browneyes65’s Posts

browneyes65
on 3/14/17 3:20 pm
Topic: RE: Ferritin

I'm 3 years out now and just had my ferritin checked. I take 4 Sundown Perfect Sundown and 1 -1000 Vitamin C, my number is 176 H ( 14-150) should I cut back on Iron ?

browneyes65
on 3/1/17 3:16 pm
Topic: RE: Bone Density Scan , How often ?

I had a Bone Density Scan to see how my bones are doing, I found out I had Osteopenia. I really wanted to have it again but my PCP won't do it, she said to soon . Not sure if Medicaid and Medicare will pay for it yearly. Are you suppose to have surgeon order it? I don't think a PCP understands the importance and it's so hard to explain it to her because she said talk to my surgeon. My PCP still does not understand what labs should be done and I understand that is not her expertise but sometimes it would help to have some labs done in town.

browneyes65
on 2/28/17 2:35 pm
Topic: RE: Bone Density Scan , How often ?

How many years in between do we get one, I'm 3 years out and had one a year ago ?

browneyes65
on 8/30/16 7:30 pm
Topic: RE: Mint Protein Powder

Is there a Whey mint protein powder, I already have the Synthrax  Matrix mint but almost done? I know Whey protein powder is best and I really like mint flavor, any ideas.

browneyes65
on 8/5/16 3:56 pm
Topic: RE: Protein Powder

I wanted to know which one is good and not to sweet, I already like Syntrax mint but wanted to try something different?

browneyes65
on 7/5/16 3:09 pm
Topic: RE: Herbalife

I started Cardio drumming classes with my niece and love the class but many of the people are taking herbalife included niece she has lost 50 lbs since March. She asked me to try it but it is so expensive. Has anyone tried it ? is Synthrx better because I have the mint. I have maintained weight loss for 2 years but would like to lose another 40 lbs.

browneyes65
on 6/29/16 2:07 pm
Topic: RE: Making protein Frappuccino, any ideas?

I use my blender and some milk sometimes water and add protein powder and ice and blend but the ice and liquid separates, do you know what I'm doing wrong ?

browneyes65
on 2/16/16 4:20 pm
Topic: RE: Samsung Gear Fit, not compatible with my phone

I have a LG Volt, I just wanted something with a larger screen my eyes are not that good. Thank you

browneyes65
on 2/16/16 1:19 pm
Topic: RE: Samsung Gear Fit, not compatible with my phone

Does anyone know of what kind of fitness tracktracker I can get, I have a Mobile Boost phone? I have to return the one I just got. I don't know how to find one that will work.

browneyes65
on 1/4/16 10:32 pm
Topic: RE: 2 Years Couple questions

How many Multivitamins do you take daily? I was told 2. How much D3 do you take daily or weekly ? I know everyone is diffrent but thought I might ask. Still at year 2 I'm trying to get a good place with numbers and ranges what is a good range to be at, should I be in the higher range or is it ok to be in middle range ? My total Protein is 6.3 range 6.2-8.1 I can never get that high. I have at least 1 Whey protein drink a day.

browneyes65
on 1/2/16 4:29 pm
Topic: RE: Barilife

I take 9 Calcium Citrate Petites a day, 2 Complete Multi a day (Wellness brand ) 1-B1 100 1x week,1- B12 500 every day, 5 Perfect Iron and 1-1000mg Vit C and I also take 1-50,000 D3 a week was taking 2 a week but number was to high.

browneyes65
on 1/2/16 4:19 pm

When you switched pills do you mean regular Centrum is that your multi vitamin take 2x daily?

browneyes65
on 1/1/16 4:24 pm

Does anyone take these ? my friend has been taking these for about 5 years now and she says all her blood work is good. The Barilife is a Bariatric pill with all the vitamins needed. My friend had rny.

browneyes65
on 12/27/15 7:27 pm
Topic: RE: Question about swallowing vitamins !

Why is it after surgery some people can swallow pills and some can't? I had my surgery 2 years ago and it took months until I could swallow my vitamins whole and can't tell you why I never had that problem until after surgery. My friends husband just had his weight loss surgery 2 weeks ago and he is swallowing horse pills, I wish I had it that easy after my surgery.

browneyes65
on 12/9/15 6:46 pm
Topic: RE: Fibromyalgia

I really am, for years I never really thought I had a medical problem i thought I was just weak. As years went by I started to have more aches and pains and thought, this is not normal. I know some people have to take Meds to deal with pain but for me I don't right now. My shoulders and neck are more bothersome because they ache but I can deal with it for now without Meds. I can get Medication if I want it but I don't need it now.Hope you are doing well. Take care and have fun with grandkids.

browneyes65
on 12/9/15 5:04 pm
Topic: RE: Fibromyalgia

I went to see a Rheumatologist today because for many years I have had tenderness all over my body and my neck and shoulders ache. The Doctor pushed on some pressure points and said I have Fibromyalgia. I told the Doctor that right now I can do without meds until it gets worse.  I was told to do some exercising and use heating pad for now that it might help. I finally know after years of wondering why it hurt so much when someone pushed on my skin and the aches. I hope I can manage without pain medication, right now I can.

browneyes65
on 12/2/15 7:12 pm
Topic: RE: What Iron do you take?

Me too but they start dissolving on my tongue real quick and they make me gag. How many do you take?

browneyes65
on 12/2/15 4:56 pm
Topic: RE: What Iron do you take?

I just want to know what everyone takes ? 2 years out.

browneyes65
on 12/2/15 4:49 pm
Topic: RE: I don't like Perfect Iron ! any ideas.

How many do you take a day, and how long does one pack last? These must be different from mine.

browneyes65
on 12/2/15 2:37 pm

I take Sundown Natural perfect Iron to but mine is an Orange bottle with 200 tablets.

browneyes65
on 12/1/15 10:52 pm

I'm taking Perfect Iron but I don't like them dissolving on my tongue before I drink something, those little orange pills are chalky. I would like to try something else that is reasonably priced. I have been taking 4 a night with 1000mg Vitamin C. I did have my Ferritan checked and the number was 68 not sure how good that is.

browneyes65
on 11/26/15 9:33 am
Topic: RE: Skin removal

I have a lot of skin that hangs low on my stomach after weight loss one day would like to get something done. I'm not sure what skin removal surgeries Medicare and medicaid pay for. I have a lot more loose skin everywhere especially my thighs but don't think they help with that. Does anyone know what surgery I could get that is covered from what I have? Thanks

browneyes65
on 11/24/15 1:58 pm
Topic: RE: Osteopenia

I have a question maybe you might know about, I'm 50 years old going on 2 years I had my surgery and had my first Bone Density Scan today and they said I had some Osteopenia in a hip. I was told to increase my Calcium and Vit D I already take them. The Doctor told me to do some weight bearing exercises. I don't know if this is because of my absorbtion after surgery or I had it before. Do you think they can tell me how long this has been going on ? I'm 4'11 and have lost 100lbs. Thanks

browneyes65
on 9/10/15 8:41 pm
Topic: RE: Calcium and Multivitamin

Where do I get Vit4life and how how much are they ?

browneyes65
on 9/2/15 7:36 pm
Topic: RE: Question on D3

Where do you get them , how much do you take daily?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views