HELP.....how to cook fish

GOING2LOSEIT2011
on 3/31/11 6:56 am
Just made some last night  saute with a bit of water and a tsp of butter then I squeezed a bit of fresh lemon on it (I have a tree full of Lemons ) and a dash of dill .
It was Yummy !!

emelar
on 3/31/11 6:56 am - TX
Fish is easy.  Put on aluminum foil.  Season with whatever catches your fancy.  Wrap it up and put it in the toaster oven, 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Regular oven works too, of course, but when you're just making enough for you, the toaster oven is easier.  For salmon, my favorite seasoning is pesto butter.  Other fish, I use infused olive oils along with whatever seasonings are on hand with a little lemon squeezed over it.  Oh, and fresh baked salmon with Greek yogurt is great!
Arianasmama
on 3/31/11 7:05 am - Beverly Hills, CA
I do salmon lightly covered with dijon mustard; cover and bake in the oven until flaky
Be Blessed            
Jenijeni
on 3/31/11 7:27 am
My family loves salmon roasts... Take the roast and salt and pepper the inside. Slice lemons into thin rings and put inside roast. Wrap roast in foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes (check to make sure it flakes). You can also do this on your grill... If grilling, I poke a bunch of teeny holes in the foil with toothpick to let charcoal flavor in. To cook it like this you need to close the lid on the grill.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Jenn H.
on 3/31/11 7:31 am - Portland, OR
I just pan fry or broil in tinfoil with whatever seasonings I'd like at the time.

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

Elaine2
on 3/31/11 7:41 am - Atlanta, GA
Here's something to try if you want to keep a frozen tilapia in the frig.
It's from Costco....I haven't tried it yet but I know other who have and it's gotten good reviews.

Page down about a third of the page for the details.

I love this website which many folks on OH review.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Crabadams72
on 3/31/11 8:56 am - Silver Spring, MD
Just today I made a super easy tilapia dish--also taught the kids how to make it.
Salsa,tilapia and mozzarella cheese.
I used a glass baking dish, sprayed Pam in it.
Heated the oven to 400
Covered the fish in salsa and cheese and baked at 400 for about 15 mins
Everyone loved it.
charmaine A.
on 3/31/11 9:06 am - MI
i bake all my fish.........salmon talapia cod whatever, I take tinfoil and lay it flat, then i put the fish on there with a little salt, pepper, thyme, tomato, and scallions and lemon juice, then i fold up the foil and bake at 400 for 30 minutes..yummy..

Best of Luck, Charmaine

Judith K.
on 4/1/11 1:12 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
I don't think the salmon would work w/out a vacuum sealer.  As an aside, I think a vacuum sealer is an indispensable kitchen tool.  Especially now that we eat so little.  Sealing/freezing anything from fresh thinks you buy on sale (I just bought about $80 worth of Orange Roughy on sale for $8.99/# and will vacuum seal and freeze) to leftovers to making a big batch of something and freezing.  I made fresh marinara sauce last summer, vacuum sealed it and served it a few weeks ago.  Unbelievably fresh taste!

The salmon:

Sprinkle salmon filets w/ Chef Paul Prudhomme's Salmon Seasoning (or your seasoning of choice -- I think his is amazing!)

Vacuum seal the filets.  Allow to "marinate" for 15 minutes.

Hea****er to between 113 and 122 degrees.  (Very easy to maintain this temperature w/out any fancy equipment).

Submerge the vacuum sealed fillets (I have only done 2 at a time) in the water for 15 to 20 minutes.

Cut open the bag and enjoy moist delicious salmon.

This is the only "sous vide" recipe I've tried since I don't have any of the equipment needed to do others but I understand it's a great way to cook.  Here's an interesting link for anyone who's interested.

http://www.cookingsousvide.com/

HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

ahleeeshah
on 4/1/11 5:40 am
The easiest way to do it for me is to broil it. Spray a baking pan with PAM, put the fish in, sprinkle with whatever seasoning you want (I do Tony's, because it works on everything), under a broiler at about 375 until it looks right (I've never actually timed it).

Super simple, and you can get other things ready while it's cooking.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 152 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 427 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 445 views