13 months out and not getting full as fast :(

some1sospecial
on 4/14/11 3:29 am - Edinburg/San Antonio, TX
I'm alittle disappointed because I didn't hit the 100 lb loss mark before I completed the year. I started at 224 and currently weight 134.
Anyway, I'm noticing that I can take in about double the food I dis before. Before I could only eat half a ham sandwich and now I can eat the whole thing. This is NOT good because for an over eater like me that's how it starts. I do try and make healthier choices for example for lunch today I had a warm spinach salad with mushrooms and slivered almonds. But I almost ate the whole thing before my stomach started to feel anything!
Is there anyway I can reshrink my stomach and get it to get full faster again??
My weight loss was so slow the last thing I need is to take in MORE food.

Help please, any tips or tricks will be appreciated. At 100 loss we wanted to try for baby #4 (last one), then get my plastics.

Thanks in advance.

HW: 231, SW: 224.5, CW: 140, GW: 130  

Advocare Independent Distributor https://www.advocare.com/150535984

DeeAnnM
on 4/14/11 3:37 am, edited 4/14/11 3:37 am
I can't answer your question because I'm pre-op. I can say that my current weight is about where you started and if I could get down to the 130's in a year I would be ecstatic. Congratulations on all your success!
some1sospecial
on 4/14/11 3:50 am - Edinburg/San Antonio, TX
Thanks Deeann, I am happy with my loss. I've gone from a tight size 20 jeans to a loose size 4, so I am happy. I just don't want to screw it up by eating more now.

DeeAnnM
on 4/14/11 4:21 am
No, I hear you. Of the two people I know who had WLS, my mom has kept off the weight for over 6 years, but the scale is starting to creep up on my sister. Regaining is my worst fear. I hope you figure it out.
faylavi
on 4/14/11 3:39 am - Laurel, MD
 Try more dense protein.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

some1sospecial
on 4/14/11 4:02 am - Edinburg/San Antonio, TX
Thanks faylavi, that probably would be the best and only way. Good thing is lots of times I actually crave proteins. Salmon has become my best friend lol, second to pork. Both of which I hated pre-op lol weird

faylavi
on 4/14/11 11:13 pm - Laurel, MD
Pork?  LOL!  That is weird. Its better than bread!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Kristy R.
on 4/14/11 4:09 am - Santa Clara, CA
 You are doing amazing!  So impressive!  Don't come down on yourself, you should be nothing but proud, and you are very close!  Good for you!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

vjb1952
on 4/14/11 4:17 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
  Congratulations on your remarkable loss to date!   We all lose at different rates, and our bodies change their responses from one day to the next, doggone it!  I agree with faylavi's suggestion about more dense protein.  Think you might feel fuller,  faster & longer...but please don't discount your success to date...I think you are doing outstanding!

Best wishes as you continue your journey,  Viv 

vjb1952

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 4:20 am
You have done very well and have made so much progress. I would encourage you to eat more dense protein first at every meal and to stay away from carbs.  I have yet to have a sandwich and I am almost two years out now.  The bread is a huge slider food for me.  I also try to incorporate veggies that are high in fiber, such as celery as they stay in your stomach longer and prevent you from overeating.  I don't know if you are still not drinking with your food, but if you have stopped doing that, I would definitely go back to waiting at least 30 min before drinking.  I wish you luck and you might also want to post this on the VSG Maintenance group board.  It's a great place to get good advice and suggestions from people further out. 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views