Sleeve single port (gel point)?????????????????????

gabriella12
on 3/25/11 2:19 pm
This may be outdated information but I saw on you tube a single port sleeve gastrectomy performed by doctor Jose Rodriguez.  Has anyone heard of this or has anyone had it done?  I'm curious as to how many incisions I will have, how big they are, and where exactly they will be.  I came accross this while researching.  Any info is appreciated!
peachynptc
on 3/25/11 2:22 pm - Fayetteville, GA
www.youtube.com/watch
This is what will happen. This is why I am having it, looks like I could do it myself. I hear there are 5-6 incisions usually. I have heard the one port is not as good.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

gabriella12
on 3/25/11 2:43 pm
thanks!!!!!!!! the video is awsome.  Yea, I don't have a problem with the number of incisions, I was just curious.  I'm really white and I know I'm going to scar horrible but it beats being fat!
SassyItalian
on 3/25/11 2:26 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
my doc did it with 3, one of which was hidden in the belly button and isnt even visable. the lap incisions are about 1/2 inch long, linear, and will heal unnoticeable.

Most docs use 5 incisions though.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

_Nikki_
on 3/25/11 2:39 pm
Mine will use 5 and one will be slightly larger than the others to pull the excess stomach out of.
_Nikki_ 

frisco
on 3/25/11 4:52 pm

My surgeon claims he cannot do "his" sleeve with a SIL (single incision)

Since the VSG is a non standardized procedure..... not all sleeves are created equal and many surgeons have different approaches.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

redhotgypsygirl
on 3/25/11 7:45 pm - CA
I had a single incision in my belly button so you don't see any scars. My surgeon uses the new spider technique to perform the surgery so he only needs the one incision to insert the spider.

HW - 291.4; CW - 209.6; GW - 130
meemhull
on 3/25/11 8:18 pm - St Augustine, FL
Redhotgypsygirl, I am having the same procedure on 4-20, how was the soarness around the belly button area after? Just seems like a tender place to me.
Sooz.L.
on 3/25/11 9:25 pm - United Kingdom

I have 5 incision sites.  they are very small. 4 across my waist and one higher up.  all tiny and being very pale also will be quite visible at first but I am sure they will fade with time

MrsClaus09
on 3/25/11 10:22 pm
I spoke to my surgeon about this as he had mentioned it as an "up and coming" technique in one of our meetings.  Unfortunately, he doesn't do it because he doesn't feel it's been perfected yet.  For me, I had 4 incisions - so, not bad at all.  GL!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views