Recent Posts

artist4life92768
on 2/27/14 9:13 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 01/05/15
Topic: RE: Nervous

I am wondering the same thing. So....how have they faired? I have 12 (so far) and am already thinking about another one.

Stacy

Bette B.
on 2/22/12 7:46 am
Topic: Tattooed: share your story?
 If, as the sayings go, “a picture is worth a thousand words" and “every picture tells a story", what does it say about a person when the picture in question has actually become a part of their human anatomy?

Tattoos and those who have them used to be considered to be from the “wrong side of life": prisoners, gang members, bikers, sailors doing god-only-knows-what with god-knows-who as they travelled the world. “Good people" from “good families" wouldn’t be caught dead getting one.

A tattooed woman was nearly unthinkable, unless you were to visit your local freak show or, perhaps, a Polynesian island.

We all know that things have changed quite a bit now that tattooing is in its heyday. In fact, it’s become so commonplace as to be mundane. And yes, you might say that in some cases, we’ve gone more than a bit too far. Although, upon reflection (and some in-depth Googling), “a bit" may be somewhat of an understatement.

Yes, that IS an eyeball getting tattooed.

But what’s the story behind all the ink we’re seeing in today’s society? It can’t all be explained by too much booze while on Spring Break in Cancun and too many bachelor parties in Vegas. While a lot of ink can be passed off as a mere impulse buy, one that’s no different from a Snickers bar at the cash register, most body art can be explained in deeply personal terms: “I had this done when . . . “, “I got this design to honor  . . ."

There are serious reasons and crazy reasons. Sad ones and joyful ones. There are tattoos to memorialize lost loved ones and to act a reminder of good times. They celebrate birth and death and pretty much everything in between.

To those of you who are among the inked, what was your reason? Why that design, on that part of your body, andthat point in your life? What were you thinking? Were you thinking at all, or acting on impulse? Was it your first and last tattoo, or just another in a long line in your, shall we say, personal collection?

I want to hear about it. I want to know your inspiration or, if you will, your INKSPIRATION. “My Inkspiration: The Tattooed Tell Their Tales" is a work in progress which will, if God is willing, allow me – as researcher/author and, at times, photographer – to tell your story.

I want to hear the where and why and when behind what is now a part of you forever. Tell me your story. Or, “stories", if you have more than one. If there’s one thing I like more than looking at and admiring someone’s body art, it’s hearing about the genesis of its very existence.

For more information on how you can be a part of this, email me at [email protected]. And let YOUR tale be told!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

ElizabethAshleigh
on 10/9/11 6:47 am - CO
Topic: Nervous
 So I have been in the process to get WLS for almost a year now and am finally just waiting for the official approval (fingers are crossed!). While waiting to hear from them I am now starting to wonder what will happen to my tattoos. I am 24, 250lbs and they are saying I will be around 130lb after 2 years. I have a tattoo on my upper thigh,  one in the center of my torso right below my chest, one on my lower back and the base of my neck. What happens to tattoos when you lose that much weight? I am worried the heart on my chest will end up looking like a stripe or something.....Please Help!!!
Zombie
on 6/26/11 4:32 am
Topic: RE: NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Hi,  my name is Paul I went thru this in June of 06, so I just celebrated 5 yrs. If you have any questions about what to expect let me know and I'll try to help you out with answers. BTW I love tats and if you like them to, check out my profile pics of mine. Ok ttyl.

~Paul~

imagenthat
on 2/26/11 11:43 pm - Bolton, Canada
I am in Caledon, just west of you.  Yes the surgery was more painful than I thought it was going to be.  But I am feeling much better already, and down 40lbs.  WHOO HOO

Dollface-1981
on 2/26/11 11:41 pm - Newmarket, Canada
Im from Newmarket, Ontario and so excited to be on this site... its great to hear everyones story and see where they are in their journey... Two weeks?  How are you?  Its it every bit as horrible as Ive been warned about .lol....  
imagenthat
on 2/26/11 12:45 am - Bolton, Canada
Hi Amy, welcome.  I just had my surgery just over 2 weeks ago.  I also have a few tats, and can't wait for my next one.  Where are you located?  I am in Ontario Canada.

Dollface-1981
on 2/23/11 10:56 pm - Newmarket, Canada
Topic: NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Hey everyone!  My name is Amy, and I am a wife and mother of 2... I also work at a tattoo shop, and I am covered in tattoos lol... I am scheduled to have my roux en y sugery in May and I would LOVE to talk and become friends with people who have gone through or are going through this journey as well... you dont have to have tattoos, just dont judge me for mine lol

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Cocobean
on 1/22/11 11:16 pm
Topic: Medical Alert Tattoo
 Does anyone have a tattoo for medical alert purposes?  I have two tattoo's already and was wondering how I might incorporate a LAP band tattoo into something cute but still alerting the medical community if there's a need for it.  
I thought about a 'skinny minnie' idea, Minnie mouse in a pin up style with a LAP band cinching her waist.  Not really a fan of Minnie mouse, but that's the first thing that popped into my head.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Tattooed: share your story?
Bette B. · 0 replies · 980 views
Nervous
ElizabethAshleigh · 1 replies · 470 views
NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Dollface-1981 · 4 replies · 649 views
Medical Alert Tattoo
Cocobean · 0 replies · 503 views