Cold Feet!

Jennifer S.
on 4/7/11 12:56 pm
Good evening, all!  I have been reading and learning a great deal from the message boards and the site in general.  Thanks to all of you for sharing and being so forthright. 

Finally, I've decided to step out of the shadows and say hi :)

I made the decision to have the sleeve about 6 months ago, but had to wait until January to start the process.  Now, I am almost through a 3 month supervised diet required by my insurance company.  I got really overwhelmed and nervous this week that I could have surgery next month.  I was so sure and now I have cold feet.  Is that normal?  Am I not ready? 

I would love to hear from others who have been through this.

Thanks!
Jennifer
countrygolden
on 4/7/11 1:09 pm - Amboy, WA
Welcome! I think just about all of us have been through the same thing. It is a huge decision but it is one I am so glad I made. I was very nervous about doing it...almost wondered if everyone posting on here were real or some sort of "advertisement"! Ha! Are you ready? Well, are you ready to commit to the changes that will be required? Are ready to lose weight and live a healthier life? It does require you to change your way of eating but I felt that was a good thing. Yes, you should exercise (which I don't like but do it anyway). Keep in mind that the first few days/weeks are certainly different and even a bit rough for some. But it isn't long before you are really feeling normal again...just eating a lot less. I'm not exactly losing at a fast pace, but it is coming down and I'm okay going slow as long as that keeps happening. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how it is going. This forum has a great group of caring, supportive people.

Starting Weight-228.6, SW-221.4, CW-173 GW-125
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 1:52 pm
I am only 6 weeks out, and I can tell you that I was very nervous especially the last week before my surgery.  It was almost surreal.
But, having said that...
I am so glad I had the surgery!  I am living healthier than I have lived in decades!  My weight is going down and I am feeling better.

There is always someone on here who can answer the questons I have had.  So far, I haven't even had to ask a question about what I am experiencing... I just do a search at the top of the page and I get my answer because someone has had the same question before me.  It is good to know that there are other people who have gone before me. 

Everything is not perfect.  But it is 10,000,000 times better than it was before.
vjb1952
on 4/7/11 3:18 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Hi Jennifer,  Congratulations on your decision to pursue WLS/VSG as you continue your journey to overcome your weight issues.  I think it is perfectly normal to be a little nervous before taking such  life-changing steps because it really is a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix, requiring a high degree of committment on your part.    If you still have doubts, please don't hesitate to ask on the message board how other people handled different situations and/or issues.  I am sure you will find the people on this site are all very kind, compassionate and open when you pose a question.  Meanwhile, best wishes as you continue your journey...and we'll look forward to your updates!  Viv 

vjb1952

Jennifer S.
on 4/8/11 12:30 pm
Thank you all so much!  I definitely know that this is the right thing for me and such a blessing.  I just had an overwhelming feeling of doubt for two days.  After spending the past few nights reading everyone's stories, struggles, and successses, I feel much better!  I also talked things out with my husband.  That always helps!

About a month more of dieting and then surgery.  I say... bring it on! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views