wendygail’s Posts

wendygail
on 1/24/08 2:12 am
Topic: RE: Damned if you do and damed if you dont...
A-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
 It's a great day to be alive.        
wendygail
on 1/24/08 2:05 am
Topic: RE: I'm HOME..........
Hugs,prayers and thoughts are coming your way. Get to feeling better soon.
wendygail
on 1/15/08 11:05 pm
Topic: RE: WLS Survival Guide
Yes,I would love a copy. Thanks !!
wendygail
on 1/15/08 10:53 pm
Topic: RE: Hey!!!! All Super Obese
96 pounds in 3 months. That's great!!! I wish I could have lost that much in 3 months(which by the way,will be on the 29th of this month). So far,I have lost between 60 and 70 pounds. Maybe a little more. I go for my 3 month check up on the 23rd of this month.

I think you are doing great. I started out at 427 at my consultation. 399 day of surgery. Now I am about 332 pounds.I should be down another 5-6 pounds by next Wednesday. (I hope). Keep up the great work.
wendygail
on 1/9/08 10:24 pm
Topic: RE: what do you say.....
Hi Gina

It's always hardest dealing with parents. I look at it this way. She's scared to lose you. Yes,you know the surgery is dangerous. But,it's more dangerous to stay unhealthy. I don't know how old mom is,but she is proably form the old school,that diet and exercise is all it takes to get the weight off. We know different.

As hard as it will be to do, trust me,I am having to do the same with my mom and my inlaws, be patience,and use lots of love. In time she will come around. Take her with you when you go for you pre-op test. Or whne you have follow up appts with your surgeon. Go to support groups together. But do it wiht a lot of love. Not with a "i"ll show you" attitude. Good luck
wendygail
on 1/9/08 10:13 pm
Topic: RE: Gym questions?
Good morning!

Here is what I asked when I interviewed both gyms in my hometown yesterday.

1. Price
2. Do I have to sign a contract,if so,how long for.
3. What if I decied cancel my membership? Any penalty's? Do I have to give notice?
4. Do you have personal trainer's?
5.If no,could I still get help starting a routine,or show me the "right" way to exercise,use equipment.
6. How helpful/friendly is the staff?
7. Can you come more than once a day?
8. How comfortable do I feel here? If you don't get a good feeling that you will be comfortable there,DON'T go.
9. Don't let them pressure you into anything. It's your decision.

The reason I asked question #7 is that my sister in law wants to join as well,but can only go after 5pm. And she wants a "partner". This gives me a chance to exercise "by myself" in the mornings, but also,to give myself a challenage in the afternoon.

Just remember,it's your choice,not the gym's if you join or not. ALso,like the manager I spoke with last, they will work with me on setting up a routine,with exercise I like. If you don't like it,you won't do it. If you don't like the exersice bike and the pool, but you do like the tred mill and weights,than go with the tred mill and weights.

Hope this helps. And sorry it's so long. Let me know how it goes.
wendygail
on 1/8/08 5:06 am
Topic: RE: OMG !!!! HELP HELP HELP PLEASE
I realy feel for you. I don't have any words of wisdom for you,cause my doctor didn't have me do one.
wendygail
on 1/7/08 1:53 am
Topic: RE: OT - did someone say homework?!
Gluck!
wendygail
on 12/31/07 2:36 am
Topic: RE: How Much Have You Lost This Year Since Surgery?
Since surgery (10/29/07) I have lost between 65 and 70 pounds.
wendygail
on 12/31/07 2:12 am
Topic: RE: I lost weight between Thanksgiving and Christmas
I lost 23 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It feels so great not to have gained weight. For once in my life,I didn't overeat during the holidays. ANd I actualy felt better this year then I have in years passed. Hope you all have a safe and Happy New Years.
wendygail
on 12/19/07 10:44 pm
Topic: RE: Why did the chicken cross the road? (funny picture)
Funny!
wendygail
on 12/17/07 2:33 am
Topic: RE: Mini Wow
Congrats!! Here in Florida they quit putting weight on the license. Too many people wern't truthful about.
wendygail
on 12/14/07 4:20 am
Topic: RE: Shaved for surgery?
Had lap RNY. Still had it all.
wendygail
on 12/13/07 2:31 am
Topic: RE: 6 week Dr appt.
Thanks !!
wendygail
on 12/13/07 12:44 am
Topic: RE: 6 week Dr appt.
Went for my 6 week follow up with my dr. I have lost 48.8 pounds since surgery,82 pounds altogether.
I can bend over now and tie my shoes,walking is better,and breathing is not as labored. I know I still have a lot to lose,but I am getting my life back even with this little bit of weight loss. Thanks for all your support.
wendygail
on 12/3/07 1:07 am
Topic: RE: 100# !!!
Way to Go!!!
wendygail
on 11/28/07 9:43 pm
Topic: RE: Warm up the losers bench... I am almost there
Warming you a place up now. Good luck.
wendygail
on 11/27/07 5:03 am
Topic: RE: mY HAIR
I'm about a month out,and have started losing mine.

I agree with other post,try a short hair cut. It will stop. And it will grow back.
wendygail
on 11/18/07 3:36 am
Topic: RE: How Many Play Musical Instruments??
piano. play for church. Would like to learn drums,but husband won't let me get a set and learn
wendygail
on 10/31/07 9:16 am
Topic: RE: I did it!
Thanks you all
wendygail
on 10/31/07 8:56 am
Topic: RE: I did it!
I am at my parents house for the next few days. Had surgery on Monday. Dr Hipp said things went great. I will update more later. Time to take medication.

P.S. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.
wendygail
on 10/22/07 7:42 am
Topic: RE: Mood Rings helpful after WLS?
Hey Terri,
May I borrow that ring. I want to see if it works the same way when I where it.LOL
wendygail
on 10/15/07 1:01 am
Topic: RE: OT- Signifigant Other
Mutal friends of ours set us up on a blind date.We meet in Spet of 1995 and got married in April of 1996.
wendygail
on 10/12/07 12:55 am
Topic: RE: To mash or not to mash
I won't be allowed mashed potatoes until post op week 2. Clear liquids week one,then soupy m.potatoes,soupy grits,soupy oatmeal.
wendygail
on 10/10/07 10:34 pm
Topic: RE: I did it...
Glad you made it through and doing well. My surgery turned into a bowel obstruction surgery. I'm to see Dr. Hipp on Wednesday to r/s WLS. Good luck. And keep us posted on how you are doing.
Most Active
Recent Topics