though it's going to be hard to stay away from my mother in laws homemade coconut cake. I have serving spoons that are actually measuring spoons. So, that will help out tremendously. As well as I'm the one that came up with the menu this year. So, I know what's being served and also, how it's made.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
wendygail
on 3/27/24 7:30 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Good Wednesday Morning, from a very wet and soggy Suwannee County, FL. My arthritis has flared up big time but, that's okay. Ive gotta go grocery shopping today. Gotta get a few last items for Easter Sunday. I have no idea what I'm going to be cooking here today. My husband is home, down in the back. And he's not liking anything I've suggested. I haven't even asked my son what he's in the mood for. So, not the best kind of day around here. But, the good Lord allowed me to have another day here. And for that, I'm grateful. Ya'll have a wonderful day!!!!!
wendygail
on 3/5/24 7:27 am
Topic: RE: What Will They Think Of Next Gastric Band Hypno Sale
I thought the same thing. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking like that.
wendygail
on 3/5/24 7:07 am
Topic: RE: What Will They Think Of Next Gastric Band Hypno Sale
I was scrolling on Facebook a few minutes ago, and came across an ad. It was for Gastric Band Hypno Sale.
Now, I know that hypnosis has been used in helping quitting smoking, drinking etc. And in some cases, weight loss. But to advertise Gastric Band?!? Really. I didn't read too much of the article. But Im going to post the link here. What do ya'll think?

https://hypnozio.com/
wendygail
on 2/4/24 7:01 am
Topic: RE: What?s up for your Sunday?
Good Morning Mel!

Not much going on here today. It's raining on and off here today. Suppose to get cold again. Thinking about just having a lazy day. I took a bag of chicken tenderloins out of the freezer this morning. Gotta figure out how I'm cooking them and what sides. Ya'll have a great Sunday!!
wendygail
on 1/29/24 5:26 am
Topic: RE: Inching closer to first mini goal
Thank you
wendygail
on 1/29/24 5:25 am
Topic: RE: Extended release medication
When I had my RNY 17 years ago, it was a firm no, for extended-release medication. Now, with that being said, I am on an extended-release blood pressure medication. My cardiologist knows I had weight loss surgery as well as my primary care Dr. We keep a close eye on my bp. My bp is stable. Talk with your WLS office and your DR that has prescribed the Paxil and see what they have to say.
wendygail
on 1/23/24 6:40 am
Thank you
wendygail
on 1/23/24 6:21 am
I weighed this morning and am down to 273.4. I've got 3.4 pounds to lose to hit my first mini goal. It's been a long process to get to this point but, the journey has taught me some valuable lessons.
wendygail
on 1/23/24 5:50 am
Topic: RE: Premier Protein Pancakes
I know it's not the best source of protein but, when you're craving pancakes, these will do. They are good.
wendygail
on 1/22/24 9:07 am
These are good. Not "protein" at all
wendygail
on 1/22/24 7:17 am
They are good
wendygail
on 1/22/24 7:16 am
Per serving (3pancakes) 210 calories, 4g fat, 27 carbs ,(1gram fiber, 5 gram sugar) 15 g protein
wendygail
on 1/22/24 5:42 am
Topic: RE: deficiancy and malnutrition
The first few months you MIGHT have malnutrition and deficiency issues. That's why it is so important to see your WLS team often during the first year -18 months. The a couple times a year afterwards. As far as vitamin deficiency, that is why we rny'ers take vitamins daily.
wendygail
on 1/22/24 5:37 am
I believe they're a new product. Premier does have a good reputation and product so, I'm hopeful these pancakes are good. If so, I'll be making a trip back to Sam's Club and stocking up.
wendygail
on 1/22/24 4:36 am
I was at Sam's Club yesterday and saw Premier Protein Pancakes (in the frozen food section). So, I grabbed a box. Has anybody tried these? I know I should have waited to get them but, I don't get to Sams that often.
wendygail
on 1/16/24 7:50 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Good morning ya'll!!

I was going to have my parents over this afternoon for coffee but, it's pouring down rain right now. And it's supposed to turn off cold (be in the mid-twenties tonight). I don't want my parents out in this mess. So, will put it off to another day. Gotta feed my sourdough starter and do the laundry. Supper tonight is gonna be comfort food. Bacon, egg and cheese biscuits and coffee.
wendygail
on 12/22/23 6:15 am
Topic: RE: How to tell my kids I'm have WLS
Your kids are old enough to understand that you are having surgery, and what it's going to intel. Keep it upbeat. And at the beginning of each stage of this new journey, just give them a heads up of what to expect.
wendygail
on 11/15/23 5:05 am
For the most part, they do. I usually get thin cut or center cut chops, if on sale. Season them, then place on top of onions, peppers, mushrooms, celery and new potatoes and bake. Kinda like making hobo pockets.
wendygail
on 11/14/23 5:21 am
I've got a lot going on but, then again, I don't. I've got a crew that will be here this morning to finish up build my back porch. Bab****'s will be delivering a new dresser sometime this afternoon. Gotta start unpacking what I can from boxes (we moved into a new trailer, a couple months ago, but just haven't had the time to unpack everything). Make the final decisions on the get together this weekend for my parents 60th anniversary as well as the cooking and decorating for it. The only thing food wise I have planned for today is my coffee, a Premiere Protein drink or two. I set out come pork chops. Have no clue on what I'm gonna do with them.
wendygail
on 7/17/23 5:22 pm
Topic: RE: Premier Protein Shake Root Beer float
Thank you, Teenie. I'm gonna give it a try, as well as the recipe.
wendygail
on 7/17/23 4:03 pm
Topic: RE: Premier Protein Shake Root Beer float
Has anyone tried the new root beer flavor Premier Protein Shake? Was was/is your opinion? TIA
wendygail
on 7/17/23 3:58 pm
Topic: RE: Finally
My goals are to come off several medications as well as getting to my goal weight of 180.
wendygail
on 7/17/23 8:29 am
Topic: RE: Finally
In the last 12 days, I have lost 3.4 pounds. Since April 27th, I've lost 10.2 pounds. Finally!! A loss instead of a gain. It isn't much but, I'll take it. I'm gonna go back over my food log. I keep track on MyFitnessPal.com as as well as pen and paper.( I know it's over kill but, it helps me, ) to see what has changed nutrition wise. As well as mental wise. Thanks for the support
wendygail
on 6/7/23 9:46 am
Topic: RE: Help guys...Trying to get back on track!!!!
Good afternoon Missy. And welcome back. We can do this!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics