After appt. NUT's suggestions... Dr's thumbs up!!

Romy J.
on 3/29/11 2:23 am - Spring, TX
Dr. was so proud... wants me to know its a lifestyle change... he was so happy with the loss... and said he was proud.... have not heard that in a LONG time from him...   but he doesnt want me to gain it back in 2 years either...  

Next appt in 3 months... i asked for an acid reducer... which he happily prescribed just because i do have some acid at night... which was same with my band...

NUT-  suggestions...  

UP my calories to 1000-1200 daily... 60-70grams of protein  add calcium  and MAKE SURE FAT content is LESS than 30grams!!!!!   Wow   thats gonna be hard... numbers add up quick... once i have done it online for about a month.. to look at the numbers.. she wants me to NOT do it online... wants me to concentrate on training myself to choose lean correctly without having to use the computer... the computer just keeps me accountable!!!  

All in all.. GREAT appt!    Baby went to day care for 2 and a half hours... he did so well they said...

I was happy!!!!  then i got sick... at work... booo   :(  now trying to feel better!!
263pre    249SW   218CW   220 short term goal!! 
Next GOAL...  199!!

peachynptc
on 3/29/11 2:37 am - Fayetteville, GA
congrats! You are doing it all right!! Keep up the good work!!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

OldMedic
on 3/29/11 2:55 am - Alvaton, KY
Your nutritionist is absolutely right.

The computer does NOT make you accountable. The computer makes you lazy.

YOU make YOURSELF accountable.  And you need to learn to read labels ALL OF THE TIME, ESPECIALLY BEFORE YOU GRAB THINGS.

It isn't hard to stay on program, if you actually train yourself to do it.  That is the key, train yourself, and don't become so dependant on a machine to control your life.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

Romy J.
on 3/29/11 3:33 am - Spring, TX
i totally understand... but realistically i need the computer for the month... like she and i agreed... to calculate FAT... i understand those numbers are not always accurate either...   i just have to be careful and make sure i am choosing healthy always...   i loved that i could ask her all these questions.. and she and i spoke openly.
Next GOAL...  199!!

faylavi
on 3/29/11 3:25 am - Laurel, MD
Romy
You are well on your way to MILF status!

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Romy J.
on 3/29/11 3:34 am - Spring, TX
thanks fay... still trying to swallow the whole up my calories.. but i totally understand... its gonna be difficult... ive beein in the 500 - 800 range... and have been satisfied... Upping the protein...    !!
Next GOAL...  199!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 5:41 am
I use the computer too and I will continue to do so.  I sometimes make up my meal plan and enter it in the morning so I can see where I need to add or subtract something and  sometimes I enter it at night after I have consumed my days food so I can see if I did it right .  Until I am sure about what I am doing I will continue to let the computer make me accountable.  It is a tool for me just the same as my VSG is. My NUT has no issues with anything that helps me make better choices until I am  knowledgable enough to do them on my own.
Sunshine115
on 3/29/11 8:54 am - MI
great job, you must feel awesome, except for getting sick at work. But at least you know you are on the right track.

frisco
on 3/29/11 4:34 pm

Great news Romy,

Keep the path !!!!

You got this.....!!!!

I'm watchin you !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Romy J.
on 3/30/11 1:41 am - Spring, TX
thanks... i tried to up the calorie intake yesterday... I FAILED... this is a difficult task...  im still in my same calorie range...   i dont know what to add...  should i just concentrate on the whole COW?
Next GOAL...  199!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views