OT- Signifigant Other

Rotten Ronni
on 10/14/07 12:51 pm - DFW, TX
Ok, I'm doing a "getting to know you" post. How did you meet your SO? I met my husband on a Navy ship. It was Thanksgiving, and I went on the ship to have dinner with my cousin. Bob and I were cracking on each other the whole time. The next day my sister went back to the ship and Bob was asking about me. So, I wrote him a letter. When I came back in Dec, I again went to the ship to pick up my cousin. Bob passed me on the pier and told me he had plans, he wasn't expecting to see me. I said no problem, I'm just here to pick up my cousin. Bob races to his friends house to pick up his car and races back to the ship. I really didn't expect him to come back. It was a pleasant surprise. We will be celebrating our 19th anniversary in April.

Wendi W.
on 10/14/07 12:55 pm - Waukegan, IL
Well, I met my husband when he was in the Navy stationed in Long Beach Ca. (now closed).  I was out at a country western bar, saw him and thought he was sooooo sexy and I sent a beer over to him.  Needless to say he went home with me for the weekend, and we will be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary on Oct. 23.
Wendi

Rotten Ronni
on 10/14/07 1:06 pm - DFW, TX
aww Congrats!! I do love men in uniform. Mine retired in 2002 but I have pictures and fond memories!

Jessica L.
on 10/14/07 1:03 pm - Cincinnati, OH
RNY on 04/02/07 with
I was in London for an extended work assignment (4 weeks) and I would always come out of the tube and get a Starbucks on my way to my temporary worksite. A touch of home I guess. I always order the same thing, double tall non-fat sugar-free cinnamon dolce latte. I must have done this like 10 days in a row and a couple of times I noticed this cute guy with a crew cut sitting at a table with a coffee and a newspaper. One day when I walked in he was standing at the coffee prep area (you know the place where you add sugar and stuff) just hanging out and he had two cups. Well, he says to me "double tall sugar-free cinnamon dolce, right" (he forgot the non-fat but he's human). And I was like, "you got that for me?" And he said, "yeah. you get it everyday right?" Of course I did, but I never realized anyone noticed. He didn't have a British accent so I knew he was from the States and I asked him where and he said, "Chicago, just like you." And I was like WTH? He said, he knew the first time he saw/heard me because of the accent. I was floored. This guy had been watching me for a while I guess. So we sat and talked for like an hour. I was totally late for work but didn't care. He had actually relocated to London the year before for his job. So we went out and had some fabulous times while I was over there and then kept it up over the phone until he moved back to Chicago where we now have a loft on the river and a chocolate lab puppy named Max. And I made all of that up I don't have a husband, SO, or even a boyfriend I haven't even been on a date in over 4 years. But I have a VERY active imagination and a creative streak and some time to kill... so, that's going to be my story one day, I just know it. I LOVE London I LOVE Starbucks And I LOVE me some men!!! It's totally going to happen...... just wait.

Rotten Ronni
on 10/14/07 1:09 pm - DFW, TX
There is no doubt in my mind you will meet somebody with that sense of humor!!! I love it!

B Girl
on 10/14/07 1:16 pm
hahahahahahhahaha You could soooooo write the next Drew Barrymore film.  lol  You'll find your prince charming soon enough.
Jessica L.
on 10/14/07 1:19 pm - Cincinnati, OH
RNY on 04/02/07 with
Thanks! Wentworth Miller (hottie from Prison Break) was my inspiration to play the guy and of course I would be played by a young Demi Moore (circa Ghost.. which I watched last night BTW)

Amy_in_MA
on 10/14/07 1:16 pm - Danvers, MA
Love you Jess, just so, so love you! :)

jennstar
on 10/14/07 1:31 pm - CA
RNY on 08/20/07 with
Geez you really had me going!  I was like, damn that's right out of a storybook!  Lucky girl!  I hope you get a date soon cause that imagination and romance is too good to waste!
  Staying away from the evil scale as much as possible!!! 

imparfait
on 10/15/07 2:56 am
FTW!! I was so entertained and at the end was like OMGWTF? Do you write? Because you should!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 278 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 210 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 301 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 127 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?