Tired all the time, when does it pass?

_aprilh_
on 4/18/11 1:07 pm - OK
I am tired all the time. I am about 3 and 1/2 weeks out and at the end of the day I feel like a snail. I don't want to move I am so tired. How long does this last? I am getting all of my water in and I am taking my vitamins (even B-12). I started back to work about a two weeks ago. I don't do much but sit at a computer all day so it is not physically demanding. I do however walk during lunch and often have to run to the grocery or wally world after work. I also cook and clean for a family of 5 and my husband often works late. I try to get to bed by 11pm and I get up generally around 6am. I would love to sleep more but then I would never see my husband. So, does it get easier? Will my energy rebound? I am eating soft protein right now but I am only able to eat about 2oz at a time, so all in all I am eating about 6-8oz of food a day. I fear I am not eating enough but I don't want to stretch my pouch and there have been a few times I have eaten until I thought I would throw up (I won't do that again!). When did you feel up to par?
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

jbskaggs
on 4/18/11 1:19 pm - holt, MO
 I began to gain more energy when I began exercising more. Sitting in front of a computer or TV zaps your energy and makes both weight loss and energy levels suffer.

Could you change your workstation to where you stand? Or could you bring some small weights with you to work and use them on your breaks?

Also getting more protien in your diet would help you.  Something else could you at lunch take a nap?  That helps me sometimes.

JB

Gracieteddy
on 4/18/11 1:19 pm - IA
It sounds like you are a busy person and probably need more sleep. Are you getting protein from shakes on top of what you are eating? 60  to 80 Grams a day?

_rebecca
on 4/18/11 1:32 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
I had some major problems with being tired.  Make sure your are getting enough iron and B12.  If you are deficient in either, it can make you sleepy.  Exercise does help me as well as making sure I get in the right vitamins every day .  My energy did finally rebound about six weeks out.  It will get better.  Your body is making some major adjustments and healing too.  You will feel better soon!
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 9:57 pm - MI
I am almost four weeks out. I was having the same problem in week two. I describe my feeling as weak though. I have a blood pressure cuff and when I took my bp it was very low. I quit taking my bp med. Now I am fine. If you think it's that talk to your DR.
Carmelita
on 4/18/11 10:29 pm, edited 4/18/11 10:30 pm - Four Corners, NM
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views