NSV at Disneyland

BriarRose
on 3/28/11 3:33 am
The turnstiles at Disneyland must have gotten bigger.  Funny, they look the same, but being an annual (So.Cal) pass holder, I know those turnstiles well.  I used to have to turn just a bit to get through them easily.  DD (dear daughter) and I haven't been in the two months since I had surgery -- went yesterday.....NO TURNING NEEDED. 

NSV #2  We always take our own water and lunch with us....I took some chicken salad -- ate it once for lunch, then again for a snack.  Ate a 2 inch piece of dd's soft pretzel later on in the day, and was satisfied.  Ate one piece of chicken off of dd's plate for dinner (took the skin off) and was was stuffed.  Ate 2 squares off of dd's candy bar on the way home.  Was satisfied. 

I am thrilled to say that dd (who was afraid that it would be "weird" going to Disneyland with me eating so much less, was excited to see that IT WAS THE SAME !!! (teenagers !) and that mom didn't eat half of the candy, or half of the pretzel ! And that it was a lot cheaper ! 

We had a great time, which we needed as there is a couple huge stressors in our lives right now, so blowing off steam at Disneyland on the cheap was a really needed  day for us.   
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Valk
on 3/28/11 3:43 am - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
I had my first post-op visit to Disneyland yesterday too! We only have 1 wee****il our passes expire, so we had to get at least one more trip in. Since I'm only 10 days post op, we took it slow. I brought some string cheese and water. DH also gave me some cheese from his pizza, I craved the extra flavor the pizza sauce gives.

I'm glad to hear you had a good time. I have to admit, I was walking around with all of the different food smells and having a hard time of it. I kept thinking about future visits and getting a little freaked. I'm having a mild case of remorse at the moment, but I'm not letting it freak me out. The fact that you were able to have a "normal" time at Dland makes me feel better about the future.

When I went through the turnstile at the carousel, I was surprised that I didn't have to turn sideways as much as before!

That's a great NSV!!!!
Kaiser Orange County - Surgery with Pacific Bariatric at Scripps Mercy Hospital
HW : 272 (6/10)   /   SW: 243 (3/15/11)   /   CW: 184 (9/1/11)

I just realized, I've lost my 9 year old!  Next goal?  Losing the 4 year old!
Jean in the I E
on 3/28/11 3:52 am - Fontana, CA
That's great!!! We're AP holders too...gotta love a relaxing day at D-land and/or CA Adventures :)

Jean  I'm 45, 5' 4-1/2" -- 315/272/230 -- 43 lbs lost pre-op
"Progress, not perfection..." ~Dr. Roger Gould
Breast reduction & lift - 11/11/11 (sooo wonderful!!!)

estre40
on 3/28/11 4:11 am
Nice to be an annual pass holder for disneyland!

We're having a family trip to S. Cali mid June and definitely have Disneyland and Universal Studios on our itinerary.

So food is allowed to go in the park???

Thanksss and congrats on the NSV's!

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 4:36 am
sounds fun!  I knew what DD meant from babycenter.  lol
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views