Hanging in

Eula "Evie" R.
on 3/24/11 12:43 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi All,
I have a lot going on right now. I went to a Urologic Surgical center yesterday. I been having a lot of UTI's for years. So the Dr. tells me that I have somthing wrong with my bladder that there is no cure for.

I called the Dr's office, surgeon, they are not going to be able to send my records to ins company til sometime next week.To be approved for WLS.

My family Dr told me that I should talk to my daughters about my WLS. So I tried again with Martha, she said Mom you know how I feel. Other daughter "Sarah" told me what ever I did she will back me up, but she things I can do it on my own also. So I guess I won't be talking anymore to Martha about WLS. I ask her to have a open mind. I love both girls, Martha lives in Ga, Sarah is my baby she lives in MI. Martha was always someone I could talk to, so I am going to miss her throw this.

I go in the morning to get my upper GI for surgery to make sure all is well there. Have to be there at 7:30 am means I have to leave at 5:30 in the morning to get there.

Thank You all, and God Bless you all. Need Prayers.

Evie
Linda B.
on 3/24/11 12:48 pm - CA
Oh my...you poor dear. I don't know WHAT I would do without my kids support, but 1 thing I do know, you can or can't do it because of anything THEY say. You need to research this and feel in your heart what is right for YOU because some people are just ignorant to this process. I am not saying that in a negative way, I mean it in an informative way. I wish you the best of luck. Let me know if I can help you.
Linda B

Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

sleeve genie
on 3/24/11 12:54 pm - Alhambra, CA
I'm so sorry that you are having this issue and i hope everything gets resolved for you.  I think once you have the surgery and your daughter sees how great you are doing she will be happy for you and get on board.  I think sometimes the people that love us get scared that something could happen.  They don't realize that if we don't do anything something could still happen.  You have to do what is best for you.  I wish you only the best  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

luvdisney
on 3/24/11 1:10 pm
I also went through the same thing with my 20 year old daughter.  She was totally against it, and now that it is done, (just on March 14th), she still says it was not worth the chance you took.  Your daughter may just be scared for you, it is major surgery and well there is never guarentee's.  My daughter was afraid she may never see me again, also she felt that since I have lost weight on my own before I could do it again.  This is true I could drop the weight, but guess what in a year it will find me again plus some.   You may not be able to change your daughter's mind, but just let her know you will be alright and that research shows a longer life due to better health after surgery.  I wish you the best of luck..xoxo

Tammy B.
on 3/24/11 2:20 pm - IN
Hi Evie!  You will always have our support here on OH .  I'll keep you in my prayers and I'm sending you my best wishes! (((HUGS)))

Tammy

jackie W.
on 3/25/11 1:05 am - schenectady, ny
Evie,my children were also very negative about my surgery and while i wished they ageed I told them they had to at least wish me well.Its been almost 4 weeks and there coming around.My kids thought I couldnt do any thing more drastic but I told them for me now this is what I need,so hopefully your girls will come around to. hugs your way and luck on your journey.
                                                                  jackie

Most Active