HELP! Hair Loss!!

Cassandra K.
on 3/30/11 10:56 am - Glen Burnie, MD
!!!Help!!!.  So it's been months since my last post but I'm almost 4 months post-op and I'm loosing my hair.  I'm african-american so I've decided to weave my hair but I need to know how long does this last.....anyone else experience hair-loss????
   HW: 236, SW: 220, CW: 179   

thisbe777
on 3/30/11 11:08 am
you're pretty much on schedule....  mine started going at the beginning of month 4 and slowed down about 3 1/2 months later...  nothing really prevents it, but it will stop.....  sometimes a shorter haircut will disguise it....  just make sure you keep your protein up and BE PATIENT!!

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

catwalker
on 3/30/11 11:12 am - Buna, TX
Mine started shedding at 2 months out and stopped @ 6 months. I was starting to worry but it was a general overall thinning not any bald spots, Thank goodness. I'm 11 months and it's just starting to get a little thicker and I have new growth which drives me crazy. Taking biotin doesen't hurt so I started it 3 weeks ago. It won't last long!!
Cassandra K.
on 3/30/11 11:14 am - Glen Burnie, MD

I've heard people mention Biotin before what is it and where do you get it?

HW: 236, SW: 220, CW: 179   

sleeve genie
on 3/30/11 12:15 pm - Alhambra, CA
Mine started falling out around month 4.  My daughter got tired of me complaining about it and bought me some biotin when i was about 8 months post op.   My hair stopped falling out but it was probably time for it to stop anyway.  Good luck  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

wert
on 3/30/11 11:57 am - MN
 I bought Biotin today. I got it at Wal-Mart in the vitamin aisle. I don't know if it will help but I'm sure it won't hurt. I just don't know how much to take.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Carmelita
on 3/30/11 12:07 pm - Four Corners, NM
justeric78
on 3/30/11 12:07 pm - Houston, TX
Biotin strengthens hair and nails, I know I have a supply I plan to start taking directly after surgery. I somehow doubt that it will stem the tide of hair loss though.
mimikay
on 3/30/11 12:24 pm
I've taken biotin since day of surgery. Still started losing my hair at 4 mos. Almost 8 mos out and it has slowed but not stopped as of yet. The biotin is supposed to help the new growth, not stop the loss. Good luck!
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
SkyQueen
on 3/30/11 1:27 pm - CO
 Well I just talked about this with my hairdresser yesterday.......she said there are some clients who had WLS that didn't loose hair and some that did..........the reason its usually around 3 months out is because thats a normal growth cycle for hair anyways. ....... she did feel like while you may not stop the inevitable......taking Biotin or other vitimens will help the new hair grow in healthier and thicker so thats what I plan to do....**********SIGH************* depressing isn't it!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 79 views