Just a silly little update

Manon
on 10/20/10 6:02 am - Burbank, CA
VSG on 10/04/10 with
I guess I'm known for being the October sleeve list girl but I also am out here rockin' my sleeve and I thought I would update as I haven't really since I've been back. 

It's been 2 weeks and 3 days since surgery and I'm doing great.  Here's the deets:

+ I just started getting a "full feeling" yesterday with my yogurts and shakes but thankfully, haven't thrown up or gotten the foamies since day 2 after surgery.  This morning it took me 3 hours to have my shake!!!  Since I've struggled with an eating disorder for about 25 years, the "full feeling" really hasn't happened for me in the last....oh, I'd say 15 or so years. 

+ I'm definitely getting in all of my liquids.  I love Powerade Zero.  It's 0 calories (as opposed to G2 which has sugar!!!!) and tastier too, if I do say so myself.  I cut it with water throughout the day and get in more than enough.  Protein's been harder but I'm starting purees tomorrow so it should be a little easier then.  Totally looking forward to egg salad!!!

+ I'm not exercising much yet but I did get all of my Hallowe'en decorations out this past weekend and that was super fun.  My energy was, is and has been pretty great.  I've been taking all of my vites and a sublingual B12 every day.

+ I've decided to only get on the scale on Mondays from now on so I can't tell you where I am today, but despite PCOS, I'm pretty damned happy with my losses so far.

+ I got some Click mocha in the mail yesterday.  It's a little grainy, and I think I'm a little high from the caffeine, but I think I'll try cutting it with vanilla tomorrow and see how that goes.

+ I haven't taken a pain med in 2 full weeks.  I'm a little itchy at my incision sites but that's to be expected.  I'm really glad that this has been an easy recovery for me.

+ These boards and the people on them have been exceptional.  I don't attend a WLS support group.  All of you, especially those of you at or near goal, have been so incredibly generous with your time and knowledge.  I appreciate it immensely.

xoxo Manon
HW-280/SW-264/CW-214/GW-155 (5'9")

marilynstraitwell
on 10/20/10 6:17 am - Houston, TX
I was sleeved 10/11 & am so glad I found this website. What kind of yogurt do you eat? I can't find any that say "sugar free".

Manon
on 10/20/10 6:34 am - Burbank, CA
VSG on 10/04/10 with
Marilyn - I usually eat Greek yogurt.  The kind I use is Fage and has 17 g of protein for a cup.  I usually add a half scoop of protein powder for a whopping 27 grams of protein!  I also will have the Yoplait light.  I like key lime with a tablespoon or two of the vanilla protein powder.  Tasty!

bekahler
on 10/20/10 8:57 am - Parkville, MD
 Just fyi..Trader Joe's 2% greek yo has 25g of Protein per cup!
"There are no Strangers Here, Only Unmet Friends" ~Helen Keller        

Manon
on 10/20/10 9:03 am - Burbank, CA
VSG on 10/04/10 with
Oooh.  I might have to make a trip to TJs!!! 

bekahler
on 10/20/10 9:06 am - Parkville, MD
 I just double checked...its actually 24g, but still pretty darn good! I  TJ's!!! 
"There are no Strangers Here, Only Unmet Friends" ~Helen Keller        

Cleosan52
on 10/20/10 6:17 am - Youngstown, OH
Awesome, thanks for the update! I'm glad your doing so well

HW: 324/ SW: 291/ CW: 218 Pre-Op: 33 lbs---1st Month: 24 lbs---2nd Month:14 lbs---3rd Month:11 lbs---4th Month: 8 lbs---5th Month: 5 lbs---6th Month:6 lbs---7th Month:4 lbs---8th Month: 0 (bouncing the same 5 lbs all month)---9th Month: ?
farewell2fat
on 10/20/10 7:14 am - Apopka, FL
Glad to hear you are doing well. My surgery is scheduled in Dec. If you don't mind, what is the "click mocha" you speak of?? Also, what protein powder do you use? I've been scoping out a lot of the products I need for post-op & wanted to get some feedback. I couldn't find Isopure unflavored, does it even come that way?? Continued success :)

Manon
on 10/20/10 7:29 am - Burbank, CA
VSG on 10/04/10 with
Right now I am using the GNC 100% Whey for their chocolate and vanilla.  I'm using Unjury unflavored and the Click Mocha I bought on Amazon.  It's a tasty and VERY coffee flavored protein.

msb1197
on 10/20/10 8:55 am - Ponchatoula, LA
Had my sleeve on Oct 11th... I LOOVE the Isopure powder unflavored...my daughter picked it up for me at GNC.  I mix it into my protein shakes to get in extra protein, and i mix it into chicken noodle soup that i put in the blender then heat in the micro & sip on thru the day..very satisfying.  You have to get creative...and the unflavored Isopure really helps!!
Good luck!!

I'm a shorty... 5'3            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views