Calorie Tracking

Kelli S.
on 3/24/11 1:42 am - Kalamazoo, MI
Hey all. I know there are a ton of sites and apps to track your caloric intake but I am encountering an issue. I can never eat a full portion of something so it leaves me guesstimating how many calories I am consuming.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I am 27 years old, 5' and 3/4" tall. HW: 263 SW: 226 LW: 142 CW: 198

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 1:44 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Maybe portion your portion into halves/quarters before you start (by making little marks in it?) and then eat it by the quarter?

I always guesstimate on the high side for safety's sake, even still.
OldMedic
on 3/24/11 2:00 am - Alvaton, KY
I NEVER counted calories at all.  Instead, I weighed my food, and kept track of what I started with, and what was left.

In the very beginning, I could barely eat half an ounce.  Now, depending on what it is, I can eat from 4-8 ounces of food (the denser it is, the less of it I can eat).

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

sunny10
on 3/24/11 2:00 am
I track my calories on the following web:
http://www.fitday.com/

You can track the foods by cups, oz, pieces, etc.  Hope it helps!!!!!!!
Sunny10    
Marie B.
on 3/24/11 2:02 am - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
I have a good food scale.  I weigh everything before it goes on my plate and log accordingly.  If I don't finish something, I'll save it for a snack later that day, or weigh it and adjust what I recorded.  I prefer to save it as a snack.
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

Kelli S.
on 3/24/11 2:04 am, edited 3/24/11 2:05 am - Kalamazoo, MI
I have an app on my phone that I track my calories with but it doesnt allow me to edit the amounts since the foods are preprogramed. That is why I am having this problem.

For example: Jimmy Deans Delight turkey saugage, egg white, and cheese croissant 290 cal. But I dont eat the top of the croissant and then only half of the bottom of the croissant but all the egg, cheese, and sausage... How many freaking calories is that? LOL

I have to count my calories because it turns out I wasnt eating enough and that was the reason why I wasnt losing any weight.

Memoir-ist0324
on 3/24/11 2:09 am - Flowery Branch, GA
 There is an app called "lose it" on the iphone. it is free. It also you put how much of a food you ate.

It offers break downs of 1/2; 1/4 etc...

pretty cool..it looks like a scale that you stand on and its orange...

Kelli S.
on 3/24/11 2:12 am - Kalamazoo, MI
On March 24, 2011 at 9:09 AM Pacific Time, Memoir-ist0324 wrote:
 There is an app called "lose it" on the iphone. it is free. It also you put how much of a food you ate.

It offers break downs of 1/2; 1/4 etc...

pretty cool..it looks like a scale that you stand on and its orange...
Thanks! I wonder if they have it for the Android, I am going to check my market right now!

fattofabinfeb
on 3/24/11 2:24 am
I use sparkspeople.com, which also has a phone app.  I like it cause you can program your goals (calories/carbs/protein) and as you log it in it tells what's remaining.  Only down-side it won't let you go below 1000 calories.  So I just put 1600-1800 calories and ignore the 1000.  If you can't find your food, there are a gazillion entries made by members,  I always find what I'm looking for, like breakdown by cup etc, as opposed to serving size.  An added feature I love...it let's you save your favorite's, so you don't have to reinvent the wheel every time you log food.  The site is free.

glendary
on 3/24/11 2:30 am
I use this web site... log my food during the day and enter it at night under this site... health tracker, under tools.  It allows me to break down food into ounces most of the time.  It also tells me my protein, vitamins, carbs and yes calories. 

I love this web site, it has it all.
Glendary        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 34 views