HELP!...Sleeved on 4/8/11

shellychelle
on 4/10/11 11:47 pm
I just returned home yesterday morning and I am feeling like I am not getting enough down.  Only about 2oz water, maybe 2oz of protein drink yesterday and that is all. (The gas was really bothering me)  Can someone please give me a regimine to go by everyday during this fluid stage?

Also how are you getting down the prilosec? Can I swallow or do you cru**** up?  And does the vitamins make you nauseated, should I take them after I try and get something in my stomach?

Please Help!
Start Weight 280lbs....Surgery Weight 270.lbs....Current Weight 185lbs

NEW YEAR...NEW ME!!!!
PaulaS
on 4/10/11 11:58 pm - TX
Wow, if you are only able to get down 4 ounces in a day, I would be calling the Dr. first thing this morning.   How much were you able to get down in the hospital?

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
stephf
on 4/11/11 12:01 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
i use applesauce or puding both sugar free to get the prilosec down, Im 2 weeks out and can get 2 1/2 water bottles down plus 16 oz of protien in a day.   i would def call your doctor, hope you feel better

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

Lena G.
on 4/11/11 12:05 am - Lawton, OK
The best thing I found to fight the gas was to walk.  Mind you, it was a slow walk, but it was a walk.  For several days I just paced the hallway in the house, due to the weather.  Every couple of minutes, take a sip (small, just wet the inside of your mouth) of water. Sip, sip, sip... it adds up after a little while.  My doc prescribed Nexium, and I took it in the capsule form.  I had 3 meds I HAD to take in pill/capsule form.  I spaced them out throughout the day, and just kept sipping.  All my vitamins/supplements were/are chewable, and I never got nauseous from them.  It does get better, I promise!!!  Remember... sip, walk, sip, walk, sip, sip, sip!

39 lbs pre surgery weightloss... slowly, but surely getting there!

shellychelle
on 4/11/11 12:28 am
Thanks for all the advice guys yeah I was able to get down about 4 -6ozs in the hospital before I came home, so this morning I am sipping and walking, then some broth then sip and walk then some jello, then sip and walk and then some Cream soup;;;;right?

Start Weight 280lbs....Surgery Weight 270.lbs....Current Weight 185lbs

NEW YEAR...NEW ME!!!!
skinnymeforever
on 4/11/11 2:55 am - AZ
When you say, "you can only get down", what happens that that is all you can get down? Does it hurt, do you puke, does it taste bad, what's the symptom?  Hold that botlte of water in your hand ALWAYS.  Sip (even if it's just wetting the inside of your mouth).  Let us know what your symptoms are when drinking water. That may help us with what you are going through.

wantabeskinny2011
on 4/11/11 4:36 am
If you don't make your self start drinking your going to end up in the hospital for dehydration. You need to sip every few mins. Or get you a 1 oz medicine cup and drink it every 5 to 10 mins. My doctor wouldn't let me leave the hospital till he knew I would get my fluids down. I understand if you don't feel like drinking but you have to. The best way for me to get my fluids in is a water bottle with a spout or a straw. I know some doctors say don't us a straw but if that's the only way that you will drink I bet he'll tell you to try it.
emelar
on 4/11/11 4:43 am - TX
Get a teaspoon or tablespoon and feed yourself liquids/protein drinks one spoonful at a time.  Yes, it's tedious, but all the spoonfuls will add up over time.  Right now, getting fluids in is critical and should be your full time job.

Gas - walking is about the only thing that will help move it out.  Some people have gotten relief from heating pads, some from Gas-X strips.

I wouldn't worry about the vitamins this early out.

FLUIDS, FLUIDS, FLUIDS!!!!
michellercollins
on 4/11/11 6:07 am - VA
 FYI - one of the gals in my nutrition class says that Prilosec is now available in liquid form. (This was last week)
Linda B.
on 4/11/11 7:59 am
I was tolld not to have my vitamins until I saw the NUT 2 weeks after surgery. Walking is the best bet for gas and its going to get better. The first few days are tough, but you'll soon be well! Hang in there shellychelle!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views