Hi, Everyone!

Dutch G.
on 9/14/04 7:20 am - Central Iowa, IA
I'm new to OH and am not as computer savy as most of you, so bear with me please. I'll get it figured out eventually! I'm 58 years old and had VBG surgery on March 16, 2004. I've lost 60 pounds so far and have 60 more to go to my goal. I've been what you call "lurking" here for some time. You have helped me feel good about having the surgery and your positive outlooks have given me the encouragement I've needed to work hard and stay positive, and you didn't even know it! I thank you all for that! I hope you all have a great rest of the day, and I also hope to be communicating with all of you in the near future. Mary
Debbie W.
on 9/14/04 7:35 am - Open Spaces, TX
Hi Mary I am down in League City, Tx but I am originally from Southeastern Iowa. I am hoping for the VBG but was denied at usual. Welcome to the board and any time you want to talk, just e-mail me. It is always nice to talk to another Iowa girl. Glad that you are doing so well with your VBG. Keep us posted on your progress. Debbie
Dutch G.
on 9/15/04 7:31 am - Central Iowa, IA
Debbie: Thanks so much for your encouragement. I'm so sorry you were denied. Have you appealed yet? Maybe you need an example of a really good appeal letter? I'm sure someone in the VBG Forum has one or has access to one. An Iowa girl, eh? We're great, aren't we? I live in Des Moines. Except for 6 years, I've lived here all my life. It was a great place to raise my kids! Good luck to you! Mary
sharon001
on 9/15/04 1:29 am - WI
Goodmorning Mary... Congratulations on your weight loss success! You also are giving encouragement to others by posting your success. Come back often and share with us. Best Regards Sharon -117#
Dutch G.
on 9/15/04 6:38 am - Central Iowa, IA
Sharon: Thanks for your words of encouragement. I have read many of your responses to people's posts, and you're so wonderfully supportive. I have skimmed your profile and you certainly have worked hard to get to where you are in this battle! You are truly an inspiration to me!! Thanks, again! Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4319 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8578 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8099 views