Up a pound now another.... WHAT TO DO???

Romy J.
on 3/24/11 2:38 am - Spring, TX
OKK... so harder said then done...   i was a food addict... NOW im a SCALE addict... thanks.. no sense in trying to convince me to lay off....

So that being said... YESTERDAY... went up a pound... FUNNY cuz i tried really hard to eat more protein during snacks instead of carb.. now it seems like it totally backfired... and i gained another freakin pound.... !!!!

PLEASE HELP before i go insane... and insane is not a place i want to be!!!!!

ughhhhh... first a stall now UP... how normal is this... did yall experience this... please tell me the scale will go down... AGAIN... its the start of a journey and i feel like im going the opposite direction!!

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!
263pre    249SW   218CW   220 short term goal!! 
Next GOAL...  199!!

USAF Wife
on 3/24/11 2:42 am
You won't like my suggestion, but stay off the scale. Do you realize that your body weight can fluctuate 3lbs on any given day due to water weight? Do you logically believe you can gain a pound of 2lbs of fat overnight?

All you are doing by stressing is causing your body to release more cortisol, (google "cortisol the stress hormone and weight gain), you'll be surprised what happens you just relax, and be logical.

I can tell you all day long that the scale will go down, but you aren't going to believe anything any of us say until you calm down, and logically evaluate what your body is going through.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Romy J.
on 3/24/11 2:47 am - Spring, TX
i so just feel like i am doing something wrong... i am ready to just toss the scale out the window " its glass"  that would help with my addiction... !!!!!!   OK>.. by the end of this thread I VOW that i will put away the scale in a safe place... I have my 6 week appt on MONDAY... so i dont need it anyway.. working out tonight.. so as long as i am eating right and doing what i am supposed to...   the inches should show me the truth anyways... ok... ok... ill breathe... now...
Next GOAL...  199!!

Momof2Sweeties
on 3/24/11 2:49 am - NJ
On March 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM Pacific Time, Romy J. wrote:
i so just feel like i am doing something wrong... i am ready to just toss the scale out the window " its glass"  that would help with my addiction... !!!!!!   OK>.. by the end of this thread I VOW that i will put away the scale in a safe place... I have my 6 week appt on MONDAY... so i dont need it anyway.. working out tonight.. so as long as i am eating right and doing what i am supposed to...   the inches should show me the truth anyways... ok... ok... ill breathe... now...
Perfect post, you said everything I feel right now and I am so happy to not be the only one going through these feelings...

Shannon

USAF Wife
on 3/24/11 2:50 am
I was a scale ***** but I was logical abou****er weight. I think there is a difference between using the scale to keep me accountable, and being unrealistic with the expectations of the scale.

If you are following the program, and you are feeling better, you just need to stay the course, and honestly be realistic of what your body is enduring right now.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Romy J.
on 3/24/11 2:57 am - Spring, TX
thanks love... so not using the scale for accountability....   I am logging my food at www.fatsecret.com  and it is helping me make sure my protein is up to par... i guess i have to see the nut to make sure that everything else is within guideline... i just dont know if i should concentrate on only protein whitch is what we are all told.. or do i have to keep the rest down to or not worry bout it.. i guess this is what makes me afraid and i use the scale to measure my accuracy of what i am logging...

so i feel guilty for eating an extra 70 calories although its also added protein or so on... boo  :(  just feeling down on myself i guess...
Next GOAL...  199!!

Momof2Sweeties
on 3/24/11 2:48 am - NJ
I feel ya...I have gained 3 pounds back and I am like so over it. I am completely stalled right now and have no idea what the problem is. But I am done with my scale. I will get weighed at the drs on Tuesday, then after that I think I am just going to weigh myself once a month. The scale is not my friend right now, and I only have time for my true friends. Hang in there,

Shannon

Romy J.
on 3/24/11 2:58 am - Spring, TX
Shannon... you are so not alone... and im here if YOU need to talk if we ARE in the same boat... AND i know it def. seems like its SINKING!!!!!  
Next GOAL...  199!!

cattywompos
on 3/24/11 2:48 am
What to do?  Don't get in a ditter about it. It is completely normal to fluctute up and down. Like USAF said... you can't possibly gain 2lbs of fat in 2 days.  If you can't stay off the scale you are going to have to learn to not stress about what it says.  :) 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Romy J.
on 3/24/11 3:00 am - Spring, TX
easier said... for us scale junkies right now... at the beginning of this journey... its our awful addiction!!!!!  
Next GOAL...  199!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views